GLLX 4? LSRC 469?

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

GLLX 4? LSRC 469?

Unread post by Saturnalia »

What is the current status of these two? Last I heard LSRC 469 was sitting dead in Saginaw either awaiting the gas wrench or maybe a trip to a museum. GLLX 4 all I've got is that it was stored in Manistee......
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

Evan
Durand's Gingerbread Kid

Re: GLLX 4? LSRC 469?

Unread post by Evan »

469 is owned by a private owner. I think it was on lease to LSRC.

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

Evan wrote:469 is owned by a private owner. I think it was on lease to LSRC.
No, now it's owned by Waymore Power, who bought it from LSRC. 469 is one of the original RS2's the D&M bought way back in 1946, IIRC it was the first RS2 or one of the first built by Alco.

As for GLLX #4, I had heard they got it running a while ago and used it around Manistee a couple of times but I don't know if it actually happened or not. Perhaps the GLLXGodfather could shed some light on it.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

MP73point4
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MP73point4 »

SD80MAC wrote:
Evan wrote:469 is owned by a private owner. I think it was on lease to LSRC.
No, now it's owned by Waymore Power, who bought it from LSRC. 469 is one of the original RS2's the D&M bought way back in 1946, IIRC it was the first RS2 or one of the first built by Alco.
469 was not the first RS2, D&M 466 was, built November of 1946. 466 was scrapped in White Pigeon on the Michigan Southern last December. Photo is from a day or two before she was cut up. You can see MSO #66 already in pieces in the background. The sparks were flying on ex-D&M 977 as the photo was taken.
469 is the last remaining ex-D&M RS2 and the oldest remaining RS2 in the country.
RR Pass Collector

MNE Mec
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MNE Mec »

The GLLX 4 is a work in progress. Its getting there but i need way more free time than i have right now to get it finished up. I think it would make a good retirement project.

Jumpin
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Jumpin »

Good Day Rail Fans. I work for Waymore Power Co. we own the 469.
We have held out on scrapping it, but the time grows near that it may be scrapped too. With the state of the economy we are looking to try and find it a home, rather than scrap it.

At this moment I am getting quotes of it’s worth in scrap. We will not part it out, we prefer a complete sale!
Any that are interested you may email me at alcoinfo@waymorepower.com http://www.waymorepower.com
Best Regards
John Lynch
Waymore Power Co. Inc.
http://www.waymorepower.com