Where Is It?

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
BDG
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Where am I?

Unread post by BDG »

Mark F wrote:Hint: The GTW caboose is not out of place along this former GR&I line.
Ravenna? GTW used the GR&I Muskegon branch after abandoning the line west of Coopersville.

Michael
Stuck in mud

Unread post by Michael »

BDG wrote:
Mark F wrote:Hint: The GTW caboose is not out of place along this former GR&I line.
Ravenna? GTW used the GR&I Muskegon branch after abandoning the line west of Coopersville.
It is Ravenna. I just remembered Mark mentioned a few weeks back that a caboose would be added next to the water tower I posted a picture of.

Michael
Stuck in mud

Unread post by Michael »

You can see from the embedded rails in the sidewalk where the line passed.

Mark F
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Mark F »

Michael wrote:
BDG wrote:
It is Ravenna. I just remembered Mark mentioned a few weeks back that a caboose would be added next to the water tower I posted a picture of.
Yes, it is Ravenna. The caboose was placed at the Musketawa Trail trailhead in the last week or two. More photos on the Musketawa Trail Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Friends- ... 5442856666

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

Unread post by ConrailMan5 »

Michael wrote:You can see from the embedded rails in the sidewalk where the line passed.
Not entirely certain, but I seem to remember a similar setup in Jackson MI... but thats a WAG
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
-Kurt Vonnegut

James Sofonia
Grand Traverse Dinner Train 1996

Unread post by James Sofonia »

Michael wrote:You can see from the embedded rails in the sidewalk where the line passed.
Was this a main line or just a local spur or siding?

Michael
Stuck in mud

Unread post by Michael »

It is the main line and it is west of Jackson. Two lines crossed through this town just a bit south of my photo.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Albion?
Michael wrote:It is the main line and it is west of Jackson. Two lines crossed through this town just a bit south of my photo.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Michael
Stuck in mud

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:Albion?
Michael wrote:It is the main line and it is west of Jackson. Two lines crossed through this town just a bit south of my photo.

Go west young man.........North as well :)

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

My next guess was going to be Kalamazoo (actually Parchment) but if it's north I'll try Plainview?
Michael wrote:Albion? Go west young man.........North as well :)
It is the main line and it is west of Jackson. Two lines crossed through this town just a bit south of my photo.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Michael
Stuck in mud

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:My next guess was going to be Kalamazoo (actually Parchment) but if it's north I'll try Plainview?
Michael wrote:Albion? Go west young man.........North as well :)

Barry County

Michael
Stuck in mud

Unread post by Michael »

SE Michigan

James Sofonia
Grand Traverse Dinner Train 1996

Unread post by James Sofonia »

Ok, I found you in NE Hastings on E. Mill St. The old CK&S, known informally as the "Cuss, Kick & Swear"
Interesting spot that a main line would sneak between the buildings like that. Must have been gone a very long time as the grade hard to follow outside of town and almost impossible in town.

Michael
Stuck in mud

Unread post by Michael »

Pixl wrote:
Ok, I found you in NE Hastings on E. Mill St. The old CK&S, known informally as the "Cuss, Kick & Swear"
Interesting spot that a main line would sneak between the buildings like that. Must have been gone a very long time as the grade hard to follow outside of town and almost impossible in town.

Good job Pixl. I like the Cuss, Kick & Swear!
I think based upon what I read, the line north of Hastings was removed in 1937 which is why it is difficult to follow but it served this business and perhaps others in town till 1983 http://www.michiganrailroads.com/RRHX/P ... to030B.htm

Michael
Stuck in mud

Unread post by Michael »

Another depot along an abandoned line. This one is around the lower middle of the state.

Michael
Stuck in mud

Unread post by Michael »

This one should not need a hint at all

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

I-94 in Dearborn. NS's MI Line?
Michael wrote:This one should not need a hint at all

BDG
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by BDG »

AARR wrote:I-94 in Dearborn. NS's MI Line?
Michael wrote:This one should not need a hint at all
Southfield Freeway, MI Line.

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Michael wrote:SE Michigan
Is it Pinckney?
~ Charles W.

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Michael wrote:Another depot along an abandoned line. This one is around the lower middle of the state.
Looks like Springport.
~ Charles W.