CSX Q106 with a pair of KCS Belle's

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
DTI_RB2
Railroadfan...fan

CSX Q106 with a pair of KCS Belle's

Unread post by DTI_RB2 »

CSX Q106 ran east tonight thru Sidney with a pair of KCS Southern Belle's running elephant stlye, I believe both were SD70ACe's, leader was KCS 4115. While it's not unusual for this train to have KCS power, its been awhile since I've seen it with a pair of Belle's, if it isn't raining tomorrow evening this should make for some nice shots of Q107 in the Marion(OH) area

strugglin
Railroadfan...fan

Re: CSX Q106 with a pair of KCS Belle's

Unread post by strugglin »

Where's Sidney? I know there's an intermodal train that runs as far east as Marion that routinely has KCS power, I'm assuming this is it? It will be scheduled to arrive in Marion on Tuesday evening then? I'm going up to Greenwich and Crestline today for the IAIS train, looks like I'm gonna head to Marion tomorrow then for this train, I've never seen a Southern Belle in person, and it seems worth the 45 minute drive north if I know it will be there.

DTI_RB2
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by DTI_RB2 »

The train will run west tonight with the pair of Belle's (forgot what time it was when I posted, I've had about 6 hours of sleep since Thursday). Sidney is 60 miles west of Marion

strugglin
Railroadfan...fan

oh, so it's already in Marion then? It leaves to head back west tonight? I wonder if I will be able to see the engines inside the intermodal yard there, I know its pretty wide open. This is perfect then, I will hit Marion on my way up to Greenwich and Crestline tonight then.

strugglin
Railroadfan...fan

Thanks for the post, I'm in Marion now. KCS 4115 & 4124 are out by the intermodal yard, they are scheduled to leave between 7-8. Meanwhile I'm just enjoying the action in Marion, 7 trains in 75 minutes so far!

bdconrail29
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bdconrail29 »

Are you heading to Crestline or Greenwich? I was thinking about heading out from Shelby to either location to catch the IAIS train if it will be thru here by 10pm.
Brett

cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Unread post by cbehr91 »

Passed by the station at about 2030, and I caught it out in the country by milepost 106 shortly thereafter. It was an unusually busy afternoon too.

strugglin
Railroadfan...fan

Who was at Marion talking to me? I didn't catch your name?

It came by at 8:30, I left there right after a CSX grain train came thru going north on the C&O, but that was close to 8:30, I don't see how I could've missed it heading east out of town.