NS fostoria district

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

NS fostoria district

Unread post by redside20 »

how busy is the NS fostoria district these days? i don't get up to my beloved Nickel Plated mainline much these days and am due for a outing up there. hopefully i can get my atcs up and running soon.
Exit stage left

strugglin
Railroadfan...fan

Re: NS fostoria district

Unread post by strugglin »

I was just in Fostoria last Thursday night and Sunday night going to and from Owosso to Columbus. I saw 12-15 trains each night I was there, but only 2 each night were NS though, so it seems it has significantly slowed down as of late.

trainfan27
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by trainfan27 »

I was in Fostoria watching trains yesterday around 2pm-5pm at the depot I saw about 15 CSX trains, but I only saw 2 NS trains one mixed freight going eastbound and a geep doing some yard work in the NS yard, I also went to Fostoria for a couple of hours a few weeks ago and didnt see an NS action
trainfan27

CG Tower
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CG Tower »

NS currently has several maintenance of way projects on going which has thrown off day time train counts. In a 24 hour period, the Fostoria District is a pretty busy piece of railroad.

CG Tower
-You are speaking in nonsense. This troubles me.

See all of my photos at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cgtower/

UKFan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by UKFan »

When I come over next May, it's one place I am considering paying a visit to. I'm actually staying in Newark, Ohio, and intend to drive up to Deshler and Willard. However, I like the look of Fostoria as well, so I'll pay a visit on the way back down south again.

Andy
UK

CG Tower
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CG Tower »

Hi Andy:

If you are in Deshler, you can still easily photograph the NS by driving a few mile south to Leipsic (pronounced: Lip-sick), Ohio. The CSX Toledo Subdivision crosses the NS Fostoria District at grade. Its a small town feel and the location is friendly for visiting.

Let us know when you make it over this way...we'd be happy to assist you in seeing the sights.

Regards,

Eric
-You are speaking in nonsense. This troubles me.

See all of my photos at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cgtower/