ANN ARBOR RAILROAD UPDATES

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Re: ANN ARBOR RAILROAD UPDATES

Unread post by Ypsi »

It looked like they were grabbing high cubes.. Or at least moving them around when we saw them. (Made a move forward just locos, then came back with high cubes) But it was hard to see form such distance. There were stored tank cars as well as the train which had the auto racks. Word was they had a 90 car train waiting at Osmer two out of three of us had to go home and sleep before work today.
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Ok, sounds like they are using the cement plant yard for storage. I was hoping maybe Holcim might use it as a distribution terminal and receive inbound cement but that's not the case.
Ypsi wrote:It looked like they were grabbing high cubes.. Or at least moving them around when we saw them. (Made a move forward just locos, then came back with high cubes) But it was hard to see form such distance. There were stored tank cars as well as the train which had the auto racks. Word was they had a 90 car train waiting at Osmer two out of three of us had to go home and sleep before work today.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

Unread post by ConrailMan5 »

AA IS NORTHBOUND PASSING U OF M CENTRAL CAMPUS AT 00:53
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
-Kurt Vonnegut

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

ConrailMan5 wrote:AA IS NORTHBOUND PASSING U OF M CENTRAL CAMPUS AT 00:53
Southbound now
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
-Kurt Vonnegut

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

The Ann Arbor railroad is [edit] traversing Ann Arbor in a direction undetermined. RS3L on the leader indicates that the unit is facing south unless 2368 or 2373 have been wyed.
Edit edit* direction ascertained. SB at Hoover (for those of you who don't know AA that is by the big house aka Michigan stadium)
-Kurt Vonnegut

OwlCaboose2853
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by OwlCaboose2853 »

Yesterday, I drove passed on Hill St RR crossing in Ann Arbor. I looked south and noticed Fingerle Lumber spur switch removed. No more delivery to Fingerle Lumber. :(
See two map;
Fingerle Lumber spur https://www.google.com/maps/@42.2714875 ... a=!3m1!1e3 Switch was there, now gone; https://www.google.com/maps/@42.27169,- ... 880!8i2816
Amtrak Wolverines
NS Michigan Lines
Ann Arbor RR
The Monorail Society

Steven R. Williams

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ConrailDetr​oit »

WAMX 3879 switching Autoracks at Ottawa Yard.

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

AA IS SOUTHBOUND through Ann Arbor passing da big house
-Kurt Vonnegut

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

AA OS Warner road at 1030 this morning, arrive Milan SB at 1100am
Attachments
AA Warner Still.png
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown