Where Is It?

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Re: Where am I?

Unread post by Saturnalia »

~Z~ wrote:What, didn't want to keep my image as an active one? And if you didn't want to have more than one active one at a time, why did you post the MQT where is it when my Kalamazoo shot hadn't been guessed on?
I never said I was faultless. You don't have to be a non-participant to propose a solution to a problem.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

~Z~ wrote:I do agree though, one active photo at a time please, helps keep things a little more organized.
I would like to vote for this format :D
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

AARR wrote:
~Z~ wrote:I do agree though, one active photo at a time please, helps keep things a little more organized.
I would like to vote for this format :D
The only issue I see with this is because we have no idea when someone will post something. Unless someone gives a heads up that they want to post the next picture I'm not sure how this could work without any conflict. I think no more then TWO would be better, that way someone who wants to post a picture isn't continuously getting shut out.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

Standard Railfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Standard Railfan »

There is another solution. A new thread could be started each time someone posts. For example: "Where am I, May 7, 2015"

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

Standard Railfan wrote:There is another solution. A new thread could be started each time someone posts. For example: "Where am I, May 7, 2015"
That might create TOO many of these small little threads that have 5-10 posts on them depending on how far they go, I don't think Zach would be a fan of that. Just my opinion, Zach can say otherwise...
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Maybe banning MQT from the thread would be more productive. I don't recall any major conflicts with multiple photos being posted until he took over moderating this thread... :shock:
~ Charles W.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

GreatLakesRailfan wrote:Maybe banning MQT from the thread would be more productive. I don't recall any major conflicts with multiple photos being posted until he took over moderating this thread... :shock:
EVERYONE has a right to post here I think. Banning one person won't solve anything.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

I enjoy guessing the picture(s). Can someone please post another one :)
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

wyrickj wrote:Anyone guess what this is and where it's at?

ImageAbandoned Spur by wyrickj, on Flickr
I don't think anyone guessed this one AARR. Gonna bump it for you.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

MQT1223 wrote:

I don't think anyone guessed this one AARR. Gonna bump it for you.
I believe MQT says he knows where this is but I didn't see his answer.

I'll need a clue, maybe several hundred of them, to guess it :lol:

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

I don't think I know, but thinking about it reminds me of a spur off the now-GDLK on the south side of GR, south of Fisher Yard.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Is it (the rusty rail photo) Adrian?
~ Charles W.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

GreatLakesRailfan wrote:Is it (the rusty rail photo) Adrian?
I can see why you guessed that, GLRF. It could possibly be the ex-DT&I segment north of the ADBF mainline. The segment south of ADBF to NS is used to exchange unit grain trains.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

AARR wrote:I'll need a clue, maybe several hundred of them, to guess it :lol:
I agree with the need for a clue.. wyrickj, can you give us some more details? which quadrant of MI, and maybe which railroad this is on? Can't tell if this is just an unused spur, or a connector to some other main line.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

James Sofonia
Grand Traverse Dinner Train 1996

Unread post by James Sofonia »

I've been in Ohio to a funeral, but would like to weigh in on the posting thing. PLEASE keep it free of rules. The open casual format has been working fairly well IMO. If someone posts an un interesting featureless photo, I'd rather move on to the next fun location. There is only two or three at a time anyhow.

M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by M.D.Bentley »

Image[/url] A true where is it from a railroad official that thought that I knew everything.

James Sofonia
Grand Traverse Dinner Train 1996

Unread post by James Sofonia »

Returning from Ohio today I spotted this bridge. Wifiy wouldn't let me stop to photograph so here we are again with Streetview. It is located somewhere along our route from Toledo, Jackson, and Lansing on my way to Traverse City. I find this one interesting with the pedestrian openings that haven't been used in years.

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h36 ... kwudwi.jpg

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

US 223 going under the I&O at Riga
Last edited by redside20 on Sat May 09, 2015 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

redside20 wrote:US 223 going over the I&O at Riga
Under maybe?

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

MQT1223 wrote:
redside20 wrote:US 223 going over the I&O at Riga
Under maybe?
I don't see Lukas' post, but unless there's another bridge exactly like that one somewhere else, it sure looks like redside20 and MQT1223 are right.

Did someone give the right answer for ~Z~'s bridge photo?
~ Charles W.