how and where do i find ....

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
Styles
Railroadfan...fan

how and where do i find ....

Unread post by Styles »

how and where would i find something like blue prints of the flint sub yard so i can program into a couple of pc railroad games i have?? names and track design and all that good stuff and maybe an aerial shot.

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

Good luck. Railroads keep stuff like blueprints locked up tight. I'd try and find a CN timetable or rule book for the Flint Sub.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

Railnut
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by Railnut »

Are you talking about the yard(in Flint) by the airport, or the old Belsay Rd yard(gone)? Also on the Flint Sub is the yard in Lansing, as well as the yard on the east end of the Flint Sub(Tunnel yard at Port Huron) and the Battle Creek Yard (in Battle Creek).
Dave C

Styles
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Styles »

Railnut wrote:Are you talking about the yard(in Flint) by the airport, or the old Belsay Rd yard(gone)? Also on the Flint Sub is the yard in Lansing, as well as the yard on the east end of the Flint Sub(Tunnel yard at Port Huron) and the Battle Creek Yard (in Battle Creek).
Dave C
Well i mainly interested in the flint one by the airport but if u get the belsay rd one that will be cool.

im also thinking of doing a HO scale model rr so anything will help

JA

SD40-2
Canada Eh!

Unread post by SD40-2 »

download this styles http://earth.google.com/

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

The CN yard near the airport is known as Torrey Yard. Named for a nearby road

Styles
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Styles »

SD40T2 wrote:download this styles http://earth.google.com/
this is a pretty cool program it just wont let u zoom in and make a clear picture unless u know something i dont.

BB
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by BB »

Styles wrote:this is a pretty cool program it just wont let u zoom in and make a clear picture unless u know something i dont.
Go zoom in to a place like Chicago and it gets pretty close to the ground with a clear picture.
MQT Rail pictures at [url=http://bbarch_railfan.rrpicturearchives.net/default.aspx]RRPictureArchives.NET[/url]
Brandon

EMDACESteve
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by EMDACESteve »

Torrey yard is the one on the east side of I-75. Its a staging yard for the GM plants. The yard across from the airport is called Bristol Rd.

Styles
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Styles »

well the names are great i still need some sort of track diagram and names{ie} main trk, track two, south 2 that stuff.

Styles
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Styles »

ok still need some input here

i hear the library might be a good place or do u think if i went to the good people of CN and ask them if they had a map on there wall if i could get a pictureof it ??

also someone mention a timetable book, where would one possibley find that info. any CN guys here care to help me out?!?!?!

GT Railfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GT Railfan »

Go to www.terraserver.microsoft.com. then type in flint. You need to go to the topographic map part and it gives you all the tracks that are in the yard. they are not labeled though. hope it works.
happy railfanning, Bob