Hillarious Video of Metra Scaring Teenagers

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
DelayInBlock
Railroadfan...fan

Hillarious Video of Metra Scaring Teenagers

Unread post by DelayInBlock »

SO FUNNY:

Delay In Block Productions: "Railroading a Little Different than Usual."

Visit my YouTube Channel and Subscribe: http://www.YouTube.com/user/DelayInBlock
Like My Page on Facebook: http://www.Facebook.com/DelayInBlockProductions

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Re: Hillarious Video of Metra Scaring Teenagers

Unread post by AARR »

I'll bet the engineer had a good laugh over that one :lol:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

AARR wrote:I'll bet the engineer had a good laugh over that one :lol:
Look...it's a train.....WAIT....OMG OMG BIG TRAIN!!! AHHHHHH!!!! OMG!!! GOTTA UPDATE MY FACEBOOK STATUS!
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Must be a "quiet zone", if the train had blown the horn for the crossing they would not have been surprised like that. The crossing should have been sufficient warning.....
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Unread post by CSX_CO »

At least they are a bit further back from the 'yellow line' than the video-grapher.

Practice Safe CSX

GTW6401
how bout no

Unread post by GTW6401 »

I was thinking the same thing. The engineer hit the horn for the dude with the video camera not the people walking.

DelayInBlock
Railroadfan...fan

I was in Hinsdale yesterday:

Visit my YouTube Channel and Subscribe: http://www.YouTube.com/user/DelayInBlock

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

GTW6401 wrote:I was thinking the same thing. The engineer hit the horn for the dude with the video camera not the people walking.
Even though you were behind the yellow line, zoom wide and get back....you never know what might be headed for you, such as loose straps or even steel beams :shock:

esprrfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by esprrfan »

MQT3001 wrote:
GTW6401 wrote:I was thinking the same thing. The engineer hit the horn for the dude with the video camera not the people walking.
Even though you were behind the yellow line, zoom wide and get back....you never know what might be headed for you, such as loose straps or even steel beams :shock:
Remember 99% of the crap you see trackside came off a train at track speed. Personally I'd of tried to blow his (camera operators) ears out no reason in hell to be that close. In the cab he's not telling you to have a nice day.

penn central
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by penn central »

I kinda wonder if this is the reason they removed the platform in Fostoria i remember seeing people getting really close to the train i could imagine some of the CSX crews getting nervous. Speaking of that i haven't been to Fostoria since they did that it's going to look different, And the new signals south of Columbus Ave.

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

CSX_CO wrote:At least they are a bit further back from the 'yellow line' than the video-grapher.

Practice Safe CSX
Where do you figure. The one chick had her foot on and even over the yellow line most of the time she was walking. Looking at the camera angle when he was zoomed all the way out, at most he was around the same area or back farther, as the camera was clearly behind the yellow line.
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Unread post by CSX_CO »

sd70accsxt700 wrote:
CSX_CO wrote:At least they are a bit further back from the 'yellow line' than the video-grapher.

Practice Safe CSX
Where do you figure. The one chick had her foot on and even over the yellow line most of the time she was walking. Looking at the camera angle when he was zoomed all the way out, at most he was around the same area or back farther, as the camera was clearly behind the yellow line.
Alright, at least they have enough sense that when the train blows by them, they 'step back'. Perhaps it was from being startled, but they don't 'stand there' like the guy shooting the video. He's close enough that you can see the 'debris' that is caught in the trains wash coming past the camera. As a railroader you know you shouldn't be that close to a train, and should know that as a railfan too. Good way to lose a camera and tripod being that close, even if you aren't standing there with it.

Practice Safe CSX

DelayInBlock
Railroadfan...fan

Practice Safe CSX
Thanks for the great safety lesson everyone. Too bad you aren't telling this to the guy who actually filmed this. That isn't even my video, hypocrites. I just posted it because I thought it was funny.

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Unread post by CSX_CO »

tlapteditor wrote:

Practice Safe CSX
Thanks for the great safety lesson everyone. Too bad you aren't telling this to the guy who actually filmed this. That isn't even my video, hypocrites. I just posted it because I thought it was funny.
Until MQT posted, no one even implied you were the one taking the video. Again, explain how giving 'safety pointers' makes me, or anyone else, a hypocrite?

Practice Safe CSX

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

CSX_CO wrote:
tlapteditor wrote:

Practice Safe CSX
Until MQT posted, no one even implied you were the one taking the video. Again, explain how giving 'safety pointers' makes me, or anyone else, a hypocrite?

Practice Safe CSX
I seriously thought it was him taking the video....I had assumed it because he was releasing videos FROM THE SAME LOCATION AT THE SAME ANGLE right around the same time:

Misunderstanding, sorry :oops:

I'll be certain to check who made the video next time, although, if it's not yours, and it could reasonably be ASSumed that it is yours, mention that it is indeed not your video.

dmitzel
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by dmitzel »

It's a good idea for safety's sake to remind everyone about loose and dragging equipment risk. Ego's aside, the yellow line is there to show the normal safe distance. I still wouldn't get as close as those kids nor the videographer, as you never know what can get kicked up or be hanging off a moving train. It just isn't worth the risk - if you're wrong, you're dead.

I was in Durand years ago watching trains when a fast Flint Sub eastbound began to pound the diamonds on the track closest to the depot. It was kicking up dust so I turned my back and started to move closer to the building. Good thing I did, as several seconds later I was startled by a "whistling" noise approaching. Steel straps from a lumber car were loose, and flailing about as the car passed. Could have easily cut a person in two had someone been too close.

Best advice I've heard from a railroader - if the train's going on the ground, start running and keep running until the noise stops. :shock: I suppose if there's HazMat involved, preferably upwind.
D.M. Mitzel
Div. 8-NCR-NMRA
Oxford, Mich.

DelayInBlock
Railroadfan...fan

Not mad at you MQT.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

dmitzel wrote:It's a good idea for safety's sake to remind everyone about loose and dragging equipment risk.
I always get really concerned about that when I see people standing on a street corner with trucks speeding by, too.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

MagnumForce
Angry Man

Unread post by MagnumForce »

+1 Jim