ADBF Officer Daniels

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

ADBF Officer Daniels

Unread post by AARR »

Hey guys, if any of you are playing a practical joke on me involving ADBF and Officer Daniels it's very important to let me know. Otherwise I'll be contacting ADBF tomorrow about him.

Officer Daniels from ADBF police force contacted me at 8:45pm on Saturday, Oct 18. He wanted to verify my vehicle info because the Detroit Connecting Line's engine was vandalized and they had a picture of my vehicle on their property. I have never been on DCRR's property...

At first I cooperated because I don't know my vehicles license plate number and I wanted to confirm he had bad information. However, the vehicle info he had was correctly mine...but I have never been on Detroit Connecting railroad property. So he can't have a picture of my vehicle on their property.

When I told him he had my correct vehicle info but he can't have a picture because I was never on their property he proceeded to warn me that the next time I'm on their property without written permission I can be prosecuted (he repeated this several times). He referenced my Detroit Connecting post at this website about the gondola's as evidence I was on their property. I told him I saw those gondola's from I-94.

Then I got mad, I wanted to find out where he got my info and wanted to see the picture. He gave me a phone number and superior's name (F. Lee Baily) and hung up on me.

So if this is someone on this board playing a joke on me, that's fine. But it's important to let me know.

But if Officer Daniels is real and the call was legitimate his boss will want to know about it. ADBF depends on railfans for their dinner trains. Railfans can also be helpful if they see shanninigans going on any of the ADBF properties by alerting them of trouble.

But Officer Daniels lied about a picture of my vehicle on their property, he incorrectly threatened me by insinuating that "the next time" I'm on their property I can be prosecuted. And he hung up when I requested the evidence that led to his phone call.

I understand officers have a job to do. I respect lawful authority. That's why when Officer Daniels first called I cooperated. But Officer Daniels overstepped his authority with the lie about my vehicle being on their property and the threat of prosecution when I've never been on their property.

If Officer Daniels is real, shame on him for embarrassing other officers who professionally perform their duties. He is very unprofessional and a bully.

If this is a joke, and someone does not fess up, it's going to give railfans and this message board a blackeye when I contact the owner of ADBF.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Do you have caller ID? Couldn't you just call the number back he called from, OR call the ADBF police and ask for Officer Daniels?

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Do you have caller ID? Couldn't you just call the number back he called from, OR call the ADBF police and ask for Officer Daniels?
Officer Daniels had his number blocked. He gave me a number to ADBF's emergency hotline. That's ok, I know who to call and how to contact them.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by M.D.Bentley »

F.Lee.Bailey is a west coast high profile lawyer. I think someone is tuggin on your leg. Been all around the DCON without having to go on there property. The reefers are unloaded at the team track on Trombly street. Covered gon's were from the enviromentel company. Biggest customer is the scrap yard. The Boomer Co. gets material loaded in gon's. They (DCON) have been doing track recently.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

F.Lee.Bailey is a west coast high profile lawyer.
Yes, that's why I'm wondering if this is a joke from someone on this board.

But it's also possible that Officer Daniels realized, when I wanted answers, that he made a mistake and needed to get off the line quick and was being a smart a$$.

If somone on this board is just being a prankster I wish they'd let me know.

If no one owns up to it by tomorrow I'm calling ADBF.

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

Maybe it's just me, but I seriously doubt a shortline like ADBF has their own police department.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Maybe it's just me, but I seriously doubt a shortline like ADBF has their own police department.
Unless someone mans up that it's a joke I'll be contacting ADBF and it's railfans and message boards that'll get a black eye.
Last edited by AARR on Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

esprrfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by esprrfan »

I agree with Jon, besides Don I would think a "offical contact" would of been in person. Added with the reference to a post on here did he search EVERY RR board on the net looking for you? Me thinks your leg is being pulled!

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Added with the reference to a post on here did he search EVERY RR board on the net looking for you? Me thinks your leg is being pulled!
They had my vehicle license plate, home address, phone number, all info that takes time to find. All someone has to do is own up to the practical joke and the matter is dropped. No big deal. But unless someone does, I'm following through.

GP9R
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GP9R »

I agree with Jon on this, the ADBF doesn't seem like they would have a police force. This also sounds like something that happened on another board. One of the members had a problem with the UPRR Police. He received a call and a few hours later he was visited by a UPRR Police officer. But this sounds like a joke.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

It's odd someone went to the trouble of getting my vehicle license plate, home address, and phone number, for a joke.

As the day goes on, and no one steps forward, I'm more inclined to believe that last night's call was not a joke.

I'll be contacting Mr. Dobronski tomorrow. In fact, his office in Westland is not far from my office...but I'm sure we'll be handle this by phone.

Stitch
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Stitch »

Joke or not I would call the railroad. Might even call/goto your local police department and file a report. Someone wandering around with your info brings up identity theft issues.
Railpictures.net contributions -
Railroad Picture Archives.net - http://crow_t_robot.rrpicturearchives.net/
http://www.youtube.com/user/Spawn674 - I need a better video camera

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Unread post by Scooterb »

Might even call/goto your local police department and file a report. Someone wandering around with your info brings up identity theft issues.
Good call Stitch

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Unread post by Scooterb »

Detroit Connecting Railroad (DCON)
24 Hour Pager - Dale Pape (517) 204-4574

Charlotte Southern Railroad (CHS)

Adrian & Blissfield Railroad (ADBF)

Does not look like they have a police force.

Also if called again get a badge #
Full name
Superiors name and contact info.

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

EMDSteve
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Joke or not I would call the railroad. Might even call/goto your local police department and file a report. Someone wandering around with your info brings up identity theft issues.
That's part of my plan
Also if called again get a badge #
Full name
Superiors name and contact info.
He hung up after I asked for this
EMDSteve
Crossed my mind :roll:

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

The only hard part would be getting your license plate number. The rest would be pretty simple, considering how pervasive Google has gotten as well as the fact that you can access the white pages from the internet now. And how often have you mentioned you live in the Washington, Michigan area online, Don?

As far as it being Steve P (EMDACeSteve), I can't say.
Admin edit: removed comments per Patrick's wishes.

User edit: just realized Patrick was offended. My most sincere apologies to Patrick (and Zack who had to take the time to remove the rest of the post).
Last edited by GreatLakesRailfan on Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
~ Charles W.

Norm
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Norm »

He hung up after I asked for this
A real cop wouldn't do that.
Norm

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Patrick and I are on good terms but I supposed anything is possible.

Steve P is miffed at me for my comments about his anxiety with EHH. He takes our spats far more seriously than I do.

Because some laws have been broken if it turns out there's no Officer Daniels at ADBF I'll have to notify the authorities.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Patrick sent me an email and said most emphatically he would not do something like this. I believe him. I still have to call ADBF, who knows, maybe they do have an officer Daniels and he's just a bad employee. If not, then I move to plan B.