Myspace.com

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)

Do you have a Myspace.com page?

Yes
35%
No
65%

Total votes: 23

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Myspace.com

Unread post by ~Z~ »

How many of you all have a myspace.com page? If you do, post a link here.

My page can be found here: http://www.myspace.com/railroadfan
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

JoeHacker
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by JoeHacker »

i do but im remakin it
:D

JoeHacker
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by JoeHacker »

Mr. Tops
Ferroequinologist

Mona

Unread post by Mr. Tops »

What the heck, Zack!? I never knew you went to Shores. I graduated there 6 years behind you. Maybe you knew my cousin Marc? You were probably a grade ahead of him.

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

I do. It is about 6 feet around me all the time, thats MY SPACE. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread post by CAT345C »

I hate myspace a lot. I think its annoying, and parents need to see what their kids are posting on there.
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e

patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by patrick »

THE ENTIRE RESON OF HAVING A MYSPACE IS TO GET AWAY FROM OUR FRICKEN PAPRENTS.... SRRY CAPS lock was on..

lemscate
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by lemscate »

Hmmm.. and I thought the entire reason of having a Myspace account was to post pictures of oneself getting ever so slightly intoxicated and doing things one normally wouldn't do.

Eric Berger
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Eric Berger »

I have one, but I don't go there all that much anymore.

Lately it seems like I spend more time emptying my Inbox there than anything else. Usually it's crammed full of Friend Requests from these teenage girls with raunchy profiles, who can't seem to take 'No' for an answer.

I agree with A1 RailFan -- the parents definitely need to see what their children are posting there.
"From a really tall tower, in the middle of a really big field..."

Railzfan
SpecialDuty

Unread post by Railzfan »

MySpace is garbage…although I do not have an account on there I have never heard a good thing about it! Just like on other boards (I know MySpace is not a message board but it seems to have had the same thing happen to it) that is gone in the toilet due to poor management and way too much freedom with what members are allowed to do. There are soooo many other good places that are managed, why do people like MySpace so much!
~Andrew Kersting

Website - Rocky Mountain Custom Models

Long Live the Denver & Rio Grande Western!

Slyguy1500
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Slyguy1500 »

Because myspace is fricken awesome. There is no need for "why"
SLY~GUY
Slyguy1500: The admin, or to you guys, god, posted a link, meaning you must click and watch whatever it is
viewtopic.php?t=177

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Just noticed this thread...and just recently set up a MySpace page, mainly 'cause I could...
http://www.myspace.com/dakiddder

i995impalass
Yooper Foamer

Unread post by i995impalass »

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

Not me. Myspace, Xanga, Facebook ect. are creepy. Who knows who's watching. And what's the point, why not talk to the person on the phone or in person, like we all used to!
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Conrail Jon wrote:And what's the point, why not talk to the person on the phone or in person, like we all used to!
Like before you were born, Jon? :lol: :wink: I agree 100%. I know quite a few people who all they do is text each other or communicate via myspace. What happened to the days of CALLING if you wanted to ask a girl out for a date??

By the way, the MAJORITY of myspace members are in the 30's. I was surprised to read that.

Anyway, I have a myspace page just so I can look at other people's pictures (gotta log in to do that). But I'm not sharing it. :P

Hey Zack, this picture is friggin' awesome:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Justin
Train Videoholic

Unread post by Justin »

I don't have one and don't plan on getting one. I like sites like this where you can talk to others about what you like or a common interest. If I want friends I am not going to sit at my computer, I will go out and meet people face to face. :)
My train pictures can now be found at:
http://trainman86.rrpicturearchives.net

And my train videos at:
http://www.youtube.com/trainman1986

My website, dedicated to my layout, "The Fast Lane" (still under construction)
www.trainman86.webs.com

TrainNut85
Train Chaser

Unread post by TrainNut85 »

I have one, even tho I have a few train stuff on it.

www.myspace.com/trainguy85

SousaKerry
ALCOHAULIC

Unread post by SousaKerry »

I used to have the original thing called a website, you know where you register a domain and put up your own stuff but allas it expired years ago, Like many things I got bored with it, oh and there was that new fangled java script thingie that I just did not want to learn, but then they came out with programs that wrote the code for you :roll: :x
What smells like lube oil and diesel.... Oh wait it's just my "Locomotive Breath"

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Conrail Jon wrote:Not me. Myspace, Xanga, Facebook ect. are creepy. Who knows who's watching. And what's the point, why not talk to the person on the phone or in person, like we all used to!
I use all three of 'em...not Myspace so much, mostly 'cause it's new to me and I don't know how to...but in my experience using the above sites, it's pretty easy to more or less control who sees your information...and if you're stingy regarding how much personal stuff you put out there, it's awful hard for people to track you down. Personally, I use Facebook to keep in touch with people at school that I really don't have any other way to keep in touch with...plus, it's a easy way for some of my friends to get my cell number if I'm not around (such as during vacations and when my computer goes into the shop)...I guess that I use the various sites to keep in touch with those people I don't see everyday, or more than once every couple months, in some cases, and although there is a lot of bad press for a lot of these websites (myspace comes to mind), a lot of the people who were getting into trouble were putting far more information about themselves online than they really should have been...and going much farther online with total strangers than they should have been. When you use care and caution on the internet in general (and certain social networking sites in particular) a lot of the creepiness goes away and there really is a lot of utility to be had...

...my two cents on the matter anyway...

TrainNut85
Train Chaser

Unread post by TrainNut85 »

Hey guys, if any of you are interested, I created a group in myspace as a tribute to the TSBY at groups.myspace.com/tsbyrailway, for anyone that has an interest in the TSBY.