IORY North End

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
StupidFlee​t
Chinese Foooood

Re: IORY North End

Unread post by StupidFlee​t »

alittlevanwerty wrote:Not sure but just heard them get track warrant from XN to mp77. Heard the IORY engineer call the conductor about air problem, called train Z785.
Train had the NREX 5678 and the 4070.

DT&I Jct is on the north side of Lima where the I&O gets on CSX. XN Tower is on the south side of Leipsic (21 miles north of DT&I) where the I&O splits off. It's been covered somewhere else on here but basically until 1966 the DT&I had basically parallel trackage to the B&O. The Ottawa loop is all that is left of that.

MP 77 is the south yard limit Delta.

XN to 77 is a common track warrant for trains to Delta (and 77 to XN for the other way) FWIW Hamler diamond is at about 96.7.
Flickr

(23:10:05) MagnumForce: All precautions were taken

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by heartlandguy »

IORY ran a quick turn north to Delta again today. IORY 4070/NREX 5678 for power and a decent sized train (CN/TTX boxcars, few empty centerbeams, some pig iron gondolas, 2-3 coil cars, covered hoppers, and a handful of tankcars in the mix as well), stretching from Bible Road all the way to the south end of the yard, just barely off the Sugar St. crossing near the yard office. Crew got on at around 9:40amEDT and headed north...

Made a quick turn in Delta, and was back in Ford Park yard by 2:30pm. 5678 was at the south end of the yard by itself, working a cut of cars (more CN/TTX boxcars, pellet hoppers, NOKL coils, loaded centerbeams, etc) from Delta. On the north side, IORY 4084 was drilling some empty pig iron gons, working long-hood forward. 4070 was nowhere to be found, guessing it was left in Delta to take the place of the 4084.

CFE 3887 is still the power for the Lima local, and was sitting behind a couple cuts of IANR boxcars which remain in storage by the yard office...
"Alright, uh, get to a stop here and we'll order you a party bus for Lima" -12/30/16

"He ain't one of them terrorists, is he?" "Nah, just some paparazzi. We never get them out here!" -03/12/19

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

IORY LNL heading north on CSX as Z867, approaching S. Ottawa now (12:38pm). IORY 4084 on point with 3574ft of train behind according to the detector at 140.3
"Alright, uh, get to a stop here and we'll order you a party bus for Lima" -12/30/16

"He ain't one of them terrorists, is he?" "Nah, just some paparazzi. We never get them out here!" -03/12/19

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

heartlandguy wrote:IORY LNL heading north on CSX as Z867, approaching S. Ottawa now (12:38pm). IORY 4084 on point with 3574ft of train behind according to the detector at 140.3
Interesting time because IIRC LNL usually operates late at night or very early in the morning (long before sunrise) yet it seems they have been making a few day time runs lately.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

AARR wrote:
heartlandguy wrote:IORY LNL heading north on CSX as Z867, approaching S. Ottawa now (12:38pm). IORY 4084 on point with 3574ft of train behind according to the detector at 140.3
Interesting time because IIRC LNL usually operates late at night or very early in the morning (long before sunrise) yet it seems they have been making a few day time runs lately.
While it is an LNL run, it is not the LNL crew. Usually once a week, the Lima South crew makes an LNL turn. LSL goes on duty at 10:00 last I knew, so this makes sense.
Bottom text.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Y@ wrote:
AARR wrote:
While it is an LNL run, it is not the LNL crew. Usually once a week, the Lima South crew makes an LNL turn. LSL goes on duty at 10:00 last I knew, so this makes sense.
I knew you'd know what's going on 8) Would you happen to know why once a week they go north instead of south?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

Seems like it usually has to do with Northstar getting pig iron, although when I shot them a couple weeks back they had 80 cars coming back south, 25-30 of them being pig iron. So that isn't always the case...
Bottom text.

JoJames
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by JoJames »

Saw someone taking pictures at south end of Hamler siding this evening of the local heading south for Lima.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by midland sub »

I believe they changed a few things with the last crew bids. Can't confirm it but they believe they dropped the Monday LSL-WCH-B swap in Springfield on Mondays. There's a track project on the DT&I South from Jeff to South Chuck that might be the reason for it. The Springfield B dragged down a loaded grain train to Konrad last night and took the pig iron loads and other DT&I traffic with them.

Buster Manning
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Buster Manning »

Saw the southbound south of Diann this afternoon around 4p with a healthy sized train of 45 cars.

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by alittlevanwerty »

9500 head north out of Lima to pick a grain train from Hamler and spot it at Metamora.

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

I&O LNL southbound, past DT&I Junction and back onto the IORY main at around 2pm. One of the CF&E GPs, I think 3888, leading IORY 4070 and a moderate sized train, composed nearly all of coiled-steel loads (NOKL, IHB, CSX, & BNSF coil cars, plus NOKL gons with open coils), aside from a pair of covered hoppers up front and some pig iron empties on the rear.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

heartlandguy wrote:...composed nearly all of coiled-steel loads (NOKL, IHB, CSX, & BNSF coil cars, plus NOKL gons with open coils)...
Interesting that a block of coiled steel loads are going north. I've heard of a carload or two might go from Lima to Ottawa. Would anyone know why a block would go north? Maybe to the place (not North Star, the other place, ???County Steel) in Delta?

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Unread post by CSX_CO »

AARR wrote:
heartlandguy wrote:...composed nearly all of coiled-steel loads (NOKL, IHB, CSX, & BNSF coil cars, plus NOKL gons with open coils)...
Interesting that a block of coiled steel loads are going north. I've heard of a carload or two might go from Lima to Ottawa. Would anyone know why a block would go north? Maybe to the place (not North Star, the other place, ???County Steel) in Delta?
Storage maybe?

Practice Safe CSX

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

AARR wrote:Interesting that a block of coiled steel loads are going north. I've heard of a carload or two might go from Lima to Ottawa. Would anyone know why a block would go north? Maybe to the place (not North Star, the other place, ???County Steel) in Delta?
heartlandguy wrote:I&O LNL southbound
It was a southbound train, AARR. It did surprise me, though, that it had so many of them. There were probably about 20-25 cars of coils

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

Z867-21 just cleared North Ottawa northbound, I think the power is NREX 5678 not totally sure, probably the LNL.
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by midland sub »

The I&O/G&W has been looking into acquiring more coil cars for the steel traffic out of Delta as the rumor was it was supposed to be picking up. Last I heard they decided to hold off for the time being i.e. didn't want to spend the money on it.... I'll see if I can find out how many end up coming south of Lima today to the south end.

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by alittlevanwerty »

Here is the grain train I caught last week. I accidentally deleted all the shots from camera 1 so this is edited in a bit different than my normal style.

JoJames
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by JoJames »

alittlevanwerty wrote:Here is the grain train I caught last week. I accidentally deleted all the shots from camera 1 so this is edited in a bit different than my normal style.
I think I know where this is at.