Holland-Ottawa Beach Spur to TLC

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
C&O6088
Railroadfan...fan

Holland-Ottawa Beach Spur to TLC

Unread post by C&O6088 »

I noticed 4 boxcars that go to TLC sitting on Spur just east of Aniline and Ottawa Beach Road in Holland. Not normally where they are spotted. Then I saw ties across tracks by TLC and work being done on the tracks by the warehouse. I'm thinking a rail broke when backing/pulling cars out and the local pulled the cars back onto the main spur to get fixed. Anyone have any more info to shed light on this?

Thanks,
C&O

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Re: Holland-Ottawa Beach Spur to TLC

Unread post by AARR »

A little while back there was a pissing contest between CSX and TLC so CSX would not deliver their cars. It does not sound like what you saw is related but Im passing it along as a possibility.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

I'll try to check into it on Monday and see what I can find out. Facility manager should know :)
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

C&O6088 wrote:I noticed 4 boxcars that go to TLC sitting on Spur just east of Aniline and Ottawa Beach Road in Holland. Not normally where they are spotted.
Did it look something like this, but with another box in place of the loco?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

C&O6088
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by C&O6088 »

J T wrote:
C&O6088 wrote:I noticed 4 boxcars that go to TLC sitting on Spur just east of Aniline and Ottawa Beach Road in Holland. Not normally where they are spotted.
Did it look something like this, but with another box in place of the loco?

Hey JT,

The Box Cars are actually right behind Captain Sundae on the "curve".....not at the end of the stub where your pic shows. They're still there as is the work being done by TLC on the rails. Maybe someone with a good camera could get some pics to post. I don't have good equipment :)

C&O

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Bob, are you ever going to answer those two PMs I sent back in July 2007? They are still in my unread sent box. :lol:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Appears the standards of the spur were below CSX's standards and they needed to be upgraded before CSX would deliver. I believe work has been completed and cars should be getting delivered. Said there's something like 9 cars out in the system somewhere enroute to be delivered, four of them in Holland already.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

~Z~ wrote:Appears the standards of the spur were below CSX's standards and they needed to be upgraded before CSX would deliver. I believe work has been completed and cars should be getting delivered. Said there's something like 9 cars out in the system somewhere enroute to be delivered, four of them in Holland already.
CSX will try to find another reason they cant deliver the cars :roll:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...