ADBF Officer Daniels

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Just left a very detailed message for Mr. Dobronski...
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Garry K
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Garry K »

Don, for one thing, since the perp knows where you live, don't post any messages here about when you might be out railfanning or away from home for an extended period of time, just so they won't know when to go to your house and cause mischief while you're away.

Second, since they were impersonating a police officer, when you file a police report the police should be able to get the real phone number that was used to call you at the time and date in question, regardless of whether or not it was blocked by the caller at the time.

Some of you folks may remember when I got into a "discussion" with the nefarious "JC" character (not JC in Summerfield, just "JC") over on the Michigan Railroads board a couple of years ago. At that time, I got a physical letter mailed to my house that was mildly threatening. I posted pictures of the pages of that letter, and what I would do if I caught the perp. So the board ops canceled my account while doing nothing about JC at the time.

Of course, I may never know who that anonymous coward was, but I HATE anonymous cowards. If you got a problem with me, we can get together to discuss it. Heck, if you want to take a punch at me (inadvisable, BTW!) go ahead and do that too, just don't go sneaking around behind a coward's cloak of anonymity!

Garry K

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Thanks GaRRy, I'm not worried about them coming over. Bully's are all talk and no action.

I've got some interesting info for the authorities...stay tuned
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Garry K wrote:Some of you folks may remember when I got into a "discussion" with the nefarious "JC" character (not JC in Summerfield, just "JC") over on the Michigan Railroads board a couple of years ago.
Just a quick comment on this... that same "JC" registered here... i waited for him to make his first post... of course it had negative thoughts towards railfans as expected, and banned his account immediately. I knew that he had diarrhea of the mouth from his actions on that other site, and didn't want to tolerate it here.

Don, I hope you find out whatever the truth is behind that phone call to you. Let me know if I can be of any assistance.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

JCinSummerfield
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by JCinSummerfield »

Thanks for the clarification, GaRRy! I'm interested in trains only. I'm not here to start anything with anybody, and I hope Don's problem is solved soon, for the best. Someday, GaRRy, I want to bring my kid up to Ann Arbor and check out your layout - if it's still up.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

What's with the "RR" in Garry's name, Don and JC? haha

BerkshireKid
sofa king we todd

Unread post by BerkshireKid »

I THINK DON IS DOING THIS ONLY TO INCREASE HIS POST COUNT!!!!! :D :D :P :P
Hopefully it gets straightened (BIG WORD) out for ya Don. Good luck

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

DR- :lol: :lol: :lol:

J T - Once upon a time GaRRy signed his name that way with the RR sybolizing RailRoads. Even though he stopped I liked it so much I continue the practice. Of course if he asked me to stop I would...reluctantly.

JC and Zack - Thanks and I'll keep everyone posted. Nothing new to report today.

I have better things to do but possibly some laws were broken and I believe I have the duty to follow through. Doing the right thing is not always convenient but usually rewarding :)

Garry K
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Garry K »

Actually, the first time I signed my name "GaRRy" it was a typo--I didn't do it deliberately. But it does make sense since I'm into RRs.

Regarding my layout. It's still never had scenery applied, and since my house in A2 is up for sale if and when the house sells I'll have to dismantle it. I'm looking to buy a house in the Livonia area where I will rebuild the layout (planning a multiple level layout in the new location).

Since my current layout is on borrowed time, I reckon I should try to have an operating session there, although I only have three throttles (I have EasyDCC). That's all the layout would reasonably support, though, one engine working each side of the yard, and one road engine/consist to take cars from Ottawa Yard to Osmer. If anyone would be interested in that, contact me through the messaging as I'm not going to post my home info online.

GaRRy K

Norm
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Norm »

Don,

I'm truly interested in the reply you get from Mr. Dobronski; here's the reason.

The person who contacted you did not act in a professional manner. He hung up on you when you asked his badge number. A real cop would have provided that posthaste. Cops are required to say their badge number when asked, and must produce a photo identification card if you request it. That applies even if they are in uniform. All cops are required to carry their ID card because a badge can be purchased by anyone. Trust me on the latter. I hang out with a bunch of Oakland County deputies.

