IBCX 616

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Indiana.
A No.1
To Portland

IBCX 616

Unread post by A No.1 »

Anyone have any info on the normal operating territory of the EX DMIR / EX EJE / NOW IBCX 616 :?:

This has suddenly become my next goal for a nice photograph.

I need a good strategy to catch her.

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/locoPi ... ?id=145576

I know all the photos are in Homewood. I am hopeing that she ranges out and about at times. Not sure if there is some schedule they run on.
Mark it Zero.

A No.1
To Portland

Re: IBCX 616

Unread post by A No.1 »

I put this in the Indiana section becaue its the Indiana Boxcar Company. What the heck is the Chesapeake & Indiana Railroad anyway. Is this some Fake Museum railroad or something?
Mark it Zero.

Mr. Tops
Ferroequinologist

Unread post by Mr. Tops »

SGT. S wrote:I put this in the Indiana section becaue its the Indiana Boxcar Company. What the heck is the Chesapeake & Indiana Railroad anyway. Is this some Fake Museum railroad or something?
Chesapeake & Indiana is the line that now operates the former PM (later CSX) line from CSX at Wellsboro, IN down to LaCrosse, North Judson and Malden, IN on 33 miles of track. Main business is grain. Real railroad. They've got a little fleet of 1st generation diesels on lease from IBCX.

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

Sgt. S, you pass by the Chesapeake & Indiana all the time at Wellsboro. It's the track that curves off to the south off of CSX just east of the diamonds. I've yet to see 616, but I found ex EJ&E 804 and ex EJ&E 818 parked in Wellsboro this past summer.

They also have an ex WSOR GP20 and a former Conrail SW7

A GP10

And everyone's favorite, the Chessie SD18.

"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

A No.1
To Portland

Unread post by A No.1 »

I do see that line at Wellsboro at least a few times a week. I was wondering what it was, Thank you John. Now I just need to figure out a schedule. Then some time off. LoL, Like that will happen.
Mark it Zero.

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

No schedule. Its only trafic is the elevators on line. Only runs when there is a grain train.
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

A No.1
To Portland

Unread post by A No.1 »

Mr. Tops wrote:
SGT. S wrote:I put this in the Indiana section becaue its the Indiana Boxcar Company. What the heck is the Chesapeake & Indiana Railroad anyway. Is this some Fake Museum railroad or something?
Chesapeake & Indiana is the line that now operates the former PM (later CSX) line from CSX at Wellsboro, IN down to LaCrosse, North Judson and Malden, IN on 33 miles of track. Main business is grain. Real railroad. They've got a little fleet of 1st generation diesels on lease from IBCX.
I've been trying to call you!
Mark it Zero.

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

They were also using a former CN GP9RM from IBCX, IBCX 7042 on the NKP 765 trips in June, as well as the J unit. I would like to explore this line some more and see that Chessie SD18, as well as the DMIR and J unit.

berkmeister
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by berkmeister »

The section of line from North Judson to Malden was the old Chesapeake and Ohio Chicago Division, via Lacrosse. At Lacrosse, the former Pere Marquette Lacrosse Sub-Division, later C&O, begins its route to originally New Buffalo, MI., now truncated down to Wellsboro. A comment about that SD-18: looks like that poor teddy bear got snatched up by the Chessie Cat!!!! :lol: berkmeister

EJ&ESDM809
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by EJ&ESDM809 »

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65737096@N00/5944534183/

The 616, along with three of the SDMs, is down in Danville, IL on the Vermillion Valley railroad, which along with the CKIN is owned by IBCX.
Robby Gragg - Proud fan of the EJ&E Railway