CSX GRE MQT Train Location Update 11-4-08

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

CSX GRE MQT Train Location Update 11-4-08

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

Crew on duty at the GRE. No sign of any activity so they might be out on the line already. Gate is unlocked on the office door which is unusual if they are out but no one appeared to be inside. Looked north from Richmond (went out of the way to do the crew check due to the detour 8)) and there's a high green. Late Z151, the local or lined for the GRE to go north - don't know :? .

Election day - be sure and vote regardless of your choice :)

Just heard the whistling - NB at 6:55

Tlout
WZZM's "train expert"

Unread post by Tlout »

X500-03 heading through Holland - 8:30 AM. Power CP 9737.

trnwatcher
My name ain't Steven

Unread post by trnwatcher »

X500-03 CP9737 Ivanrest
0911 w/53 cars

RN told track inspector waiting at Grandville that Q326 is short on time at E. Saugatuck hoping to make Wyoming before going on the law.
Steven F. Shick
http://www.youtube.com/user/trnwatcher
http://www.trnwatcher.net

I.T. guy/Railfan
"The true railfan has two favorite railroads....the Baltimore & Ohio and another one." - Charles S. Roberts

Tlout
WZZM's "train expert"

Unread post by Tlout »

Q326 went through Holland about 10 minutes ago (darn conference call kept me from posting earlier).

MDH
rp.net addict

Unread post by MDH »

CSXT 7511 (leader of 6 assorted CSXT engines) just rolled up the Toledo Branch into Stanley around 11:20AM this morning with a mixed freight. Just out of curiousity, what train was that??

Thanks,
Michael

SteveHiuzenga
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by SteveHiuzenga »

Y121 is switching Zeeland during the lunch hour. Got to see Tim and his wife watching it as well. (that was me in the blue van waving like an idiot at you....)

Nice sunny day and I finally got the pictures I wanted of them going through the weeds and tall grass to switch VanDenBosch's Feed Mill.

amtrak1007
MP 25 Productions Co-Founder

Unread post by amtrak1007 »

Y194 came out west from Lamar around 1245. Thought they were gonna go mess with the GONS on the reefer track, but not. They ended up working PCA. Rumor has it that they will be working the lumber company tomorrow.

Q326 had to wait for a short timed light power movement before they could head east.

Track inspector is checking between SAS Market and north.
Last edited by amtrak1007 on Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pudgy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by pudgy »

Y121 is switching Zeeland during the lunch hour.
Hey Steve, that was me and a friend in the blue dodge ram that pulled up. I had a thought it might be you, since you work out that way.

Great to see the elevator still being utilized. I was worried when it burned a few years ago that the rail traffic would cease, but it almost seems to be busier than before.

Also, Doc,

or any one that might know.

How many cars were on inbound Q326-03 this morning. Had 3 units, and seemed like 100 + cars. They scretched from Ivanrest all the way back to Broadway in Grandville. Heard 6700 feet, but was trying to get a precise car count. Thanks.
Just a Fat Guy

Tlout
WZZM's "train expert"

Unread post by Tlout »

SteveHiuzenga wrote:Y121 is switching Zeeland during the lunch hour. Got to see Tim and his wife watching it as well. (that was me in the blue van waving like an idiot at you....)

Nice sunny day and I finally got the pictures I wanted of them going through the weeds and tall grass to switch VanDenBosch's Feed Mill.
Steve - I thought that might be you, but didn't recognize the van! That was my youngest son with me - he doesn't have classes at Grand Valley on Tuesdays until the PM, so we voted and headed over to Zeeland. We had to leave sooner than I wanted - my son said that he got a text message from some female college student that he had a 1:00 PM lunch date with so he needed to head back to school...

SteveHiuzenga
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by SteveHiuzenga »

Eric...I wondered, but I was in hurry to get those shots and back to work so I wouldn't be late and in trouble with da man.

Tim...i saw someone in the passenger seat so I assumed....I was going to turn around and introduce myself, but I needed to get home, let the dogs out, shove food down my throat and head back out. I was hoping I would meet up with you later either at Zeeland Lumber or the feed mill

tsinoms
Adult Gerber Baby

Unread post by tsinoms »

Q326 left with 8826 on lead with 7739 and 5501 on trail.. about 10-15 cars. N914 came in with CSX 4808 and 36. THat was the light power holding up Q326. Track inspector going north on the wye, 2494 and 9163 were hooked together. CSX 5569 also in still. 1238 and a drone switching the east end. 2 Reffers at the cold storage. Get out and vote today!!!
This is my life. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

If this is a problem get used to it.

rob
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by rob »

or any one that might know.

How many cars were on inbound Q326-03 this morning. Had 3 units, and seemed like 100 + cars. They scretched from Ivanrest all the way back to Broadway in Grandville. Heard 6700 feet, but was trying to get a precise car count. Thanks.[/quote]

Q32604 62 loads 47 empty 9,000 tons 6500 long

Rob

Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

Unread post by Racer »

A yellow signal is lit west of Plymouth Diamond for a train from Toledo via Southwest Wye. Is Q335 late out of Stanley or is this a grain extra?
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."

Typhoon
Rock you like a Hurricane

Unread post by Typhoon »

MDH wrote:CSXT 7511 (leader of 6 assorted CSXT engines) just rolled up the Toledo Branch into Stanley around 11:20AM this morning with a mixed freight. Just out of curiousity, what train was that??

Thanks,
Michael
Q21803

PlymouthStationGuy
Railroadfan...fan

Q32704

Unread post by PlymouthStationGuy »

@14:20 Q32704 CSX 8511, 8050 15 cars
but the catch of the day Q15004 with BNSF 559 and BNSF 8207
( 8207 still in red and silver war bonnet paint)
Plymouth Station Guy
Please do not poke at the ramp agent because he has the power to make your vacation
memorable or miserable. It all depends on what flight you bags go on.

Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

Unread post by Racer »

As I'm typing there is a southbound grain extra coming off the Southwest Wye (Maybe from Webberville?) with CSX 7567 and CSX 7557 for power. Also, CSX 1177 (MP15) was switching as Y107 and has just come back to North Yard.
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."

Steamlogger
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Steamlogger »

Tom, Marquette was north across the diamond just before 7:00 this morning. With two GPs and about 60 cars.

Also on my way home from work. I saw that Padnos at Front and Wealthy had a MQT box car. Usually they have Railbox cars. These cars must be used for high value scrap.

Robb

pudgy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by pudgy »

Q32604 62 loads 47 empty 9,000 tons 6500 long

Rob
Thanks Rob. I knew I had to be close. Thanks to you too Doc. I understand your no car counter, a fantastic sorter however. Just assumed you'd maybe have access to a manifest for the train.
Just a Fat Guy

Tlout
WZZM's "train expert"

Unread post by Tlout »

Here's what I saw in Holland late this afternoon:

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

SteveHiuzenga wrote:Y121 is switching Zeeland during the lunch hour. Got to see Tim and his wife watching it as well. (that was me in the blue van waving like an idiot at you....)

Let's see 'em! :)
Tlout wrote:Here's what I saw in Holland late this afternoon:
Holy cow, those leaves are looking brown already. Jon H and I were just there on Sunday and they didn't look like they had gone funny orange or yellow yet.

Did you ever get any shots on Monday night before sunset?