AA - NS Spur in Ann Arbor

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
PerRock
Railroadfan...fan

AA - NS Spur in Ann Arbor

Unread post by PerRock »

the connector between Annie & the Michigan line appears to be under construction. I drove past today on Main St. and the right lane (North Bound) was closed right there at the old crossing. It appears that there has been some plant removal happening along the line heading down from Main St.

peter
Given the choice; I fly Amtrak.
American Trainz Group

SW
Rail Trail Explorer

Re: AA - NS Spur in Ann Arbor

Unread post by SW »

Hmmm, the grade crossing is pretty much paved over now. If they re-construct that, then I'll believe something is up.
Owosso Steve

chapmaja
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by chapmaja »

I think I heard there was some worked to be done on Main St in the area. I would think nothing of this right now because the connection to the AA is LONG GONE at the top of the hill.

I will try to drive by Wednesday afternoon if I get a chance.

ns8401
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ns8401 »

chapmaja wrote:I think I heard there was some worked to be done on Main St in the area. I would think nothing of this right now because the connection to the AA is LONG GONE at the top of the hill.

I will try to drive by Wednesday afternoon if I get a chance.
Not quite so long gone, the switch is still in... I wouldn't go riding any wagons down that track though... :wink:
Celebrating Over 3800 Posts in HD
This updated Signature Brought To YOU By The One The Only MQT3001!
NS8401, Online, At Trackside And On Your Side

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

Wonder if they got the connection back hat they would interchange there. NS one has 38E and 39E each way and I don't think that they'd stop for that when they could get the traffic direct from AA in Toledo. I wonder if they'd use it for the AA-Det Commuter Trains? ButI bet it'd be a pain in the arse to send bi-levels down that steep of a grade, but make it easier to bring the train set from Owosso to AA for the test runs and whatever else.

Michael
Stuck in mud

Unread post by Michael »

I made it a point of driving by there just now and the work appears to just be utility related. They did clear some of the brush on the tracks but I think it was just to make it easier to dig in that area.

Although you could really stretch the possibilities and say they are installing a new crossing arm for the future when they do reconnect the line :wink:

JANGAJONGA
Epic Fail B34 Master

Unread post by JANGAJONGA »

The Switch on the Annie is in fact not connected, They removed it a couple years back, it is still connected on the NS side however to the team track.

OwlCaboose2853
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by OwlCaboose2853 »

JANGAJONGA wrote:The Switch on the Annie is in fact not connected, They removed it a couple years back, it is still connected on the NS side however to the team track.
Probably, NS work the spur for Mi-Train Commuter rail will be parking.
Amtrak Wolverines
NS Michigan Lines
Ann Arbor RR
The Monorail Society

Steven R. Williams

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

Unread post by ConrailMan5 »

JANGAJONGA wrote:The Switch on the Annie is in fact not connected, They removed it a couple years back, it is still connected on the NS side however to the team track.
seems to me that the switch is still there, but is just missing a bit of track from the connector to the lead of the switch,

love to see some intercahnging going on there.
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
-Kurt Vonnegut

chapmaja
Railroadfan...fan

ConrailMan5 wrote:
seems to me that the switch is still there, but is just missing a bit of track from the connector to the lead of the switch,

love to see some intercahnging going on there.

It appears the swtich was long gone when I drove by there a few weeks ago. It appeared as if the switch and the first section of track from the switch was gone.

Ben Higdon
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Ben Higdon »

The aerial view on Bing maps looks like two 39' sections of rail were removed a few hundred feet down the connection to the AA. The switch to the AA appears to be intact.

chapmaja
Railroadfan...fan

Like I said above, the switch from the AA to the NS is gone at the AA Mainline. I took a picture of the location where the switch was today on my way to work.

OwlCaboose2853
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by OwlCaboose2853 »

chapmaja wrote:Like I said above, the switch from the AA to the NS is gone at the AA Mainline. I took a picture of the location where the switch was today on my way to work.

Bye, bye, Michigan Lines-Annie Interchange, real sad. :(
Amtrak Wolverines
NS Michigan Lines
Ann Arbor RR
The Monorail Society

Steven R. Williams

JANGAJONGA
Epic Fail B34 Master

Unread post by JANGAJONGA »

chapmaja wrote:Like I said above, the switch from the AA to the NS is gone at the AA Mainline. I took a picture of the location where the switch was today on my way to work.

thanks for the conformation :)

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by midland sub »

Hey AARR what's wrong with you? Three active AA threads and not an peep out of you......

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

midland sub wrote:Hey AARR what's wrong with you? Three active AA threads and not an peep out of you......
If you keep posting messages like this they will take away my Mr Irrelevant award and give it to you :wink: :lol:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...