Marquette Rail Sixth Annual Santa Express! 2011

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
J T
Hates Supper

Re: Marquette Rail Sixth Annual Santa Express! 2011

Unread post by J T »

MQT3001 wrote:I was a little suprised at the ## of railfans there too chasing it.
Seemed to be fewer this year than in years past, actually...but then again, you have nothing really to go by unless you've been out there every year since 2006.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

J T wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:I was a little suprised at the ## of railfans there too chasing it.
Seemed to be fewer this year than in years past, actually...but then again, you have nothing really to go by unless you've been out there every year since 2006.
Still a surpising but--looking back at M-37 from the bank near the elevator, it appeared as though there were at least 20 railfans there. there was also a sizable group behind (sorry) me.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

MQT3001 wrote: Still a surpising but--looking back at M-37 from the bank near the elevator, it appeared as though there were at least 20 railfans there. there was also a sizable group behind (sorry) me.
There were many more in years past. I think the novelty for this train has worn off for many railfans. I'll continue to get pics every year when I can, though. Still many spots along the line where I want shots.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

I'd still be chasing if it weren't for the little guy that I bring with...ohs well, maybe in a couple years he'll ride along for the chase :)
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com