Chicago line meltdown.

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Chicago line meltdown.

Unread post by M.D.Bentley »

Anyone else notice the single track main between Fairlane OH and Conway, PA ? The weather Tuesday packed a wallop with the flooding , signals and dead crews ( & trains ) everywhere around the Cleveland area. Almost nothing NB on the Detroit line from the East, anyways.

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Re: Chicago line meltdown.

Unread post by CSX_CO »

M.D.Bentley wrote:Anyone else notice the single track main between Fairlane OH and Conway, PA ? The weather Tuesday packed a wallop with the flooding , signals and dead crews ( & trains ) everywhere around the Cleveland area. Almost nothing NB on the Detroit line from the East, anyways.
Impossible. NS doesn't have problems like that. Just ask on any railfan board, anywhere.

Practice Safe CSX

ns8401
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ns8401 »

CSX_CO wrote:
M.D.Bentley wrote:Anyone else notice the single track main between Fairlane OH and Conway, PA ? The weather Tuesday packed a wallop with the flooding , signals and dead crews ( & trains ) everywhere around the Cleveland area. Almost nothing NB on the Detroit line from the East, anyways.
Impossible. NS doesn't have problems like that. Just ask on any railfan board, anywhere.

Practice Safe CSX
NS? Problems with late trains and gridlock on the Chicago line? Nah it can't be...
Celebrating Over 3800 Posts in HD
This updated Signature Brought To YOU By The One The Only MQT3001!
NS8401, Online, At Trackside And On Your Side

MagnumForce
Angry Man

Unread post by MagnumForce »

Living up here close to "Chicago Mains" of NS and CSX I can tell you that both of them are at the brink. NS does have two things going for them though, there are a lot of sidings West of Toledo where they can park trains and are still able to keep both tracks open and they don't have NWO thrown into the mix.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

MagnumForce wrote:Living up here close to "Chicago Mains" of NS and CSX I can tell you that both of them are at the brink. NS does have two things going for them though, there are a lot of sidings West of Toledo where they can park trains and are still able to keep both tracks open and they don't have NWO thrown into the mix.
You say this all the time, but really, how is four sidings "a lot?" Not saying they don't help the situation, but really...

I may be wrong, but all I can think of is the siding up around Holland/Sylvania (I forget the CP's), then CP 304 to 307, CP 327 to 329, and the "third main" between Goshen and Elkhart. They rarely park trains in Bryan. I can't think of one between Bryan and Goshen.
Bottom text.

StupidFlee​t
Chinese Foooood

Unread post by StupidFlee​t »

Y@ wrote:
MagnumForce wrote:Living up here close to "Chicago Mains" of NS and CSX I can tell you that both of them are at the brink. NS does have two things going for them though, there are a lot of sidings West of Toledo where they can park trains and are still able to keep both tracks open and they don't have NWO thrown into the mix.
You say this all the time, but really, how is four sidings "a lot?" Not saying they don't help the situation, but really...

I may be wrong, but all I can think of is the siding up around Holland/Sylvania (I forget the CP's), then CP 304 to 307, CP 327 to 329, and the "third main" between Goshen and Elkhart. They rarely park trains in Bryan. I can't think of one between Bryan and Goshen.

292 to 295. Middle crossover at 293

There is not one between Bryan and Goshen. I've seen trains parked in the SCS at Bryan but it does not happen often.
Flickr

(23:10:05) MagnumForce: All precautions were taken

cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Unread post by cbehr91 »

There was a washout around Hudson (south side of Cleveland) this week and they're just beginning to catch up. Still lots of single track and dead trains. Holiday weekend and autorouter don't help either.

M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by M.D.Bentley »

I think GE spent more money on promoting the AutoDispatching than they did on the program ! :roll:

MagnumForce
Angry Man

Unread post by MagnumForce »

4 sidings for dead trains that always seem to be filled with dead trains. That is generally about what it is west of Defiance and that is now more single track than not. I think it definitely helps them or at the very least gives them options. I see crew swaps at these locations a lot, especially Swanton and Archbold.