Railfan famous?

Any historical questions can be posted here. Answers would certainly help as well :)
Pete Mayor
Railroadfan...fan

Railfan famous?

Unread post by Pete Mayor »

Found this mural at Sexton High School today in Lansing, MI. Trains caught my eye and then the signature surprised the heck out of me! Jerry Pinkepank (Morning Sun books, etc.) Painted in 1960. Thought this was cool and that I should share.

"I have as much authority as the Pope. I just don’t have as many people who believe it.
"

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Re: Railfan famous?

Unread post by AARR »

The picture in my Avatar is from Jerry :)
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Pete Mayor
Railroadfan...fan

AARR wrote:The picture in my Avatar is from Jerry :)
That's cool. Jerry is one of my train pic heroes. :)
"I have as much authority as the Pope. I just don’t have as many people who believe it.
"

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Never heard of Jerry. How about a brief history lesson for those of us who don't know who he is. :)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

MagnumForce
Angry Man

Unread post by MagnumForce »

Google, Jim, Google.

Pete Mayor
Railroadfan...fan

Prolific photographer of Michigan railroads. Founded Extra 2200 South magazine . Wrote the Diesel Spotters Guide. Has a number of Morning Sun books, mostly of Michigan: Detroit Downriver, Grand Trunk in Color, etc. Kind of the other great Michigan rail guy like Emery Gulash.
"

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

MagnumForce wrote:Google, Jim, Google.
Well that would defeat the purpose of a discussion on a message board. And I'd rather hear commentary from rrfan members who knew him personally. :P
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

J T wrote:
MagnumForce wrote:Google, Jim, Google.
Well that would defeat the purpose of a discussion on a message board. And I'd rather hear commentary from rrfan members who knew him personally. :P
YAARR
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

EXACTLY. I'm tired of the "use Google" BS that people here keep spouting.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

SD80MAC wrote:EXACTLY. I'm tired of the "use Google" BS that people here keep spouting.
Often times, Google can provide better answers than some of the fine patrons of RRFan... In this case, I'm with you and Jim.
Bottom text.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

SD80MAC wrote:EXACTLY. I'm tired of the "use Google" BS that people here keep spouting.
I thought it was relevant here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=27306

:lol: :twisted:

cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Unread post by cbehr91 »

Easy, scooter. Jesus on a bicycle says it'll be okay.