My version of Penn Central

Sub forum for Paper Railroads
conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Re: My version of Penn Central

Unread post by conrailman75 »

DT&I wrote:Your TSCR SD60M's are in Chicago currently in our yard there.
Thanks, I'll send the transfer train over to pick them up.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

MQT3001 wrote:MQT 3002 is bringing 76 cars into Hugart currently. All loads :shock:
Wow, I guess the yardmaster at Hughart has his work cut out for him tonight :wink: Depending on where they go, I might have to run some extra sections of the trains out of Grand Rapids for once, that'll help keep the 2nd and 3rd shift train dispatchers on their toes as well.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

conrailman75 wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:MQT 3002 is bringing 76 cars into Hugart currently. All loads :shock:
Wow, I guess the yardmaster at Hughart has his work cut out for him tonight :wink: Depending on where they go, I might have to run some extra sections of the trains out of Grand Rapids for once, that'll help keep the 2nd and 3rd shift train dispatchers on their toes as well.
5 of them are 300-ton generators for Three Rivers too :lol:

have fun, they are 15x15x50ft each. :lol:
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

We ran the transformer loads out last night on a special high wide train, Dimension 501, pulled by PC 3043. They were delivered to the TSCR's Botsford yard in Kalamazoo for delivery to Three Rivers, so now they are DT&I's problem :)
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

conrailman75 wrote:We ran the transformer loads out last night on a special high wide train, Dimension 501, pulled by PC 3043. They were delivered to the TSCR's Botsford yard in Kalamazoo for delivery to Three Rivers, so now they are DT&I's problem :)
Darn it, well good thing Sunday isn't too busy on this line so it will be a special movement K234-39 and will be called at 14:30 EDT.
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

The new Eastern Branch operating plan:

Scheduled trains on the branch are:
TV11/TV12(second class intermodal)
JATO/TOJA(Toledo to Jackson, MI)
CHTO/TOCH(Toledo to Chicago)
FWTO/TOFW(Toledo to Ft. Wayne)
GRTO/TOGR(Toledo to Grand Rapids)
PITO/TOPI(Toledo to Pittsburgh)
CITO/TOCI(Cincinnati to Toledo)
INTO/TOIN(Toledo to Indianapolis)
INTO-X/TOIN-X(extra Toledo to Indianapolis train)

Due to the new agreement with the TSCR, the following trains will use Stanley yard instead of Lime City:
PITO/TOPI
INTO-X/TOIN-X

Station List for the Eastern Branch
Forest(Ft. Wayne line) MP 62.2
Wharton MP 57.3
Carey MP 49.7
CP Carey(CSX-WE diamond) MP 48.5
Adrian MP 45.3
Berwick MP 42.3
(all mileage measured from Sandusky, OH)

(all mileposts from here on are measured from Toledo, OH)
Berwick MP 46.2
New Riegel MP 44.2
Landgraf MP 39.8
F Tower(CSX-NS diamond) MP 35.9
Fostoria MP 35.4
Wayne MP 24.7
Pemberville(TSCR diamond) MP 17.3
Luckey MP 14.3
Stony Ridge MP 9.9
CP SO MP 7.7
Lime City MP 5.7
Stanley Connecting Track
CP SO MP 7.7
Stanley MP 4.0(Stanley Yard)

Isolated CTC islands located at:
Carey
Fostoria
Pemberville
CP SO

Dispatched by Timetable and Train Order rules, train order offices located at the following:
Forest
Carey
Berwick
Landgraf
Fostoria
Luckey
CP SO

Yard Limit rules in effect on the following:
CP SO to Lime City
Stanley to CP SO

Passing sidings located at:
Luckey
Landgraf
Carey
Forest(located on Ft. Wayne mainline)
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Eastern Branch UPDATE: The track crews, along with a crew from the TSCR, installed the diamond at Pemberville today to finally complete the rebuild the of the Eastern Branch. This project has taken a few months to complete, but now that it is, PC finally has its own route into Toledo once more. Management is please that it was completed ahead of schedule and will now be sending those crews down to Columbus to start helping with the triple tracking project on the Columbus to Pittsburgh mainline that PC shares with the TSCR.

