NS 331 in EMEREGNCY in Wyandotte......

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

NS 331 in EMEREGNCY in Wyandotte......

Unread post by M.D.Bentley »

This morning the 331 hit a student at Eureka rd. who was on his way to the high school. There is no public access here, just a well worn path. THE GOOD NEWS, he's beat up but alive. He walked to the high school clinic and was transported to the hospital. The crew is shaken up but OK. Will people ever learn ?

firemedic54
Railroadfan...fan

Re: NS 331 in EMEREGNCY in Wyandotte......

Unread post by firemedic54 »

Nope. Never will. In my line of business we refer to that as job security. I think we still have plenty of Darwin awards here somewhere....

tazer
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by tazer »

The family will file a law suit, the railroad(s) will put up a fence and there will be a hole cut in it with in a month .
It is like trying to keep critters from crossing the road . It is inbread for them to cross at that point and nothing will deter them
Now the railorad police will be ticketing those who trespass by crossing the tracks at that location so railfans beware You're an easy target

OwlCaboose2853
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by OwlCaboose2853 »

Wyandotte teen clipped by train, fractures skull http://www.freep.com/article/20091105/N ... 1/1202/rss :?
Amtrak Wolverines
NS Michigan Lines
Ann Arbor RR
The Monorail Society

Steven R. Williams

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

M.D.Bentley wrote:This morning the 331 hit a student at Eureka rd. who was on his way to the high school. There is no public access here, just a well worn path. THE GOOD NEWS, he's beat up but alive. He walked to the high school clinic and was transported to the hospital. The crew is shaken up but OK. Will people ever learn ?
How does someone survive getting hit by a 250 ton engine :? I've seen the pictures afterwards and it's gross.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

intocable83
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by intocable83 »

I just think of this as a first hand lesson for his friends and those who he goes to school with about the dangers of crossing where you shouldn't and maybe not be stupid and pay attention. Just like crossing a street you still need to look both ways :idea:

Fred
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Fred »

Wyandotte PD did issue the boy a tresspassing ticket. He's 1 lucky kid, not many are hit by a 25 mph train and get up & walk away from it.

GTWChris
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GTWChris »

Don Simon wrote:
M.D.Bentley wrote:This morning the 331 hit a student at Eureka rd. who was on his way to the high school. There is no public access here, just a well worn path. THE GOOD NEWS, he's beat up but alive. He walked to the high school clinic and was transported to the hospital. The crew is shaken up but OK. Will people ever learn ?
How does someone survive getting hit by a 250 ton engine :? I've seen the pictures afterwards and it's gross.
Not only did he survive has was able to continue on to the High School.

CharlieX90
Back from "Vacation"

Unread post by CharlieX90 »

he's lucky 331 is usually cruising between 30 and 35 mph thru there

hoborich
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by hoborich »

Eureka Road is an underpass at that location. The kid must have been up top and trespassing. How do you not hear a train coming, or see the headlight. I watch trains at Oak street in Wyandotte, which is a couple blocks north of Eureka, and we can see trains coming for two miles, in either direction. I have seen kids stand on the crossing until the very last second, many times, playing some kind of chicken game.
"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you".

hoborich
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by hoborich »

he's lucky 331 is usually cruising between 30 and 35 mph thru thereCharlieX90
Railroadfan...fan
Yep. Track speed through Wyandotte is 40 mph.
"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you".

esprrfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by esprrfan »

Don Simon wrote:
Some people are lucky (blessed maybe) last winter 21J at 58 mph hit a guy in Sandusky, he ended up with a broken leg :shock: other than that he had the bumps and cut from bouncing along the ballast a bit.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

People walk out in front of cars and get hit every day, too. They don't learn no matter WHAT the mode of transportation is coming toward them.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

MDH
rp.net addict

Unread post by MDH »

J T wrote: People walk out in front of cars and get hit every day, too. They don't learn no matter WHAT the mode of transportation is coming toward them.
My first thought was someone walking in front of a supertanker and getting hit (laughing to myself) and then remembered this picture of the nautical equivilant of "walking in front of":

Michael Harding
P&WV fan in HO

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

MDH wrote:My first thought was someone walking in front of a supertanker and getting hit (laughing to myself) and then remembered this picture of the nautical equivilant of "walking in front of":
I do this quite often in Battlefield..my team doesn't seem the most pleased when I take our battleship, ram it into our aircraft carrier a couple of times and sink both ships in the process :)
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

tarsakh
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by tarsakh »

moral of the story: trains vs man, trains win. and never play on railroadfan's team in battlefield if you want to win.