Where Is It?

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Re: Where am I?

Unread post by ~Z~ »

95duck wrote:
J T wrote:You're getting somewhat warm. :)

Mattawan, corner of 60th/robinson and Glidden st. Michigan Line :)
Man, I knew the line ran NE to SW, even browsed by the crossings from just outside of Kalamazoo down to Niles, then around New Buffalo too... must not have been zoomed in enough at Mattawan.. argh.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

J T wrote:
MQT1223 wrote: I will go back and see if I can find it on Monday.
I THINK it's on the east side of the bridge, south side of the creek.
Well the bridge is still accessable from the north side BARELY. One more flood should sever that connection. The builders plte is gone, however its very clear where it was because there is white paint where the sign used to be mounted.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

wyrickj
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by wyrickj »

MQT1223 wrote:Ok I got two more...

The first one you are looking at a bridge from a distance. No tracks are on this bridge, and to be honest I'm not really sure where the rails went that used to cross this bridge. It is of mixed wood and steel construction. Figure out where this is and I have a second photo to show of this bridge that I find very interesting.

Second one might be a different story. Should be easy to find, just a grade from a distance in a residential area.

Exactly where is this? I've looked on Google and Bing maps and can't find it. Almost guess it's on Wyoming side considering the creek.
Pure Michigan Railroads
YouTube | Facebook

James Sofonia
Grand Traverse Dinner Train 1996

Unread post by James Sofonia »

~Z~ wrote: Man, I knew the line ran NE to SW, even browsed by the crossings from just outside of Kalamazoo down to Niles, then around New Buffalo too... must not have been zoomed in enough at Mattawan.. argh.
Z, I did the same thing.
JT, this was a good one and an interesting yellow bridge.( What gives with that?) I had fun with this one even though I didn't get it.

Full view.......

Michael
Stuck in mud

Unread post by Michael »

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

wyrickj wrote: Exactly where is this? I've looked on Google and Bing maps and can't find it. Almost guess it's on Wyoming side considering the creek.
Near the ramp for southbound 131 off of Burton Street. Look in the grove of trees to the southwest of that ramp.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:Image
I have a few guesses. Let's start with Lowell.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

AARR wrote: I have a few guesses. Let's start with Lowell.
If that were Lowell, that scene would be whored out beyond belief. :lol:
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

Michael
Stuck in mud

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
I have a few guesses. Let's start with Lowell.
It is about 80 miles or so away from Lowell.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

J T wrote:
I don't get it :? How about Ithaca?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Michael
Stuck in mud

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
J T wrote:
I don't get it :? How about Ithaca?

South of Ithaca

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

AARR wrote: I don't get it :?
You don't get what?

James Sofonia

Parma, Mi., West of Jackson, Michigan Ave over the NS.

I was wondering why the train station in the photo was not aligned with the rail line. I found that the original MCRR depot sat about where the bushy tree is in the center of the photo, and the station you see was for the interurban that was once here. Another interesting location Michael.

Above, the former interurban depot at Parma. The depot is now a library and city hall and has been moved about 1/2 block from its original location. [Dale Berry]
Last edited by James Sofonia on Tue May 05, 2015 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Pixl wrote:Parma, Mi., West of Jackson, Michigan Ave over the NS.
Nice work. I was browsing the JAIL after that 80 miles comment, then from Jackson east as that's 80 miles from Lowell, but not west. Well, as the crow flies at least, not driving distance :) Checked out CSX north of flint too, no dice.
Enjoying this thread, learning more about the railroads around the state than i expected.

Another new one, bit different. You'll want to use http://maps.bing.com then turn on Birds Eye view to find this spot as that's where the image was taken... should be easy to at least tell which RR this is on - north is up:
http://i.imgur.com/Y7LytMv.jpg
Webmaster

James Sofonia

~Z~ wrote:Another new one, bit different. You'll want to use http://maps.bing.com then turn on Birds Eye view to find this spot as that's where the image was taken... should be easy to at least tell which RR this is on - north is up: Image
Z, This looks like an Amtrak train, but the only part of their system with that N slightly E angle, out in the country crossing dirt roads would be Holland down to about Hartford. All the other Amtrak routes don't match this setting. But it's not on that stretch. Is it indeed Amtrak?

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Pixl wrote:
~Z~ wrote:Another new one, bit different. You'll want to use http://maps.bing.com then turn on Birds Eye view to find this spot as that's where the image was taken... should be easy to at least tell which RR this is on - north is up: Image
Z, This looks like an Amtrak train, but the only part of their system with that N slightly E angle, out in the country crossing dirt roads would be Holland down to about Hartford. All the other Amtrak routes don't match this setting. But it's not on that stretch. Is it indeed Amtrak?
I'm thinking it's GLC somewhere on the Oakley Branch.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Pixl wrote:
Z, This looks like an Amtrak train....
Except, Amtrak locomotives don't have white noses. :wink: And those are definitely geeps.

James Sofonia

J T wrote:
Pixl wrote:
Z, This looks like an Amtrak train....
Except, Amtrak locomotives don't have white noses. :wink: And those are definitely geeps.
Ok, I can see that. But the chances of catching a passegener excursion just as a Landsat snaps a photo, then someone here finding and posting seems very high odds. I've looked around the GLC system as they run blue geeps but didn't spot it.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Well I beat the odds while searching for Michael's spot earlier :) it is indeed on GLC. And as Michael said earlier, it's south of Ithaca.
Webmaster

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

~Z~ wrote:Well I beat the odds while searching for Michael's spot earlier :) it is indeed on GLC. And as Michael said earlier, it's south of Ithaca.
That doesn't happen to be the train that GLC ran last year with two MiTrain Bilevels and the SRI power car is it? It had a Geep on each end and the roofs seem to match the train.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)