GLC 329 being repainted?

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Re: GLC 329 being repainted?

Unread post by MQT1223 »

I was told is that 329 is supposed to be painted in a modified NYC "Cigar Band" scheme where it will be blue instead of black. I have no idea if there's any sustenance to that but I'm just contributing to the conversation.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

Erroneous Monk
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Erroneous Monk »

MQT1223 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2024 1:40 am
I was told is that 329 is supposed to be painted in a modified NYC "Cigar Band" scheme where it will be blue instead of black. I have no idea if there's any sustenance to that but I'm just contributing to the conversation.
I guess with ADBF replacing their GP9s, we're due for a new NYC-inspired scheme :lol:

dalek ling
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by dalek ling »

Erroneous Monk wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2024 7:26 am
MQT1223 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2024 1:40 am
I guess with ADBF replacing their GP9s, we're due for a new NYC-inspired scheme :lol:
I guess we’ll find out once 329 leaves Cadillac shops

kd_1014
Mike

Unread post by kd_1014 »

I was told it’s being painted in the BC Rail red white and blue scheme except it’s gonna be green blue and orange. Idk if it’s true though, a son of a son of a sailor told me that.

Erroneous Monk
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Erroneous Monk »

kd_1014 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2024 2:09 pm
I was told it’s being painted in the BC Rail red white and blue scheme except it’s gonna be green blue and orange. Idk if it’s true though, a son of a son of a sailor told me that.
The same one that went out on the sea for adventure, expanding the view of the captain and crew, like a man just released from indenture?

GRHC
Useless Poll Creator

Unread post by GRHC »

Erroneous Monk wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2024 2:23 pm
kd_1014 wrote:
The same one that went out on the sea for adventure, expanding the view of the captain and crew, like a man just released from indenture?
25 post in this thread and we still don't really know anything more than what we did in the beginning. Except for the fact that there are a few parrot heads that apparently frequent this website.

FYI: I am starting a rumor that GLC #329 is going to be a heritage unit à la CSX. The front will be painted in the GLC typical paint scheme with the back 3/4 of the locomotive painted in the orange Ann Arbor scheme.

joeyuboats
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by joeyuboats »

Actually, it will be painted in MILW. ROAD colors.

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

I was told it will be painted in Great Lakes Central colors.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

kd_1014 wrote:
You’ve made fun of me now twice in this thread, what’s your problem?
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

SD80MAC wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2024 6:40 pm
I was told it will be painted in Great Lakes Central colors.
Woah, that’s quite the hot take!
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

David Collins
Train Paparazzi

Unread post by David Collins »

Totally unrelated to all the bullsh*t happening in this thread, but is there any particular reason as to why 329 is being repainted in Cadillac rather than Owosso?
Ferris State University’s Train Guy

Youtube: Michigan Railfan Films

Flickr: David R. Collins

Snapchat: daveeed1k

dalek ling
Railroadfan...fan

David Collins wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2024 6:49 am
Totally unrelated to all the bullsh*t happening in this thread, but is there any particular reason as to why 329 is being repainted in Cadillac rather than Owosso?
My guess is that the shops in Owosso are “booked” since 394 and 398 are in there getting fixed, so 329
Is up north, or there trying to make Cadillac shops a second Owosso shop for up north

Standard Railfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Standard Railfan »

David Collins wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2024 6:49 am
I don’t think the engine house in Cadillac sees much use in warmer weather. The extension was put on the north end to allow two locomotives to stay inside during freezing conditions. Since the space isn’t needed. Why not paint the locomotive there?

Reuben Kincaid
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Reuben Kincaid »

Maybe the painter lives closer to Cadillac and dosen't want to drive to Owosso!!!

GLC 392
TSBY/GLC KID

Unread post by GLC 392 »

Reuben Kincaid wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2024 11:10 am
Maybe the painter lives closer to Cadillac and dosen't want to drive to Owosso!!!
You don't have to yell

dalek ling
Railroadfan...fan

So on Facebook, 329 is revealed and drum roll please
🥁🥁🥁

329 is repainted as a tribute engine for Louis P Ferris Jr, and the lettering and logo on the engine are New York Central System inspired.

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

The new "NYC style" logo is on their website now.

https://glcrailroad.com/?fbclid=IwY2xja ... IFfvI0EvUA

joeyuboats
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by joeyuboats »

So, OK-- neat logo, and nice loco-- but-- is ANYof the track that run on actually ex NYC?

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Oakley Branch, about 12 miles.

So many posts about an engine getting painted and not a single picture. How ironic is that?
joeyuboats wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2024 1:39 pm
So, OK-- neat logo, and nice loco-- but-- is ANYof the track that run on actually ex NYC?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Pie39
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Pie39 »

joeyuboats wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2024 1:39 pm
The Oakley branch is, so they've got that going for them.

I don't mean to instantly critique, but I wonder if my thoughts are shared by anyone else. The paint job itself is nice, and it's a neat addition to the roster...on its own. If this is the paint we'll see for everything going forward, I'll be a little disappointed, just because it's a little underwhelming. The current standard scheme most geeps wear is genuinely a good look, the white nose breaks up the blue and the stripes on the nose grab your attention. It makes for a great image for a regional railroad, because it doesn't look like any railroad around it.

Just my two cents. I know, I know...paint doesn't move freight!
Modeling the Ann Arbor Railroad in the 70's in N scale.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7JFDy ... ja0S1o7Q9A