Circus Train coming!!!

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
Super Chief
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Circus Train coming!!!

Unread post by Super Chief »

Thank you for your service Mike. Please accept my apology and I will be glad to come see your layout anytime. As a Vietnam vet I know people sometimes don't mean what they say once they understand the circumstances.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

conrail7695 wrote:Sorry guys but my "caps botton" does not work some time...thanks for throughs of u that understand... :D and one more thing ,I try to spell the best I can with what I have left. Just to understand I took two blows to my head and has rattled me A bit wile serving in Iraq. Hard to do basic tasks and use my memroy....mike
Didn't know YOU were Mike. I thought you had copied and pasted that from a foamer board. Thank you for your service and sacrifice.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

conrail7695
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by conrail7695 »

UR welcomed guys...just throught I would put that out there,not asking for anything special ..But j.t. what foamer board are u talking about...I olny have this page and train orders.com..but I dont share between the two unless it a message I wright..NO copying and pasting here...MIKE 8)
THANKS M. SHIREY

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Train orders. :wink:
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

Brakey
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Brakey »

Silly foamers :twisted: :mrgreen: :P

conrail7695
Railroadfan...fan

silly foamers.huu???..have u heard any more on were ur meeting the train at and time???
Brakey wrote:Silly foamers :twisted: :mrgreen: :P
THANKS M. SHIREY

Brakey
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Brakey »

conrail7695 wrote:silly foamers.huu???..have u heard any more on were ur meeting the train at and time???
Brakey wrote:Silly foamers :twisted: :mrgreen: :P
Just we will be getting on in Elkhart, not sure what time or day yet.

conrail7695
Railroadfan...fan

SEPTEMBER 17/18 RED UNIT TRAIN-RUN from Kansas City MO to Grand Rapids MI. Arrival expected either overnight Sept. 18 or early on Sept. 19. A posting member of Trainorders.com, on their Eastern discussion board several days ago+, asked confirmation for this notion: "...that [the Red Unit] will be leaving Kansas City "under NS power" next Monday morning, 17 Sept. 2012, [to head] across the Ill. division of Illinois and Indiana, being re-crewed in Peru, Indiana and heading up the Marion branch from there to Elkhart [where they will] switch [around] the flat cars... and Grand Elk RR is [to pick them] up to go north on [the] "Kalamazoo Branch" to Grand Rapids..."

2011 Red Unit Circus Train:
---59 Cars (38 conventional passenger-type cars; 21 TTX-[type] piggyback flats)
---4,290 Tons (when fully loaded)
---5,235 Feet (WITHOUT host RR's power attached; 1 mile = 5,280 feet)

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/r ... ?2,2872512
THANKS M. SHIREY

conrail7695
Railroadfan...fan

THE NEWEST UPDATED INFORMATION

RBBB Red Unit: Kansas City, MO to Grand Rapids, MI - Starting 09/17/12
RED CONSIST: 59 Cars = 4 Stocks, 34 Coaches, 2 COFC, 19 Flats. (Total 252 axles less power)

REMINDER: RBBB Rail Transportation Routings (RTR’s) and Times are made in advance and Subject to Change (STC) without notice as the host railroad(s) require. Routings and Times are unpredictable, a lot can change during departure, although the CT’s are to run ahead of schedule if the host RR’s can accommodate. Crew Changes, Service Stops and Consist Rearrangement can occur anywhere or anytime along the route at the discretion of the operating/transportation officials.

From the “Ringling Site”: Last Show in Kansas City, 05:00 PM CDT, Sunday, 09/16/12.

From “The Network”, “Tower 48” and “The Traveling Archives”:
TO.COM Reference for Kansas City Data: http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/r ... ?2,2867991

BNSF will be responsible for the assembly of the consist with a handoff, upon completion, to NS (Norfolk Southern RR.)
RUCTID for NS “possible” RUCTID of “047 or “048”.
Incoming data and information being received from “Tower 48”, “The Network’s Projected Routing” to Grand Rapids, MI (as of this Post Time):
MO: Depart NS Terminal Kansas City, Monday morning (09/17/12), Carrollton, Moberly, Hannibal.
IL: Hadley, Springfield, Decatur, Tolono, Chicago.

NOTE: “Tower 48’s” current intel indicates that NS may exercise its CN track rights and move the RUCT to Chicago then on to Elkhart where the RUCT will be reassembled for movement to Grand Rapids, MI via GDLK. Reminder, these routings are always subject to change. Field Reports Needed.

IN: Elkhart with NS handoff to the GDLK (Grand Elk Railroad)
MI: (GDLK) White Pigeon, Schoolcraft, Kalamazoo, with arrival scheduled for Tuesday afternoon (if all goes well) in Grand Rapids, MI. GDLK will use the Hughart Yard, along Hynes Avenue, which they now operate to tie-down the CT.

