JAIL reefer traffic?

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
fr8fiend
Railroadfan...fan

JAIL reefer traffic?

Unread post by fr8fiend »

Hi all,

I recently saw a cut of ~10 reefers parked on Adrian & Blissfield. Does anyone have any idea where these might’ve come from/where they might be going?

As far as I was aware, the only reefer traffic in MI was on CSX (Lake Odessa, Lansing, etc). However, these are typically cryotrans, whereas the ADBF were a mix of TILX, AOKX, JRSX, etc.

Does ADBF serve any customers using reefers? Or is there possibly another reason for them to have these?

Doktor No
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Adrian & Blissfield reefer traffic?

Unread post by Doktor No »

Were the wheels rusty? If they were then STORAGE.
Curb Your Enthusiasm.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

I wonder if they are going to OmniSource for scrapping?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

brianpwestgate
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by brianpwestgate »

Where were they? At first guess, I'd say storage or scrapping too.

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

fr8fiend wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2024 2:26 pm
Hi all,

I recently saw a cut of ~10 reefers parked on Adrian & Blissfield. Does anyone have any idea where these might’ve come from/where they might be going?

As far as I was aware, the only reefer traffic in MI was on CSX (Lake Odessa, Lansing, etc). However, these are typically cryotrans, whereas the ADBF were a mix of TILX, AOKX, JRSX, etc.

Does ADBF serve any customers using reefers? Or is there possibly another reason for them to have these?
You can add West Michigan RR to the list of reefer traffic in the state.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

LansingRailFan
Pabst Peddler

Unread post by LansingRailFan »

fr8fiend wrote:
Hi all,

Short-term storage in Cavanaugh Yard off of CSX.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Oh, Jackson and Lansing. I thought he meant the Adrian line.
LansingRailFan wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2024 1:00 pm
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

fr8fiend
Railroadfan...fan

brianpwestgate wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2024 7:49 pm
They were in Lansing, in what I assume was an ADBF storage yard. Would they be storing these for a different RR? Or does ADBF serve any reefer customers?

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

fr8fiend wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2024 2:49 pm
brianpwestgate wrote:
They were in Lansing, in what I assume was an ADBF storage yard. Would they be storing these for a different RR? Or does ADBF serve any reefer customers?
When referring to ADBF ops in Lansing, that is *technically* the Jackson & Lansing RR.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

fr8fiend
Railroadfan...fan

LansingRailFan wrote:
fr8fiend wrote:
Hi all,

Yep, that’s the place! Does this mean they’re being stored for use by CSX, rather than ADBF?

fr8fiend
Railroadfan...fan

SD80MAC wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2024 2:57 pm
fr8fiend wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2024 2:49 pm
brianpwestgate wrote:
When referring to ADBF ops in Lansing, that is *technically* the Jackson & Lansing RR.
Interesting, I didn’t even realize that was a thing. I see that they interchange with both CN and CSX in Lansing. Still not sure what to make of them suddenly storing reefers, but it was very cool to see!

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

ADBF (JAIL) is storing them for CSX until they are needed again
fr8fiend wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2024 3:03 pm
Yep, that’s the place! Does this mean they’re being stored for use by CSX, rather than ADBF?

fr8fiend
Railroadfan...fan

SD80MAC wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2024 10:01 am
fr8fiend wrote:
Hi all,

You can add West Michigan RR to the list of reefer traffic in the state.
Thank you! Are they only handling the reefers from the Lineage warehouse in Hartford? Or do they have other reefer customers as well?

brianpwestgate
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by brianpwestgate »

Probably best to simply say JAIL is storing whatever cars are offered them to store. It just so happens these are reefers.

Hogger1225
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Hogger1225 »

LansingRailFan wrote:
fr8fiend wrote:
Hi all,

C'mon, you know better! "Cavanaugh (RD) Yard isn't off of CSX.
I used to get paid for doing what all of you like to watch!

Mike H
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Mike H »

AARR wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2024 3:06 pm
fr8fiend wrote:
CSX doesn’t have anything to do with those cars being stored. I had the cars sent there, the JAIL is just doing me a favor. The cars will be gone soon enough & then everyone can calm down.

Mike H

GRHC
Useless Poll Creator

Unread post by GRHC »

Mike H wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2024 3:02 am
AARR wrote:
fr8fiend wrote:
CSX doesn’t have anything to do with those cars being stored. I had the cars sent there, the JAIL is just doing me a favor. The cars will be gone soon enough & then everyone can calm down.

Mike H
Mike H has spoken time to put this thread to bed.

Being old I can remember when they loaded produce into refrigerated box cars in Hudsonville Michigan.

LansingRailFan
Pabst Peddler

Unread post by LansingRailFan »

Hogger1225 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2024 5:58 pm
LansingRailFan wrote:
fr8fiend wrote:
Hi all,

C'mon, you know better! "Cavanaugh (RD) Yard isn't off of CSX.
Sorry. The cars came from CSX.
Mike H wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2024 3:02 am
AARR wrote:
fr8fiend wrote:

Mike H
I never divulge secrets of the class threes but yes, they came from Mike H Inc. LLC for short-term storage for Simplot.

good luck with em...i opened all the doors and am turning them into tiny houses right now for our hoboes. maybe if you end up with the cars again the hoboes can work on your track gang.

Typhoon
Rock you like a Hurricane

Unread post by Typhoon »

LansingRailFan wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2024 8:31 am

I never divulge secrets of the class threes but yes, they came from Mike H Inc. LLC for short-term storage for Simplot.

You might want to delete that post, don't want other short lines to know that car storage is a thing. They might try and steal the buisness. :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:

GRHC
Useless Poll Creator

Unread post by GRHC »

Typhoon wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2024 3:40 pm
LansingRailFan wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2024 8:31 am

You might want to delete that post, don't want other short lines to know that car storage is a thing. They might try and steal the buisness. :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:
I've never met this Typhoon fella but I like him he's got chutzpah.
LansingRailFan i've got news for you if you're in the know then it is a poorly guarded secret at best or it is not a secret at all.