Service will begin on this line at 12:01am Thursday morning as track inspectors need a couple days to hi-rail the line and check for any missed defects or any other things that could have been missed during the construction process. Once service begins, 9 pairs of trains will travel up and down the line initially although once things settle down a few more trains could be added depending on business needs and conditions.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

legostudios34
The Lego Railfan

Unread post by legostudios34 »

All 4 of your 45CWs are ready, painted, and awaiting pickup at the HPLB High Point Shops.
Baxter Barnes. 21. Alabama.
Meow. Now you know how to speak cat. -Flickr

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

legostudios34 wrote:All 4 of your 45CWs are ready, painted, and awaiting pickup at the HPLB High Point Shops.
Awesome, we look forward to receiving them when NS delivers them to Cincinnati in a few days.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

legostudios34
The Lego Railfan

We got them sent to Chattanooga for NS to put on a train to Cincinatti.

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

The brand new HPLB 45CWAC's and 45CWDC's we ordered are scheduled to arrive at Cincinnati this afternoon according to the NS trace we did this morning to check on their movements. They will be used all over the system in all types of uses(unit trains, general freights, and intermodals).
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

The Eastern Branch is officially open!!! :D After a days delay due to some signalling issues that cropped up during the inspection process, the line officially opened for business at 12:01am this morning. The first southbound was TOPI-7, which departed Toledo at 6:25am this morning. It met the first northbound on the line, which also became the very first revenue train to travel on the brand new Eastern Branch, GRTO-7 at Luckey, OH. GRTO-7 pulled onto the branch at Forest at 5:37am. Sometime in the next couple weeks, the PC OCS train is going to travel from Ft. Wayne to Toledo via the new Eastern Branch so that the CEO and other executives can get a first hand look at the line from track level.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

PC's radio tower in Dayton, which was toppled in last month's storm, was finally replaced yesterday as well. It was supposed to have been done the previous weekend, but the supplier had some issues getting it over here, which delayed the installation for a few days. PC is extremely happy to report that with the replacing of this radio tower all of the damage from last months storms is now totally fixed :D
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

legostudios34
The Lego Railfan

Did your 45CWs arrive alright?

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

legostudios34 wrote:Did your 45CWs arrive alright?
Yes they did, so far everything is running smoothly on their initial break in runs this weekend.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

Do you have a map of all your tracks in Ohio?

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

I don't have a special map per se showing my routes, I only have the official maps from the real PC that were included in my ETT's and the 1970 system map I own. I could supply you the start and end points of all my lines in Ohio and you could hand draw some out of scale map thing showing them all, but I don't have anything I can post on here right now.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

conrailman75 wrote:I don't have a special map per se showing my routes, I only have the official maps from the real PC that were included in my ETT's and the 1970 system map I own. I could supply you the start and end points of all my lines in Ohio and you could hand draw some out of scale map thing showing them all, but I don't have anything I can post on here right now.
Okay becuase I think there are enough paper railroads in Ohio now its time for a map.

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

The wreck train, WOR-501, departed Ft. Wayne at 2:00 today with PC 7075 and 7098(GP9's) for power to head up the GR&I Branch to Wolcottville to assist the WSCR with the derailment across their diamond with us last night that has the GR&I Branch blocked and out of service. A small group from the track laying gang is being bussed up there and a set of replacement diamonds is coming behind them on RAIL-501, which is being pulled by PC 3122 and 3144(GP35E's). All regular freights are being held on the GR&I until clean up is over with and the intermodal trains are detouring via different routings to Ft. Wayne(the train out of Grand Rapids is using the Grand Rapids Branch to Jackson and down the Northern Branch to Van Wert and then over to Ft. Wayne, the train out of Jackson is using the Northern Branch to Van Wert and then to Ft. Wayne routing, and the train out of Kalamazoo is running down the GR&I to Wasepi, across the Jackson Branch to Jackson and then down the Northern Branch and over to Ft. Wayne). PC is also not accepting any UWC coal trains from CN until the derailment is cleaned up, so any trains CN has for us are being held on their side in Chicago until further notice.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

PC has decided to start detouring its regular freight trains on the GR&I Branch today since the derailment at Wolcottville isn't cleaned up yet. So trains in Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo will head out of Grand Rapids down the Grand Rapids Branch where they will either take the Northern Branch or the Waterloo Branch, depending on their final destination and if they have work at Ft. Wayne or not. Trains south of Wolcottville will run around their trains and come back to Ft. Wayne and then be routed to either the Waterloo or Northern Branches depending on final destination. The UWC coal trains are still being held in Chicago and will not run until the wreck site is cleaned up.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH