765 route to Ashtabula

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
ConrailQuality
Railroadfan...fan

765 route to Ashtabula

Unread post by ConrailQuality »

I heard recently that NKP 765 is going to be doing a run on the NS Youngstown Line and its getting there via Ashtabula at the connection. I was wondering when is 765 heading on the full NKP line to get to Ashtabula. I want to catch it doing its ferry move over in Madison Ohio next to this still standing (Barely standing now) 1885 NKP depot.
Let Conrail be Conrail

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

Re: 765 route to Ashtabula

Unread post by heartlandguy »

ConrailQuality wrote:I heard recently that NKP 765 is going to be doing a run on the NS Youngstown Line and its getting there via Ashtabula at the connection. I was wondering when is 765 heading on the full NKP line to get to Ashtabula. I want to catch it doing its ferry move over in Madison Ohio next to this still standing (Barely standing now) 1885 NKP depot.
Should leave Fort Wayne, IN during the mid-morning on Wednesday, and may make it your way by the late afternoon. The leave time (and transit time) however is subject to change depending on how busy NS is during the day, so keep that in mind.
"Alright, uh, get to a stop here and we'll order you a party bus for Lima" -12/30/16

"He ain't one of them terrorists, is he?" "Nah, just some paparazzi. We never get them out here!" -03/12/19

ConrailQuality
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ConrailQuality »

765 is taking the Chicago Line from Toledo to Cleveland and will than get onto the Lake Erie district (Ex NKP Line) to get to Ashtabula.
Let Conrail be Conrail

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Updates from MDH:
NKP 765 tracking thread for Wed: I've heard that the crew is on duty at 0700 but they aren't planned to leave Fort Wayne until 0900. The pilot taking it from Butler to Toledo is on duty (in Toledo) at 0800, so by time they can get him out to Butler it'll be probably at least 0930 and the 765 will take a 15 min stop there. It'll be about 65 more miles to get to Airline yard for the servicing stop with one work zone and another 10mph slow order so figure pushing noon by time it gets to airline. They're planning 40-60 min for the servicing stop in town. Keep in mind the Rt 6 closure west of Bryan - that'll really booger up some chasers. Also, this should be running as NS 952.

Report from the field indicates they're just getting out at Casad at 0845 after messing around moving some equipment so it sounds like they may already be a little behind schedule. Will update as I hear anything.
(They'll need to go to the yard and pick up the train so that'll take a little while also)
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

AC60CW
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by AC60CW »

Passed through Toledo around 2:00 (roughly). Can't remember exact time, I was snoozing and heard the whistle.
Avatar image use with permission of Elmo Bass http://elmo.rrpicturearchives.net/