New Business for Grand Elk in Three Rivers

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
Brakey
Railroadfan...fan

Re: New Business for Grand Elk in Three Rivers

Unread post by Brakey »

Standard Railfan wrote:Take a look at the line and then ask yourself the same question. :lol:

Nice looking monkey wrench.

I've actually seen it quite a lot 8)

conrail7695
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by conrail7695 »

Great to know there will be increesed traffic on the Kalamazoo branch " pipe line and now grain complex"...that would explane a lot of m.o.w. work this past summer..there were a lot of rr crossing south of the Three rivers era that got replaces and new ties and the new ballast that started in turkey day 2011..yes grand elk was working laying ballast on a hoilday..and there was a "FRA INSPECTION CAR" that ran threw a few weeks ago testing all of these inprovments..I will post pics but I have some posted all ready in my yahoo group listed in my profile.
Last edited by conrail7695 on Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
THANKS M. SHIREY

conrail7695
Railroadfan...fan

This pic u see is Grand Elk 700# pulling the "FRA TRAIN" past my house in Three rivers at m.p. 28.41 "State st"..and the chase is on to catch up with her.. I have many more pics to follow in on my YAHOO page all the way to elkhart yard ..enjoy...! http://groups.yahoo.com/group/KALAMAZOO ... 20&dir=asc
THANKS M. SHIREY

Brakey
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Brakey »

conrail7695 wrote:This pic u see is Grand Elk 700# pulling the "FRA TRAIN" past my house in Three rivers at m.p. 28.41 "State st"..and the chase is on to catch up with her.. I have many more pics to follow in on my YAHOO page all the way to elkhart yard ..enjoy...! http://groups.yahoo.com/group/KALAMAZOO ... 20&dir=asc
I was the hogger on that FRA train from GR to Elkhart :P

conrail7695
Railroadfan...fan

What do u mean by Hogger???....
Brakey wrote:
conrail7695 wrote:This pic u see is Grand Elk 700# pulling the "FRA TRAIN" past my house in Three rivers at m.p. 28.41 "State st"..and the chase is on to catch up with her.. I have many more pics to follow in on my YAHOO page all the way to elkhart yard ..enjoy...! http://groups.yahoo.com/group/KALAMAZOO ... 20&dir=asc
I was the hogger on that FRA train from GR to Elkhart :P
THANKS M. SHIREY

Brakey
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Brakey »

Engineer

conrail7695
Railroadfan...fan

WORK TRAINS STARTED LAYING BALLAST ON TURKEY DAY 2011..THEY STORED BALLAST CARS NORTH OF THE COWLING SIDING AND BROUGHT THEM SOUTH ON THE HOLIDAY AND BEEN BESY EVER SINCE REPLACING CROSSINGS, NEW POWER LINE POLES,HOLLAND RAIL TRUCK DOING TESTING AND THEN AN "FRA" INSPECTION TRAIN COME BY..I ADD A PIC OF IT...HOPE THIS HELP UR UP DATE.. :)
Super Chief wrote:My statement about the derailments was in reference to GDLK has not started their tie replacment program south of Kalamazoo as far as I know. The ADM news would just put more priority to getting it done. They did start work north of Kalamazoo. They did replace 1000 ties in TR after a wheel bearing burned off a tank car and destroyed the infastructure till they stopped. Nine tank cars went off in Kalamazoo recently and last year south of TR about 20 cars went off for reasons I personally don't know. Have not seen any work trains this summer so far. The Hot Box detector at MP 25.6 has been off more than on for most of the year. Don't know why that is.
THANKS M. SHIREY

bctrainfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bctrainfan »

Hogger?

Brakey, I thought it meant you really eat a lot! :lol: