ad for Norfolk and Waypal Railroad

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
geeps
Railroadfan...fan

ad for Norfolk and Waypal Railroad

Unread post by geeps »

I thought this was funny....
From the bob and Tom radio show
Thought that the people who haven't heard it would like to.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VDMs0E0 ... annel_page

GTW6401
how bout no

Re: ad for Norfolk and Waypal Railroad

Unread post by GTW6401 »

Bob and Tom is such a lame morning show. They used to be on in Flint but were recently replaced by the Free Beer and Hotwings show based at WGRD in Grand Rapids, but I don’t know what it is with me and morning shows. They all suck.

The one show I really liked was Deminski and Doyle in Detroit, but they have been off the air for a year but are thankfully coming back January 5th. Only problem is I don’t live in Detroit.

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Unread post by Scooterb »

Do like the clip, but Bob and Tom and most morning shows need to go. The canned/fake laughter on Bob and Tom just dont do it for me anymore.

RailsandTrucks
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by RailsandTrucks »

Thanks for the clip- thats the best thing I've heard out of bob and tom in a long time....

I agree with you guys on the morning show aspect, morning radio sucks for the most part. Drew and Mike I thought were the best-good mix instead of straight perversion or lame jokes. If you guys do ever get a chance though, Adam Carolla's show in LA on free fm is pretty good- its not what you'd expect from Adam, he's actually a pretty smart and witty guy-seems like he could be your neighbor- pretty down to earth. I used to listen to em all the time when I'd be out in LA or Phoenix working,
Keep on truckin........By Train!!!

geeps
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by geeps »

Wow, I remember Deminski and Doyal. Its been a long time since i listened to them. What station were they on?

RailsandTrucks
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by RailsandTrucks »

I think D and D were on 97.1 fm talk- or whatever they are calling themselves now (I stopped listening when they went from K-rock to a talk station). D and D are coming to WCSX (owned by the same people as, and in the same building, as the wrif) I think the freq is 94.7- they are replacing JJ and Lynne-who from what I've been told have been part of detroit radio for quite a while.....

Hope this helps,

Karl
Keep on truckin........By Train!!!

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

I miss my Howard Stern when he was on terrestrial radio... I don't have sat radio, so now I'm forced into either Free Beer (Bob and Tom suck) or playing CD's in the morning, in which CD's almost always win.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

I like Bob and Tom. Sometimes the stuff on the that show is really funny, and other times it's just, well, not that funny. Can't stand Free Beer and Hotwings, sometimes I listen to Todd Chance on 105.3 Hot FM, otherwise it's XM for me in the morning.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

The bit was so-so and the canned laughter is bad.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

railroadfan wrote:I miss my Howard Stern when he was on terrestrial radio... I don't have sat radio, so now I'm forced into either Free Beer (Bob and Tom suck) or playing CD's in the morning, in which CD's almost always win.
Just listen to talk/news radio. WGN rocks. No need for morning shows or CDs. :P
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

geeps
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by geeps »

I know a lot of people cant stand him, but my favorite is the Big Boy Show on 95.5. He's really funny

GTW6401
how bout no

Unread post by GTW6401 »

I used listen to Eric and Carson who were on afternoons at Banana 101.5 in Flint till they were fired from Regent. Regent also owns WGRD so thats why Free Beer and Hotwings is on in Flint now.

Deminski and Doyle left 97.1 after the switched formats to sports talk and moved them to the morning show. 97.1 cut so much that they decided to quit and the mid-day show was rehired for mornings because they really didnt have anyone else to hire. They havent been on because of their non-compete clause in their contracts which basically meant they couldnt be on another station in a Detroit market for a year. They replaced JJ and Lynne because they were also dragging behind Drew and Mike in the ratings, so Greater Media fiqured it would be good to have Mike in the morning and D&D under their control so they could have the 1 and 2 morning shows in the area.

Garry K
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Garry K »

The idiots on morning radio is what compelled to buy an alarm clock that plays CDs. Did that many years ago and now I can wake up to music I like.

Garry K

conrailmike
Signal Maintainer
Location: Less than 100' from CSX (LSRC) Saginaw Sub. MP 61.4 in Highland, MI

Unread post by conrailmike »

KrazyKarl84 wrote:I think D and D were on 97.1 fm talk- or whatever they are calling themselves now (I stopped listening when they went from K-rock to a talk station). D and D are coming to WCSX (owned by the same people as, and in the same building, as the wrif) I think the freq is 94.7- they are replacing JJ and Lynne-who from what I've been told have been part of detroit radio for quite a while.....

Hope this helps,

Karl
Yes, JJ and Lynne have been a part of Detroit radio since WWWW was a rock station (1970's I think) or at least JJ has, I'm not sure about Lynne.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Yes, JJ and Lynne have been a part of Detroit radio since WWWW was a rock station (1970's I think) or at least JJ has, I'm not sure about Lynne.
Lynne came on board later. I think she had a supporting role at first before being named with JJ. Although I never listened to them I was sad to hear they were let go.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

Unread post by Racer »

geeps wrote:I know a lot of people cant stand him, but my favorite is the Big Boy Show on 95.5. He's really funny
Big Boy is so annoying and they play the same song almost every 30 minutes! Plus, every night girls call in to Big Boy about how they are whores and cheat on their boyfriends and think it's funny, yet it's lame. Thank god my car stereo can play music from my Ipod.
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Unread post by CSX_CO »

I personally like Bob and Tom, but I get it on the flagship station in Indy, so it actually has relevent local content as far as traffic, news, and weather goes.

You have to remember they are basically an advertisement for the comedians that come on the show. All their stuff is 'scripted' and usually comes from the comedian's routine. They have exposed me to some comedians I probably never would have become interested in or heard about otherwise. Jim Gaffighan is a great example. I heard Fred Klet (sp?) on a 'best of' Christmas morning and it was pretty good. I think his delivery is what was so funny. He's from Wisconsin, but reminds me so much of the people I know in Michigan with the 'deadpan' delivery. I'd like to hear more of his stuff.

Practice Safe CSX

geeps
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by geeps »

Chrisracer8903 wrote: Big Boy is so annoying and they play the same song almost every 30 minutes! Plus, every night girls call in to Big Boy about how they are whores and cheat on their boyfriends and think it's funny, yet it's lame. Thank god my car stereo can play music from my Ipod.
Thats kind of why I said not many people can stand him. Mostly people who are jealous.....
but atleast your not making mixed CD's anymore =P

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread post by CAT345C »

I listen to big Boi because they say some funny stuff on there. Before that it was the buckhead show. In the mornings I listen to Chad and CJ on 106.7 the Fox, they mix it up good with music and stuff I might actually be interested in. Or I turn on 102.9, or Dave and Chuck the Freak on 89x (88.7) with Lisa way and sexy traffic!
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e

Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

Unread post by Racer »

geeps wrote:Thats kind of why I said not many people can stand him. Mostly people who are jealous.....
but atleast your not making mixed CD's anymore =P
Don't worry Andrew, you are Big Boy, just without the ladies or music, your just "Big". :)
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."