Everything/Anything CF&E thread...Part 3

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Everything/Anything CF&E thread...Part 3

Unread post by alittlevanwerty »

Finally got last tueday's LIVW uploaded. So behind on them right now, still have other stuff fromn Tues yet to edit.

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

If your a fan of Leslie RS3L horns this is one to watch! This engineer really know how to make music out of it! This was the Sunday LIFW we chased from Lima back to Van Wert.

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bnsf8000 »

Nice job getting the vids on a Sunday LIFW! Always nice to hear the LIFW banging the old Cincinnati Northern diamond. I do love that horn! :D

PW

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

LIFW in Van Wert currently working CSP, couldn't see which locos but hopefully catch them after we get out of the Dr's office. They left their train on the main west of the diamond.

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

Scott, I think you mean LIVW. :lol: That's too easy to do. We knew what you meant. Just 1 loco MNAR 3898 came into town lite and went to CSP.

PW

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

3024 is on the rear of the train on the main. Will be working VW terminal which I'm going to video!

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

Cool! Only saw the 3898 heading out to CSP. that's at least twice the 3024 has been on the LIVW now. Glad to know it was on there. Thanks!

PW

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Here is a project I've been working on for a while, a CF&E locomotive roster video. The locomotive info comes from rrpicturearchives.net and the horn info from skyhawkACE123. Also the shot of 3024 is previously unreased as I filmed it yesterday while they were working Van Wert Terminal.

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

I got a heads up from CF&Eeast that a westbound grainer cleared Ada. Caught them at Layfayette Rd with a pair of CSX locos followed by 3883/3886. Finally brought 3883 back from its extended stay in Hamlet! Also Cole street still has the CSX power from Tuesdays grain train.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

alittlevanwerty wrote:Here is a project I've been working on for a while, a CF&E locomotive roster video.
I enjoyed watching your video, vanwerty! Thanks for the work you put into it and posting it for us :)
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Here is the LIFW I shot Tuesday.

I believe we have a new schedule to figure out... From what I've heard their jobs are re-bid every quarter and this week was the week anybody moved. Monday we had a grain train EB through VW after 11pm. Tuesday a returning to Lima LIFW came through town after 7pm. Yesterday the LIVW was in town when I got back at 7pm and left sometime after 8. Today I heard on the scanner the LIFW clearing their track warrant from Cole to Adams at about 10am. The Delphos run left Lima about noon and returned about 6 pm (3883/3886/3882). Also the LIFW made it back and tied down sometime between 4 and 6pm (3024/3898). Right now it looks like expect a middle of the day LIFW and the local job to follow out after it. It also looks like the LIFW will pass by the LIVW while its in Delphos or VW! Not sure if this is a transition or permanent. I believe the LIPG is still ran at night. Also I think G&W may have changed their symbols, I heard the LIFW call as CFE 14 (or cfe 4T?) and the dispatcher referred to the LIYD as the "yard job" and I've not heard them do that before. All speculation but maybe someone has input...

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

3883/3886 just brought the LIVW into VW. 4 tanks plus the regular VW terminal and CSP cars.

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

I'm a bit behind at posting these so here are 2 recent shots. This is the first time I've caught 3 CF&E GP38s together!

Also last Monday evening we caught 3024/3898 coming back in from Landeck.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Nice catching the three 38-2's together! The boxcars in the background of the first vid, are those in storage or for RR Donnelly (or whatever the paper customer is?)?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

AARR wrote:Nice catching the three 38-2's together! The boxcars in the background of the first vid, are those in storage or for RR Donnelly (or whatever the paper customer is?)?
They sat there for over a week. They were very behind. Had to switch the yard with 3 38s all week because of how much they had to move. They even had 30 or so mixed cars on the siding in Delphos due to lack of room in Lima. Looks like their backed up again this week. This was last Tuesdays LIVW which suffers from deleted footage. I finally filmed them coming down the CN where the alley are on either side and I went and deleted the footage!