Where Is It?

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
J T
Hates Supper

Re: Where am I?

Unread post by J T »

MQT1223 wrote: True true. Most would assume its just a powerline ROW. I actually drove there on my way home from work. I'm suprised no one has figured out where I live yet by the pictures I post. :lol: This is a very long walk for me. Biking is better for this spot. However finding where I live is different. My house looks like any other until you see whats on display in front.
My girlfriend and I ride our bikes on the sidewalk in that pic all the time as we go to and from Kent Trails. :)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

MQT3001 wrote: Interestingly, he also shot this one in the same area of the same unit, going the same direction, but totally opposite on the seasons!
CSX 69.jpg
Sheesh...I have no recollection of taking that picture. I'm pretty sure I remember shooting it near Sawyer, but for some reason I forgot all about that one.
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Ok, somewhere in Michigan, definitely west of Lansing. I drove by this area today and from my vantage point I noticed there are still railroad ties visible on the ROW in the grass on the left even though this line has been gone for many years. There was even a spur that led to the white building on the left. A clue...this image is facing east.
Attachments
where1.jpg

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

J T wrote:Ok, somewhere in Michigan, definitely west of Lansing. I drove by this area today and from my vantage point I noticed there are still railroad ties visible on the ROW in the grass on the left even though this line has been gone for many years. There was even a spur that led to the white building on the left. A clue...this image is facing east.
Ah ha, I know this one. This is right where the bicycle trail turns and heads south. We are in Muskegon looking east along Laketon just east of US-31.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Pixl wrote:Another old grain elevator
Although you can't see in this photo, there are rails in the grass. The tracks end here and haven't had a train over them for some time, but they do go North for quite a distance and up there they are still active. NE lower Michigan.
Avoca?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

James Sofonia
Grand Traverse Dinner Train 1996

Unread post by James Sofonia »

AARR wrote:
Although you can't see in this photo, there are rails in the grass. The tracks end here and haven't had a train over them for some time, but they do go North for quite a distance and up there they are still active. NE lower Michigan.
Avoca?
Yes, you got it AARR

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Pixl wrote:
AARR wrote:
NE lower Michigan.
Avoca?
Yes, you got it AARR
I'd say Avoca is SE lower Michigan, not NE.. Bay City is about the half way point between Mac Bridge and the Ohio border for lower michigan me thinks. I was browsing up around Gaylord, Alpena... :P
Webmaster

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Webmaster

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

J T wrote:
MQT1223 wrote: True true. Most would assume its just a powerline ROW. I actually drove there on my way home from work. I'm suprised no one has figured out where I live yet by the pictures I post. :lol: This is a very long walk for me. Biking is better for this spot. However finding where I live is different. My house looks like any other until you see whats on display in front.
My girlfriend and I ride our bikes on the sidewalk in that pic all the time as we go to and from Kent Trails. :)
You've been VERY close to me and never realized it.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

MQT1223 wrote:
J T wrote:My girlfriend and I ride our bikes on the sidewalk in that pic all the time as we go to and from Kent Trails. :)
I think we realize you live in the Grandville/Wyoming area as you keep mentioning it... until you host some gathering at your house, we aren't super concerned with exactly which house is yours, sorry.
Webmaster

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

~Z~ wrote:
MQT1223 wrote:
J T wrote:My girlfriend and I ride our bikes on the sidewalk in that pic all the time as we go to and from Kent Trails. :)
I think we realize you live in the Grandville/Wyoming area as you keep mentioning it... until you host some gathering at your house, we aren't super concerned with exactly which house is yours, sorry.
You mean his dad's house, right? ;)
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

James Sofonia

~Z~ wrote:I'd say Avoca is SE lower Michigan, not NE.. Bay City is about the half way point between Mac Bridge and the Ohio border for lower michigan me thinks. I was browsing up around Gaylord, Alpena... :P
Ok, looking at a map I'll go with that.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Pixl wrote:
~Z~ wrote:I'd say Avoca is SE lower Michigan, not NE.. Bay City is about the half way point between Mac Bridge and the Ohio border for lower michigan me thinks. I was browsing up around Gaylord, Alpena... :P
Ok, looking at a map I'll go with that.
I figured it out :P (with the help of this hint: Although you can't see in this photo, there are rails in the grass. The tracks end here and haven't had a train over them for some time, but they do go North for quite a distance and up there they are still active. NE lower Michigan.)
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

MQT3001 wrote:
~Z~ wrote:
MQT1223 wrote: You've been VERY close to me and never realized it.
You mean his dad's house, right? ;)
I know I was just saying. What's wrong with my house Alex? You don't know cool until your at my place bucko. :D
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

~Z~ wrote:
Ah ha, I know this one. This is right where the bicycle trail turns and heads south. We are in Muskegon looking east along Laketon just east of US-31.
Ding ding ding! I had a feeling you'd recognize it right away. The railroad ties are easily visible when heading north on 31. I was on my way to a job on the north side of Muskegon.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

~Z~ wrote:Where be it?
http://i.imgur.com/VDs6EBb.jpg
Well that's a soft ball. Lake Street overpass in Niles. :D

James Sofonia

~Z~ wrote:Where be it?
http://i.imgur.com/VDs6EBb.jpg
Ok Z, whats going on with this one. Where would there be a tired old road thru the neighborhoods with no cars on it that deserves a grade separated crossing? I've looked at every bridge crossing in the state of Michigan except the one you have. Hmmnn...

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Pixl wrote: Ok Z, whats going on with this one. Where would there be a tired old road thru the neighborhoods with no cars on it that deserves a grade separated crossing? I've looked at every bridge crossing in the state of Michigan except the one you have. Hmmnn...
Well, if you move back a little bit, there's a red truck on the bridge. :)
Attachments
niles.jpg

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

Heres another from me
Attachments
where is it.png
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

cfriedri
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by cfriedri »

Ypsi wrote:Heres another from me
Haha - you can't keep the locals away! It's Industrial Boulevard on the Saline Branch of the Ann Arbor Railroad.
Connor