TLEW News?

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
MagnumForce
Angry Man

Re: TLEW News?

Unread post by MagnumForce »

It was over the Auglaize at DuPont.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

TrainWatcher wrote:Honestly, can someone call me when they lay the track to hit the I&O in Malinta? Then we'll be talking.
Quoting this so everyone can re-read the idiocy.
Bottom text.

cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Unread post by cbehr91 »

TrainWatcher wrote:Honestly, can someone call me when they lay the track to hit the I&O in Malinta? Then we'll be talking.
The branch to Napoleon? Sure.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

Hey someone call me when they put it back in to St. Louis then the TLEW can get GEVOs and become HSR.
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

BnOEngr
Captain Obvious

Unread post by BnOEngr »

There is supposed to be a user fee paid each year for use of the Museum's track and R-O-W. That has yet to ever be paid. There is supposed to be a division of revenue paid each year for all freight, that has not "technically" been paid either. The first year any passenger trains run, the Museum gets no revenue. So this benefits the bottom line of the Museum how? There is no agreement to use the Museum's equipment, only to maintain it for use on an "as needed" basis. A bill has been sent for use of the equipment, but that hasn't been paid either. The leaser is to provide their own equipment. The leaser is responsible for track maintenance.

So, what does the Museum gain financially by having work done to the track that it can't even run on?
Not that obvious

bluestreak81
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bluestreak81 »

If you trace the old rail bed that goes into the city of Continental, there appears to be about 1000 feet or so of track on the old road bed with two crossings. One at Route 634 and another at E. Rice Street. Is this small segment of the original track or was this track added after the rails were pulled to serve what appears to be one customer?

JoJames
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by JoJames »

bluestreak81 wrote:If you trace the old rail bed that goes into the city of Continental, there appears to be about 1000 feet or so of track on the old road bed with two crossings. One at Route 634 and another at E. Rice Street. Is this small segment of the original track or was this track added after the rails were pulled to serve what appears to be one customer?
Original track.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

As already noted, original track. Used mostly for MOW storage and the occasional bad order set out. No customers on that track anymore.
Bottom text.

bluestreak81
Railroadfan...fan

Here's a link on Google Streetview below of what remains of the bridge structure in Dupont, Ohio (just south of Continental) where the Cloverleaf once crossed the Auglaize River. You can see it in the middle of the river about 300 feet or so from the automobile bridge. I've tried to find information online about the derailment on this bridge, but can't seem to find anything. Anyone know approximately when the derailment happened or any details?
TrainWatcher wrote:There was a reason N&W didn't hold on to the line after the Continental bridge accident.
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=dupont+o ... gplus-ogsb

MagnumForce
Angry Man

Unread post by MagnumForce »

I have heard some interesting stories about kicking cars across that bridge that were hot after the derailment, no good for a loco, but fine for a car.

DT&Ifan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by DT&Ifan »

Has any kind of agreement been reached between the two groups? Or is this another case of a rail dying from bad management and poor decision making?

becauseisaidso15
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by becauseisaidso15 »

-
Last edited by becauseisaidso15 on Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BnOEngr
Captain Obvious

Unread post by BnOEngr »

DT&Ifan wrote:... Or is this another case of a rail dying from bad management and poor decision making?
If things fall apart, it will be at least the third time that someone who thinks that they had a better idea, or tries to make a buck at the expense of the museum, has failed. Each time, it causes another near-death blow for the non-profit group.
Not that obvious

bluestreak81
Railroadfan...fan

Who fixed the culvert that collapsed over a decade ago?

Jetlink
Not a Railfan

Unread post by Jetlink »

bluestreak81 wrote:Who fixed the culvert that collapsed over a decade ago?
The culvert was fixed becauseisaidso.
interested in trains

Patiently waiting for LansingRailfan to antagonize me in his tagline

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Unread post by CSX_CO »

Jetlink Driver wrote:
bluestreak81 wrote:Who fixed the culvert that collapsed over a decade ago?
The culvert was fixed becauseisaidso.
I thought I heard it was fixed by the same people who then fell under the scrutiny of the Ohio Attorney General's Office and FRA?

Practice Safe CSX

becauseisaidso15
Railroadfan...fan

-
Last edited by becauseisaidso15 on Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BnOEngr
Captain Obvious

Unread post by BnOEngr »

This can go on and on....rah, rah, rah, blah, blah, blah.

Grain can be shipped anytime an elevator gets a good price or lands a contract for supply. Do you think grain trains only run in the fall?
Not that obvious

becauseisaidso15
Railroadfan...fan

-
Last edited by becauseisaidso15 on Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Unread post by CSX_CO »

becauseisaidso15 wrote:Grain can be a year round thing, but Midwest would rather have car storage on the line than to leave nothing on it hopping for a grain shipment once a month year round.
Doesn't sound like Midwest is very customer service oriented then if they only want grain moves in the 'fall'.

Of course...goes right along with their MOP, telling people what they can and cannot do...

Practice Safe CSX