Where Is It?

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Re: Where am I?

Unread post by MQT1223 »

Well unless that Watertower doesn't have the town name on it I'm gonna say Viking? :lol:
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

Michael
Stuck in mud

Unread post by Michael »

MQT1223 wrote:Well unless that Watertower doesn't have the town name on it I'm gonna say Viking? :lol:
Viking is definitely a clue so I did not airbrush it out but it is not the town name.

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

Unread post by ConrailMan5 »

Michael wrote:Image
Milan Michigan
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
-Kurt Vonnegut

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Flat Rock?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:These 3 should keep you guys busy for all of 10 minutes
Flint?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Burb8145
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Burb8145 »

Here's another. Anyone except AARR is allowed to answer.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
-Red Green

Michael
Stuck in mud

Unread post by Michael »

ConrailMan5 wrote:
Milan Michigan
Yes indeed

Michael
Stuck in mud

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Flat Rock?
Well done AARR

Michael
Stuck in mud

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Michael wrote:These 3 should keep you guys busy for all of 10 minutes
Flint?

Nope. These tracks were pull out in recent years.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

Man Michael I thought all three of your pictures were part of one answer. I thought the top one was Milan but the other two threw me off.

Since I'm now on the right page I'm gonna say Hastings for the Viking Tower pic.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Burb8145 wrote:Here's another. Anyone except AARR is allowed to answer.
I would guess Edison Yard in Wyandotte? Guess we'll have to wait until someone else responds to find out if I'm right.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:These 3 should keep you guys busy for all of 10 minutes Flint? Nope. These tracks were pull out in recent years.
I Googled MI HS Vikings and found a bunch of schools that use Viking. With your hint though I'll guess Bronson because the tracks were recently removed. I don't normally use anything to guess but my brain and my memory but without Google or your hint I wouldn't have a clue.

All you guys post very good pictures and I enjoy trying to figure out where they are :D

Michael
Stuck in mud

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote: I Googled MI HS Vikings and found a bunch of schools that use Viking. With your hint though I'll guess Bronson because the tracks were recently removed. I don't normally use anything to guess but my brain and my memory but without Google or your hint I wouldn't have a clue.

Very well done Columbo :)

Burb8145
Railroadfan...fan

AARR wrote:
I would guess Edison Yard in Wyandotte? Guess we'll have to wait until someone else responds to find out if I'm right.
Close. Try again. You are, however, within a couple miles of Edison Yard.
-Red Green

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

I would guess Edison Yard in Wyandotte? Guess we'll have to wait until someone else responds to find out if I'm right. Close. Try again. You are, however, within a couple miles of Edison Yard.
This is one of those places it seems I've seen before yet I can't recall where. When I guessed Edison Yard I was debating if it might be DT&I's yard (South Yard?) in Trenton (or is it Zug Island). So I'll go with that.

M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by M.D.Bentley »

Should I say that it is Conrail's Trenton yard seen from the West road over pass or should I let someone else guess ? :-) CN Flatrock Sub on the right and the NS Detroit line # 1 tk to the left of that. CN's Edison yard is south of here about a mile on the Shoreline Sub. Those cars on the south end of track one were there for about 8 months ( set out as RIPs ) before someone decided to move them to be fixed.

Michael
Stuck in mud

Unread post by Michael »

Trivia question: Anyone know of any other island in Michigan that has or ever had railroads? I can only think of Zug Island although that only became an island after the shortcut canal was cut.

James Sofonia
Grand Traverse Dinner Train 1996

Unread post by James Sofonia »

Michael wrote: Image

Camp Perry, Ohio! I know my military bases :D
Correct Michael, I've been gone all day and didn't realize you answered this in two minutes!

Camp Perry was a POW camp for German and Italian prisoners in WW2, conveniently arriving by train right to the door. Later portions of the camp have been re-purposed as an industrial park that still receives occasional rail service. "The track is a spur from a nearby Norfolk Southern main line that parallels Route 358 and enters Camp Perry and the Lake Erie Industrial Park. Several times a week, Norfolk Southern runs a train on the spur to switch cars at a BFI landfill on Route 358 and in the industrial park.
Read more at http://www.toledoblade.com/frontpage/20 ... rMpGbum.99
"

Burb8145
Railroadfan...fan

M.D.Bentley wrote:Should I say that it is Conrail's Trenton yard seen from the West road over pass
Correct.
-Red Green

Michael
Stuck in mud

Unread post by Michael »