Long 335 with huge lashup

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Long 335 with huge lashup

Unread post by MQT1223 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sZNzHBDd_I

Another cell phone video, with perfect sunlight. Was not planning on filming trains today until I saw the headlights. Quite a bit of power on this one.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

Norm
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Long 335 with huge lashup

Unread post by Norm »

You need to edit. There's too much wasted time at the beginning.
Norm

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

Norm wrote:You need to edit. There's too much wasted time at the beginning.
I agree, if you shot that with an iPhone and uploaded it directly from your phone you can hold and drag the front of the video to a desirable location (like the start of the horn for the crossing or something). The way I think of editing my videos is if I would lose interest from waiting, I probably need to trim it down. Generally starting when the horn is first sounded works pretty well to keep interest and have a shorter video. It takes time but eventually filming trains and editing will be easier as you get a "formula" going. That doesn't mean you have to do the same thing every time, but generally you should try and get to the point quickly and such. I do like that even though you used a phone you set it down for a steady shot (although it looks like you may have used the sloped part of a car hood :lol: ;)).
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

I am shooting with my two year old smartphone. I do use my car so the video is more steady. If my dad hadn't taken away both of my cameras until my semester is over I would use those. He is very strict and controlling. If I try to edit on this phone it freezes up, so there is not much I can do at the moment until May. Watch some of my recent videos before I started using my phone, I am familiar with editing.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Here's Q33523 west at Vriesland: Image
Looks like I need a new monitor at home.. looks way too dark on three different monitors at work.

More "can do", not so much "i can't do" attitude would help. You can likely send video from phone to PC, edit on PC, then send to youtube.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

~Z~ wrote:Here's Q33523 west at Vriesland: Image
Looks like I need a new monitor at home.. looks way too dark on three different monitors at work.

More "can do", not so much "i can't do" attitude would help. You can likely send video from phone to PC, edit on PC, then send to youtube.
Never even thought of that...

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Youtube has a video editing feature, as well, so you can trim videos post-upload. I've shaved off parts of older 1st Gen videos to make them at least somewhat presentable.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

MQT3001 wrote:Youtube has a video editing feature, as well, so you can trim videos post-upload. I've shaved off parts of older 1st Gen videos to make them at least somewhat presentable.
Ive tried to use it but it never works on my end unless I'm not using it right.

justin_gram
Authority on Rabbit

Unread post by justin_gram »

Nice to see this train in other places than home. Here is them on my end. viewtopic.php?f=20&t=31566&start=20#p328935