Where Is It?

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Re: Where am I?

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:I find the history of these old lines a lot more interesting than the present day lines.....although someday they will be history too I suppose
There's a couple guys at another railroad board that put together "Fossil Hunting" expeditions. We follow abandoned ROW's. GLRF and SW are attendee's. Kitty Litter has done one or two on the west side.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Michael
Stuck in mud

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Michael wrote:I find the history of these old lines a lot more interesting than the present day lines.....although someday they will be history too I suppose
There's a couple guys at another railroad board that put together "Fossil Hunting" expeditions. We follow abandoned ROW's. GLRF and SW are attendee's. Kitty Litter has done one or two on the west side.

I need to get off my butt and go to one those! :lol:

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

I'm surprised no one has put up a picture that directly focuses at an Interurban yet...
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Michael wrote:
AARR wrote:

Our next one's coming up in September. Plenty of time to work it into your schedule.
~ Charles W.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

GreatLakesRailfan wrote:
Michael wrote:
AARR wrote:I find the history of these old lines a lot more interesting than the present day lines.....although someday they will be history too I suppose

Our next one's coming up in September. Plenty of time to work it into your schedule.[/quote]

Oh man I love things like this, especially if I get to rescue a relic or two along the way! Any way I could get in the loop on this?
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Trying to circumvent the 3-embed quote limit by trashing one starter and screwing up the formatting isn't the way to go. For the sake of reading, please learn to edit your posts more effectively! :roll:

I've noticed you doing this on numerous occasions. In this case, you made it look like people said things they didn't...the names got mis-aligned with the text. If you're trying to get the target off your back, at least do the simple things...please and thank-you.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

MQT3001 wrote:Trying to circumvent the 3-embed quote limit by trashing one starter and screwing up the formatting isn't the way to go. For the sake of reading, please learn to edit your posts more effectively! :roll:

I've noticed you doing this on numerous occasions. In this case, you made it look like people said things they didn't...the names got mis-aligned with the text. If you're trying to get the target off your back, at least do the simple things...please and thank-you.
Really dude??? Worry about somthing other then my posts. I will do them however I want. Last time I checked your not the Postmaster. If you read the posts like other people have told ME to do on numerous occasions you should be able to follow my comments. FYI professor, "Thank You" does not have a hyphen in it, since your so critical of my posts I guess I will worry about yours.
Last edited by MQT1223 on Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Michael
Stuck in mud

Unread post by Michael »

Burb8145
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Burb8145 »

Hint: directly focuses at an Interurban
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
-Red Green

Michael
Stuck in mud

Unread post by Michael »

Burb8145 wrote:Hint: directly focuses at an Interurban
We're gonna rock down to Electric Avenue.......
I just saw this one researching the old Detroit, Monroe & Toledo Short Line (or is it Shore Line?)
That is the old overpass over Eureka Road in Wyandotte. http://goo.gl/maps/NoQ36

The photo I posted also relates to the Interurban as well.

James Sofonia
Grand Traverse Dinner Train 1996

Unread post by James Sofonia »

Michael wrote: We're gonna rock down to Electric Avenue.......
Hmmnn.. could it be the power house generating electric for the interurbans?
I suppose you want to know where. There is a possible clue in the jpg file name. GTLP. Something, something, light and power. :wink:
Attachments
gtlp.jpg

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

Pixl wrote:
Michael wrote: We're gonna rock down to Electric Avenue.......
Hmmnn.. could it be the power house generating electric for the interurbans?
I suppose you want to know where. There is a possible clue in the jpg file name. GTLP. Something, something, light and power. :wink:
That and the white sign says "the old powerhouse"

Michael
Stuck in mud

Unread post by Michael »

Pixl wrote:Hmmnn.. could it be the power house generating electric for the interurbans?

Good job Pixl, You figured out it was a power house for the interurban, perhaps it was the "Old Powerhouse" sign like PM1223 said :lol: but either way it probably won't take long to locate it. It is currently a winery and it does have an historical marker out front.

p.s. the GTLP.JPG was just random or perhaps it was a slip on my part

Michael
Stuck in mud

Unread post by Michael »

Here is another building related to the interurban lines.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

Michael wrote:Here is another building related to the interurban lines.
This one I'm gonna guess is the old powerhouse in Zeeland.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Pixl wrote:Hmmnn.. could it be the power house generating electric for the interurbans?

Good job Pixl, You figured out it was a power house for the interurban, perhaps it was the "Old Powerhouse" sign like PM1223 said :lol: but either way it probably won't take long to locate it. It is currently a winery and it does have an historical marker out front.

Grand Traverse Light & Power?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Michael
Stuck in mud

Unread post by Michael »

MQT1223 wrote:
Michael wrote:Here is another building related to the interurban lines.
This one I'm gonna guess is the old powerhouse in Zeeland.
It did serve as a power house, freight house and passenger depot but it is not in Zeeland.

Michael
Stuck in mud

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Michael wrote:

Grand Traverse Light & Power?

It's in the SE part of the state.

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Michael wrote:Image
Kinda looks like Plymouth... :?:
~ Charles W.

Burb8145
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Burb8145 »

Michael wrote:
Burb8145 wrote:Hint: directly focuses at an Interurban
We're gonna rock down to Electric Avenue.......
I just saw this one researching the old Detroit, Monroe & Toledo Short Line (or is it Shore Line?)
That is the old overpass over Eureka Road in Wyandotte. http://goo.gl/maps/NoQ36
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
-Red Green