Ann Arbor Layout

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Ann Arbor Layout

Unread post by CAT345C »

Okay guys I know its not really strictly based on anything but my layout is based on the AA trackage when they barrowed some of the LS&I units breifly. I've finsihed building my power roster today. I know have the following all DC for roster:
GP38- CNW 1
C40-8 CNW 1
RSD15 LS&I 2
RS1 LS&I 1
U30C LS&I 1
C30-7 with Sound LS&I 1
GP35 Ann Arbor 1 (might get a TSBY one)
Right now I pull the local with the RS1 and leave the RSD15 to the through trains. Once i finish the block system I should be able to multiple trains running around at once. I've also got a second siding that will also allow me to bypass my main switching area but still look like its a single main.
My industries so far are a trans flo facilty. A grain elevator (also gets Corn Syrup) Lumber yard, small scarp yard attached to the lumber yard. A sand and gravel operation (only for the construction models :) ) I will prolly add a few more after I go through the box that james gave me. I'm going to pack this layout as much as I possibly can.

On that note, I'm also building a 1:50 scale layout with my buddy Brendan. He is heavly into the 1:50th scale diecast construction models and wants me to add a railroad to it so he can model some RJ Corman Stuff. The cool thing is we plan to lay and grade out the track on real dirt so we can have berms and banks and all that cool stuff.
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e

GP9R
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Ann Arbor Layout

Unread post by GP9R »

Where are the pictures!??

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Layout diagram if you have a chance, Mike. Thanks.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Railnut
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by Railnut »

Wait..6 axle power on the AA!!!??? Thats new...lets see some pics, Mike!!!!
Dave C

JANGAJONGA
Epic Fail B34 Master

Unread post by JANGAJONGA »

I gotta a rsd-15 LS&I in vintage colors from broadway limited and i love it. are you going to get the athearn tsby gp-35?

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread post by CAT345C »

Layout Diagram sometime this week. I've got Paciaco coming over today to help me assemble some buildings. I also ordered 32 ore cars for my own run bys with the LS&I power.

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

What buildings!?! I gave you a bazilliion..... well about 10 to be exact and they will need to be spruced up....

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread post by CAT345C »

Heres my motive power for the layout not shown are two SOO SD40-2s and a CNW GP38 and C40-8(forsale)
35 Dollar custom U30C next to a Broadway Limited C30-7. Gotta fix the stripes and get the plow of the C30-7.
Atlas RS-1. Gotta add the front grab irons and might weather it.
Broadway Limited C30-7 DC with Sound, really sucks when trying to mu it. Needs to be DCC to get the full efect of sound. Really need to get rid of the snow plow and add becon's and atenas. I think this was a RCL unit that never got turned on.
Image.
Old school Athearn U30C. Custom painted. Needs a little work to the cab and some saftey stripping. But all in all not bad for a 35 dollar locomotive.
My Ann Arbor unit, not to impressed with the operations but what the hell looks pretty darn good.

And I'm pleased to say that I just won 32 LS&I ore cars off of Ebay for 205.00 bucks thats $6.40 a car. So thats my christmas present to me.