Where Is It?

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
pudgy
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Where am I?

Unread post by pudgy »

Not Michigan, and was ripped from the web. Location is not concealed, but what is its fame? Should be recognizable from a recent milestone date we all just passed...

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.1450551 ... 312!8i6656
Just a Fat Guy

James Sofonia
Grand Traverse Dinner Train 1996

Unread post by James Sofonia »

pudgy wrote:Not Michigan, and was ripped from the web. Location is not concealed, but what is its fame? Should be recognizable from a recent milestone date we all just passed...

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.1450551 ... 312!8i6656
Port Hueneme Ca. S Ventura Rd RR Crossing that was used to film the finale of Back to the Future Part III. The milestone was the perdiction of the Cubs winning the series this year as depicted in the film.

pudgy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by pudgy »

Correct. They really dressed that spur track up to film the movie scenes. The milestone I referring to was the actual date of Oct 21st, the date they traveled to in the movie...
Just a Fat Guy

M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by M.D.Bentley »

Image[/url]
SEM . But, another time zone.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Because of your hint I'll guess Adrian but I don't know exactly where it is :?
M.D.Bentley wrote:Image[/url]
SEM . But, another time zone.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

GP30M4216
Saver of all History

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

That there be alongside Trolley Industrial Road in Taylor just north of the Wabash between Inkster and Holland! Was that entire industrial development built on the pretense of rail service to each place? There are lots of sidings back in there, mostly abandoned but a few still in use. This particular spur crossed Trolley Industrial northward to I-94. I really need a set of switch points.....now I've found some!

Another similar industrial park exists a short ways east of here east of Monroe Blvd.

James Sofonia

GP30M4216 wrote:
That there be alongside Trolley Industrial Road in Taylor just north of the Wabash between Inkster and Holland!
Neh. Street View says no.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

The industrial park off NS in Taylor was my first thought too but Taylor is in the same time zone so I eliminated it. Adrian, however, is in a different time zone from the rest of SE MI.
GP30M4216 wrote:
That there be alongside Trolley Industrial Road in Taylor just north of the Wabash between Inkster and Holland! Was that entire industrial development built on the pretense of rail service to each place? There are lots of sidings back in there, mostly abandoned but a few still in use. This particular spur crossed Trolley Industrial northward to I-94. I really need a set of switch points.....now I've found some!

Another similar industrial park exists a short ways east of here east of Monroe Blvd.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

The hint was a little misleading but you guys got it. The hint came from the timetable time split at "OJ" which had two clocks in the tower to keep things straight. I'am sure it drove the operator a little crazy. The industrial park was indeed built to attract rail customers, which have come and gone over the years. Trucks kinda took over this place, but rail still has a presents.

James Sofonia

Here we see the Google Street View Car crossing the tracks with the red lights flashing.

So what is making the red lights flash you ask? Lets spin around and look the other direction, why it must be this on comming locomotive!

Location is like the last one, somewhere in Michigan, but a different time zone.

Standard Railfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Standard Railfan »

Pixl wrote:Here we see the Google Street View Car crossing the tracks with the red lights flashing.

So what is making the red lights flash you ask? Lets spin around and look the other direction, why it must be this on comming locomotive!

Location is like the last one, somewhere in Michigan, but a different time zone.
!st Street Menominee near the entrance to the Dunn paper mill. The home of waxtex wax paper.

James Sofonia

Standard Railfan wrote:
Pixl wrote:Here we see the Google Street View Car crossing the tracks with the red lights flashing.
!st Street Menominee near the entrance to the Dunn paper mill. The home of waxtex wax paper.
Quite fast and quite correct. You must have been here before.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

Wow even the Google Street View car beats trains.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Looks like an industrial track. The train was probably stopped or slowly moving. Nothing to see here, move along.

:)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

At least now we know who was driving the car!
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

MQT1223 wrote:At least now we know who was driving the car!
:lol: :mrgreen:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

Standard Railfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Standard Railfan »

J T wrote:Looks like an industrial track. The train was probably stopped or slowly moving. Nothing to see here, move along.

:)
What if? Seeing the Google camera car impaled on the front coupler of a locomotive .......priceless.

(No injuries of course) :mrgreen:

M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Image[/url]
SEM . A recent acquisition for my collection. Good luck.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

It looks like somewhere between Trenton and Ecorse. That whole stretch looks alike to me. I'll try Wyandotte between Oak and Eureka?
M.D.Bentley wrote:Image[/url]
SEM . A recent acquisition for my collection. Good luck.

James Sofonia

The two guys nearest to the camera look to be in uniforms, and not US uniforms. So I'm guessing in Canada, maybe Windsor Ont.
Attachments
Where_and_Whena.jpg