Train Festival 2009: Update

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
leo28150
Deactivated

Re: Train Festival 2009: Update

Unread post by leo28150 »

Why couldn't it run up the Wabash to Detroit and then get handed off to CSX??? Isn't there a connection to run between Oakwood and Rougemere that transfers between the two yards use?? Seems like it would be a whole lot quicker going directly to Detroit than running east then north thru Toledo out of 'da Fort'.....

GTW6401
how bout no

Unread post by GTW6401 »

Trains can use the Foreman Wye to go between Rougemere and Oakwood. Y201 used to run cars over to Oakwood using the road power then wye them before returning to the yard.

MDH
rp.net addict

Unread post by MDH »

leo28150 wrote:Why couldn't it run up the Wabash to Detroit and then get handed off to CSX??? Isn't there a connection to run between Oakwood and Rougemere that transfers between the two yards use?? Seems like it would be a whole lot quicker going directly to Detroit than running east then north thru Toledo out of 'da Fort'.....
While yes that also sounds logical, the implication of the post about the watering stop is that it will be in Plymouth South of the diamond, which would mean it had come up from Toledo on CSX...

There's enough conjecture about this to have it going half a dozen different ways though - guess we'll see what "really happens"...
Michael Harding
P&WV fan in HO

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

Anything new on when the 765 will leave Fort Wayne? I'm catching it somewhere.. the only question is where?
Bottom text.

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

Plymouth is not likely. The route that seems the most sence is NS Wabash to Milan, then hand off to the Annie, then North to Osmer and over to GLC. Why would they truck ( because NS would probably not let her lead) it to Oakwood, then onto the Foreman Wye to Rougemere. Then CSX would have to bring it back West. Thats just nonsence.

And as I recall CSXT has alsways made abig stink wehn ever a steam locomotive excursion (not in the Chessie Days) wanted to run here in Michigan. Unless they are SO desperate, i dont think that'd happen. i would like to see it but, no way. The last time NKP 765 was on the CSXT in Plymouth was August of 1993 dressed up as C&O 2765.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

TrainWatcher wrote:Why would they truck ( because NS would probably not let her lead) it to Oakwood, then onto the Foreman Wye to Rougemere.
What do you mean, "why would they truck?"
And as I recall CSXT has alsways made abig stink wehn ever a steam locomotive excursion (not in the Chessie Days) wanted to run here in Michigan. Unless they are SO desperate, i dont think that'd happen.
So put 765 elsewhere in the consist and let a diesel unit lead. Doesn't sound too complicated, but for some reason you haven't stated that option. Or is it?
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

MDH
rp.net addict

Unread post by MDH »

J T wrote: So put 765 elsewhere in the consist and let a diesel unit lead. Doesn't sound too complicated, but for some reason you haven't stated that option. Or is it?
It's not that complicated and the PR person from the 765 group already publicly stated that the "other carrier" (which almost has to be CSX) would add their own engine on front just like NS...

The same person also noted only the "final 10%" would be free of a lead diesel which implies on the GLC to Owosso after interchange from CSX...

It seems no clear statement will be forthcoming because the railroads involved don't want it "publicized" but there's enough out there now to piece together a reasonable idea of what will likely happen - now what people want to believe may be different...
Michael Harding
P&WV fan in HO

strugglin
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by strugglin »

Take it for what it's worth, but I've been told the same route TrainWatcher has suggested. Is the date now confirmed for the 21st? If they were moving it Wednesday, I would have come up a day early from Columbus, but I don't think I will come up on Tuesday just to see it moved with a diesel in front.

CamasChris
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CamasChris »

Anybody think about CF&E then the I&O to Diann? Both lines are lighly traveled and 765 wont get in the way of anything. Plymouth may just be a hoax.

RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by RailCanon »

"Nothing is official until it arrives." -Greg Udolph
We'll see guys.

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread post by CAT345C »

Yall are all wrong, its coming up the Indiana Northeastern to Jackson then taking the MAL to South Lyon then back to Lansing so D708 can pull it back and forth from Ann pere to lansing for a week or two, then it will get on to the GLC by mid august. Thats the route
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

J T wrote:
TrainWatcher wrote:Why would they truck ( because NS would probably not let her lead) it to Oakwood, then onto the Foreman Wye to Rougemere.
What do you mean, "why would they truck?"
Tow her, sorry choice of words. Here are the choices I see...

NS Wabash to Milan makes the most sence
I&O to Diann, Then on the AA.

But Plymouth.... seriously.... Thats a laugh.

Because why tow her to Oakwood, then over to Rougemere and ALL the way back to Ann Pere? Thats not Logical. Also think of the day. It would have to be Sunday, thats the day the line from Rougemere West is quietest. And I believe there is trackwork taking place all along the Plymouth Sub Westbound.... Primarily at S Lyon...

Now NB from Walbridge, thats a better possibility, however again the day and Time. Trying to get NKP 765 through to Walbridge will be one thing, then to Ann Pere.... That'd be a headache.

Mike, thats the most logical route I have ever heard of! Too bad 90% of the MAL is Trails. Are they gonna walk it? Wait that might be faster than CSX would take it! :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by RailCanon »

NS Wabash to Milan makes the most sence
I&O to Diann, Then on the AA.
The I&O won't work. The connection with the CF&E at Lima is too tight for the locomotive. They were preparing to run trips out of Lima several years ago and had to axe them for this reason.
Last edited by RailCanon on Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Unread post by Scooterb »

Late change on the 4449.
From another board
This is to let all of you know we have a bridge clearance issue out of Chicago that was not detected by Amtrak until this morning.
There will be a new route determined out of Chicago in the morning. We will keep you posted.
We have plotted a solution... but a new route will be necessary. Stay tuned.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Scooterb wrote:Late change on the 4449.
From another board
This is to let all of you know we have a bridge clearance issue out of Chicago that was not detected by Amtrak until this morning.
There will be a new route determined out of Chicago in the morning. We will keep you posted.
We have plotted a solution... but a new route will be necessary. Stay tuned.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! Image
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

J T wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! Image
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

Hum lets see I am due to take a train to Chicago sometime Satarday, and come back Sunday. Huummmmmmm lets see......

I suspect that the only other "quick" solutions given that it is two days away, and is a Amtrak move, is #1 Over the NS to Butler to Milan, or #2 as Amtrak already runs on CN from BC to Durand, just take the IC to the GTW and on the GTW.
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

mikerm19
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by mikerm19 »

I DEMAND that the bridge be taken out TODAY. :evil:
Mike
http://www.mitrain.net Come see us!

csxt4617
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by csxt4617 »

How about CSX via GR to Ann Pere? :mrgreen:
Will be interesting to see which route it ends up going. I wonder what the clearance issue is?