GLC 329 being repainted?

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
GLC@ZLT
Railroadfan...fan

Re: GLC 329 being repainted?

Unread post by GLC@ZLT »

Photo credit to Mark Shetenhelm (who I believe is AANscaleRunner on here) posted on GLC fb page today
Attachments
79325CE0-3AF3-460B-B748-ACB18BF4DD81.jpeg

Erroneous Monk
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Erroneous Monk »

GLC@ZLT wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2024 5:26 pm
Photo credit to Mark Shetenhelm (who I believe is AANscaleRunner on here) posted on GLC fb page today
Looks like you're going to need a PFP update ZLT!

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Thank you.

It's a little bland but I still like it although I know I will be in the minority.
GLC@ZLT wrote:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

dalek ling
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by dalek ling »

AARR wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2024 6:22 pm
Thank you.

It's a little bland but I still like it although I know I will be in the minority.
GLC@ZLT wrote:
Well it isn’t the AA scheme people were hoping for, but honestly I’m all for it, they really spend time on it, and some workers have said they even redone the inside of the cabs to make them nicer, now these being the new corporate Scheme, I’m mix, the logo I love, we don’t got much with New York Central System. But the scheme is iffy. Other then that, I’m all for this new “era” of the GLC

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

I would LOVE to see a heritage unit with the Ann Arbor orange and Michigan Interstate "Ferry in the Fog" logo!
dalek ling wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2024 7:04 pm
Well it isn’t the AA scheme people were hoping for...
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

dalek ling
Railroadfan...fan

AARR wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2024 7:18 pm
I would LOVE to see a heritage unit with the Ann Arbor orange and Michigan Interstate "Ferry in the Fog" logo!
dalek ling wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2024 7:04 pm
Well it isn’t the AA scheme people were hoping for...
Unless WATCO lets GLC do it to a GP35, we won’t be seeing it anytime soon unfortunately

joeyuboats
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by joeyuboats »

The A A original scheme would be great--- not so much the Mich. Int., as that was in the final, painful years of the Annie.

Pie39
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Pie39 »

joeyuboats wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2024 8:51 pm
The A A original scheme would be great--- not so much the Mich. Int., as that was in the final, painful years of the Annie.
Every era and scheme had “painful years”. The big orange billboard scheme saw the bankruptcy of the DT&I and desperation of Conrail as an operator. Ferry in the Fog would, in my opinion, give them an opportunity to keep the stylized “AA” logo, and where it read “ann arbor railroad system”, it could read GLC as well. Just a thought :D
Modeling the Ann Arbor Railroad in the 70's in N scale.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7JFDy ... ja0S1o7Q9A

Erroneous Monk
Railroadfan...fan

Would assume Watco owns the rights to all variations of the AA scheme

chapmaja
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by chapmaja »

Erroneous Monk wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2024 9:56 pm
That may or may not be the case. It might take a lot of digging through court records to determine who actually holds the rights to the various schemes and such, given that there were multiple bankruptcies and purchases / sales involved over the years.

Just because the railroad property has gone through various owners doesn't mean everything attached to it went along with it.

It is possible WATCO owns the rights to the paint schemes, but it is also possible they don't have any claim to anything prior to the 1988 version of the company (which they purchased) either.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

At least we are getting 394 in the TSBY paint, and 1977 just went across the system for the first time in decades. Lots of old paint moving around.

Would be cool to get 394, 1977 and 1226 together to have all three TSBY units outside the shops for a pic.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

Steve B
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Steve B »

Pie39 wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2024 9:18 pm
wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2024 8:51 pm
The big orange billboard scheme saw the bankruptcy of the DT&I
The DT&I didn't go bankrupt in its later decades, just the AA did in 1973 when it couldn't pay back a loan to the DT&I for the "Viking" rebuilding. DT&I was one of the few profitable RR subsidiaries of Penn Central.

Steve B
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Steve B »

Erroneous Monk wrote:
"The Ann Arbor Railroad Company" ultimately was dissolved in 2010, having remained a paper subsidiary of Penn Central/American Premier Underwriters. It retained certain land and assets not otherwise bought by the state or GTW. For example, the PC leased the "Viking" to the state and sold it to Peterson Builders after ferry service ended. All that Watco bought was the 1988-incorporated "Ann Arbor Acquisition Corp." and its Toledo-Osmer line & equipment.

The AA image rights likely are a free for all at this point. This site turns up zilch. https://tmsearch.uspto.gov/search/search-information It shows that the PC and GT logos are "dead," registration hasn't been renewed for decades. UP and CN logos very much alive.

dalek ling
Railroadfan...fan

Steve B wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2024 5:33 pm
Erroneous Monk wrote:
"The Ann Arbor Railroad Company" ultimately was dissolved in 2010, having remained a paper subsidiary of Penn Central/American Premier Underwriters. It retained certain land and assets not otherwise bought by the state or GTW. For example, the PC leased the "Viking" to the state and sold it to Peterson Builders after ferry service ended. All that Watco bought was the 1988-incorporated "Ann Arbor Acquisition Corp." and its Toledo-Osmer line & equipment.

The AA image rights likely are a free for all at this point. This site turns up zilch. https://tmsearch.uspto.gov/search/search-information It shows that the PC and GT logos are "dead," registration hasn't been renewed for decades. UP and CN logos very much alive.
So in that case, if GLC really wanted to do another heritage unit after 394, they can do Ann Arbor Orange and black, and not the Ann Arbor Railroad Systems like what 3879 is

kd_1014
Mike

Unread post by kd_1014 »

I’m thinking they’re repainting units to look good for the implementation of A2TC

Erroneous Monk
Railroadfan...fan

Steve B wrote: The AA image rights likely are a free for all at this point. This site turns up zilch. https://tmsearch.uspto.gov/search/search-information It shows that the PC and GT logos are "dead," registration hasn't been renewed for decades. UP and CN logos very much alive.
Thanks for the info, sounds like how Robert Riley was able to scoop up the CRIP rights.