From “The Traveling Archives 2011”: Equipment and Wagons were offloaded from the CT at Hughart Yard, Grand Rapids, MI, across (east) from the Turntable. The track is bordered by trees and shrubs and west of Smith Instrument. Tracks parallel Steele Avenue SW. Elephant walk was from the track Crossings at Graham St. (SW) street extension left on to Ionia Avenue (SW) then left on to Oakes St. (SW) into the Van Andel Arena parking lot.

NOTE: The Grand Elk Railroad (GDLK, Class III RR) operates in the states of Indiana and Michigan. The company leases 123 miles of trackage from the NS running south from Grand Rapids thru Kalamazoo, Michigan to Elkhart, IN. The trackage they lease was the former Grand Rapids and Indiana Railroad mainline. GDLK began operation 08 March 2009.
conrail7695 wrote:SEPTEMBER 17/18 RED UNIT TRAIN-RUN from Kansas City MO to Grand Rapids MI. Arrival expected either overnight Sept. 18 or early on Sept. 19. A posting member of Trainorders.com, on their Eastern discussion board several days ago+, asked confirmation for this notion: "...that [the Red Unit] will be leaving Kansas City "under NS power" next Monday morning, 17 Sept. 2012, [to head] across the Ill. division of Illinois and Indiana, being re-crewed in Peru, Indiana and heading up the Marion branch from there to Elkhart [where they will] switch [around] the flat cars... and Grand Elk RR is [to pick them] up to go north on [the] "Kalamazoo Branch" to Grand Rapids..."

2011 Red Unit Circus Train:
---59 Cars (38 conventional passenger-type cars; 21 TTX-[type] piggyback flats)
---4,290 Tons (when fully loaded)
---5,235 Feet (WITHOUT host RR's power attached; 1 mile = 5,280 feet)

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/r ... ?2,2872512
THANKS M. SHIREY

conrail7695
Railroadfan...fan

For throughs of u that are watching or looking for the red train comming threw Indiana to Elkhart yard the train is comming up the CN out of Tolono,IL.and was last reported in Paxton,IL.at 21:58..witch means they should be comming into Chicago over night and east to the west end of Elkhart yard waiting for the Grand elk to pic her up and go north to GR.. BE ON THE LOOK OUT FOR BNSF POWER ON THE POINT TWO GEVOS....BNSF 6842 and BNSF 7468 .
THANKS M. SHIREY

conrail7695
Railroadfan...fan

circus train 048n is now n elkhart yard waiting to see her come threw 421 and up kalamazoo branch.
THANKS M. SHIREY

trnwatcher
My name ain't Steven

Unread post by trnwatcher »

conrail7695 wrote:circus train 048n is now n elkhart yard waiting to see her come threw 421 and up kalamazoo branch.
Thanks for the update Mike. We'll all be watching the boards for further info.
Steven F. Shick
http://www.youtube.com/user/trnwatcher
http://www.trnwatcher.net

I.T. guy/Railfan
"The true railfan has two favorite railroads....the Baltimore & Ohio and another one." - Charles S. Roberts

conrail7695
Railroadfan...fan

circus train is sitting at m.t.423. was just told by contact that grand elk will be picking it up in about a half an hr. i see the train at 423 from where im standing at 421. looks like their starting to creep their way towards kalamazoo branch.
THANKS M. SHIREY

conrail7695
Railroadfan...fan

grand elk rr #700 (circus red train) is headed up kzoo branch passing m.p.2.
THANKS M. SHIREY

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

conrail7695 wrote:grand elk rr #700 (circus red train) is headed up kzoo branch passing m.p.2.
Is that just out of Elkhart?

steinerman
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by steinerman »

RBBB Red Unit arrived in Elkhart Ind at 6:27 AM this morning. Currently scheduled to arrive in Grand Rapids at approx 3 PM local time.

BIG AMISH
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by BIG AMISH »

At Bristol 11:45 am

conrail7695
Railroadfan...fan

just cleared c.p. park at m.p. 33..heading north fast!!!
THANKS M. SHIREY

conrail7695
Railroadfan...fan

grand elk 700 north "red circus train" clear schoolcraft. mi. m.p. 41.0...north
THANKS M. SHIREY

trnwatcher
My name ain't Steven

Unread post by trnwatcher »

13:25 HEARD BO TOWER TALKING TO CIRCUS TRAIN. HAD THEM LINED UP FOR GR GAVE THEM PERMISSION THROUGH HIS LIMITS.
Steven F. Shick
http://www.youtube.com/user/trnwatcher
http://www.trnwatcher.net

I.T. guy/Railfan
"The true railfan has two favorite railroads....the Baltimore & Ohio and another one." - Charles S. Roberts