That said, I can't help but feel some idiot has perpetrated a nasty practical joke that should come back to haunt him, and possibly get some jail time for impersonating. IIRC, impersonating an officer can be a felony. Were I in your shoes, I would turn all the information you have over to the appropriate authorities and let them pursue the meathead. Given the date and time you received the call, the real cops can get the number the call was made from. People who do things like that need to be removed from the streets.
Norm

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

I just spoke with the COO. She was professional with me so I'll keep her name confidential. We had a pleasant conversation. She did not deny an Officer Daniels works there nor did she confirm. She said she'd look into it and get back to me.

Like Officer Daniels, she did not know you can see the scrap yard and ex-GTW Cold Storage Warehouse yard from the I-94 bridge. So she too wanted to know how I knew the number of cars sitting on the property (30-50 is not exactly a precise guess so I'm not sure why that's an issue) and whether they were empty or not (when you look down you can see inside if there's loads in them or not). And they can read that I could not answer RRTTF's question about gondola roadnames because you cannot see that from I-94 unless you stop and look...which I did not do.

The difference was Officer Daniels was threatening, lied about so-called evidence of a photo of my vehicle on their property, and looked up private information without cause. She listened and discussed the matter with me.

Quite frankly guys, if ADBF tells me there is an Officer Daniels there, admits he was out of line, and they will discipline him, as long as my council says it's ok, I'm done with it. I'm moving on.

If they say there's no Officer Daniels there, or they don't get back to me in timely, then I have to report this to the authorities.

It'll just be easier if Officer Daniels does work at ADBF and they tell me they'll handle it.

amtrakjackson
Deactivated

Unread post by amtrakjackson »

This smells of 'stalker' territory. That guy isn't a cop, I'm betting.

I had my very own online stalker earlier this year. Said he worked for the Justice Department, he got my personal info, and he accessed my e-mail account. His threats became less veiled and downright crazy. He backed off after I invited him to come out here and "bring it on like a man".

I'd tell the "officer" to **** off, myself.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

This smells of 'stalker' territory. That guy isn't a cop, I'm betting.
Great, famous men get stalked by beautiful gorgous women...I'm stalked by a wanna-be officer with a small weenie :roll:

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

I've made a few boo-boos in my life...things that at the time I did them seemed right and then later I realized I was wrong. If it affected another person I'll own up to my mistake, apologize, accept the consequences of my actions, and vow to try and do better.

My suggestion to Officer Daniel is admit your mistake, say your sorry, if you betrayed your duty tell your boss. Do it and this thing ends. The longer you drag this out the more you have to lose...think about it...but not to long.

Norm
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Norm »

Don,

Considering the gravity of the situation, and the possibility you could be charged with a misdemeanor, I would suggest you contact the State Police and give them all the information you have.

As I said previously, that dude needs a reality check. If he is indeed a RR cop, he is way off base. OTOH, I suspect he is just another prankster.
Norm

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Norm, I was never on DCON property. I've done nothing wrong...not a thing. I get the impression they truly did not know you can see the gondola's from I-94 and someone is shocked to find out that you can :shock: . Plus someone made a big mistake by saying they have a photo of me on DCON property and looking up my personal info and threatening me without cause.

You're right, I may have to call the state police to CYA. But it'd be nice if Officer Daniel does the right thing so that need is diminshed.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Filed a police report with Macomb Sheriffs... :roll: . I've got better things to do but have to follow through.

Norm
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Norm »

Let's hope it gets followed up. There was a blurb on WDIV's web site this morning about someone who had lights and a siren on his car, and had the misfortune of trying to stop two uniformed Ann Arbor city cops in an unmarked car.

Could be the same meathead.
Norm

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Unread post by Scooterb »

Hope they get them Don

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

I haven't lost one second of sleep over this. I'm operating on what i think the right thing is to do. I'd rather ignore it.

I'll tell you one thing though, if "Officer Daniels" ever comes clean on this he'd better hope it's with me rather than my wife because she'll show no mercy on him. It's funny, I'm the one trained in self-defense and gun operation but it's my wife whose the warrior :D