Where Is It?

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
J T
Hates Supper

Re: Where am I?

Unread post by J T »

Raildudes dad wrote:Can I guess, can I , can I? :lol:
NO!! :P
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

trnwatcher
My name ain't Steven

Unread post by trnwatcher »

J T wrote:Somewhere on the west side of the state...

On the old PM line between Holland and Allegan?
Steven F. Shick
http://www.youtube.com/user/trnwatcher
http://www.trnwatcher.net

I.T. guy/Railfan
"The true railfan has two favorite railroads....the Baltimore & Ohio and another one." - Charles S. Roberts

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Nope. :P
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

Schteinkuh
Railcam Terrorizer

Unread post by Schteinkuh »

Am I allowed to guess?
According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyway because bees don't care what humans think is impossible.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

AMTK55 wrote:Am I allowed to guess?
I assume you know where it is. PM me first.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Ok, so far no correct answers. And it seems most of the guesses are for lines that are still in service. So here's a view from the ROW looking east...

And to make things even easier, here's a shot looking west with remnants of a much lower interurban grade paralleling the old railroad ROW on the north side:

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

I was right it is abandoned. Could be a great candidate for my new Youtube series, IF someone guesses what it is. I have no clue,
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

James Sofonia
Grand Traverse Dinner Train 1996

Unread post by James Sofonia »

JT,

When were the photos taken?

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

This past Saturday.

James Sofonia

J T wrote:This past Saturday.
Wow, quite current!
This changes where I'm looking now.

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

West side of the state,abandoned line, not yet a trail but is in the planning stage, former interurban line next to it and there is another one very similar nearby on the same line. Should be easy with all these clues.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

Raildudes dad wrote:West side of the state,abandoned line, not yet a trail but is in the planning stage, former interurban line next to it and there is another one very similar nearby on the same line. Should be easy with all these clues.
Is that part of the old GT line to Grand Haven?
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

MQT1223 wrote:
Raildudes dad wrote:West side of the state,abandoned line, not yet a trail but is in the planning stage, former interurban line next to it and there is another one very similar nearby on the same line. Should be easy with all these clues.
Yes. Now you have to figure out where the bridge is and what it is spanning.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

J T wrote:
MQT1223 wrote:
Yes. Now you have to figure out where the bridge is and what it is spanning.
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Brandy Creek... especially since the line crosses it at least twice and it is very close to 96 at one point. You said it was visible from the highway, and its by Nunica.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

It's actually Crockery Creek, but you guessed it. :D

James Sofonia

Wow, that was a good one. I wore out Google Earth and Bing looking for this. :)

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

J T wrote:It's actually Crockery Creek, but you guessed it. :D

Thats weird, I saw a Brandy Creek as well. Crockery has some spectacular bridges over it. The PRR bridge in Ravanna is quite large for such a small creek. Looks like if your gonna throw someone for a loop on this thread your gonna have to do abandoned, undeveloped ROW's.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

MQT1223 wrote:Looks like if your gonna throw someone for a loop on this thread your gonna have to do abandoned, undeveloped ROW's.
But only if it's something visible from a nearby road. :D

I see it says Brandy Creek on Google maps, but I'm pretty sure there is a sign along the roadway that says "Crockery Creek." Plus, I trust bingmaps a little more for accuracy (I've seen some ridiculous errors on google maps over the years).

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Per photos I have seen, the interurban had a significant bridge there as well. I'm inclined to say that ROW has worn a lot over the years.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

MQT3001 wrote:Per photos I have seen, the interurban had a significant bridge there as well. I'm inclined to say that ROW has worn a lot over the years.
Would you agree that the interurban bridge probably got torn down by the power company?