NY State CSX Derailment?

News or chat about railroad info that pertains to the entire United States, another state, or country.
A No.1
To Portland

NY State CSX Derailment?

Unread post by A No.1 »

Has their been a derailment or something closing a CSX line North of Pennsylvania?

My dad has seen a bunch of CSX trains go west on the NS Reading line. Wondering if they are re-routes.
Mark it Zero.

CharlieX90
Back from "Vacation"

Re: NY State CSX Derailment?

Unread post by CharlieX90 »

I think there was one near Albany.I beleive Conrail mike posted the link in the chatbox yesterday

GLC 392
TSBY/GLC KID

Unread post by GLC 392 »

This was posted on the NS johnstown group but there was a O71 with three CSX engines leading the way i kind of wondered when i read that, and also i don't know if it has anything to do with a possible derailment but the CSX was quite busy through Pitts. today.

cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Unread post by cbehr91 »

JUST AARON wrote:Has their been a derailment or something closing a CSX line North of Pennsylvania?

My dad has seen a bunch of CSX trains go west on the NS Reading line. Wondering if they are re-routes.
Indeed there was a derailment at Ravena, New York. Detours were seen on NS's Harrisburg Line, Reading Line, Port Road Branch and Lehigh Line today. I can't say to which trains are being detoured though.

GLC 392
TSBY/GLC KID

Unread post by GLC 392 »

077 is rolled through connemaugh a few minutes ago. GEVO, sd70mac and another engine.

cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Unread post by cbehr91 »

GLC 392 wrote:077 is rolled through connemaugh a few minutes ago. GEVO, sd70mac and another engine.
Make that the Pittsburgh Line as well.