DURAND - ANYONE UP FOR A SPRING MEET????

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
David Lang
Railroadfan...fan

DURAND - ANYONE UP FOR A SPRING MEET????

Unread post by David Lang »

Well guys, a Spring Meet in Durand would be fun if enough were interested. Since April is still a bit cool yet, and Saturdays always have worked out well, our May Saturdays are May 2, 9, 16, 23, and 30. I suppose June would work too, but that's really not spring anymore, but if June is better, it doesn't matter to me.

Ok, lets vote - majority rules, but I do try to work this around everyone's schedule as much as I can.

Dave Lang

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Re: DURAND - ANYONE UP FOR A SPRING MEET????

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Dave, I know you don't get on this board that often, but please try to look or do a search through the threads here for info about meets before posting about it. You can search for "durand" or "deshler" and results come up.

We are having a little mini-meet in Durand May 9th, please see this thread: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12488

The main railroadfan.com meet we had a poll on is still in the spring, June 12-14, main day being June 13th in Deshler Ohio. Take a look at this thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11836

Locking down this thread.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

Railnut
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by Railnut »

Durand, Durand, Durand!!! The Spring and fall meets were a staple for years..sad this is no longer the case..I hope to be there!!!!!!!!!
I could bring burgers, buns, and pop if someone else brings charcoal for the grill.
Dave C

TrainNut85
Train Chaser

Unread post by TrainNut85 »

Dave just to mind you we're still over a month away from it. Wait until mid-April then remind everyone of the meet. Its still a long ways out and some ppl are unsure if they can make it or not.

Railnut
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by Railnut »

Well..yeah..lol. I figure I would put the shout out..best to try to get things buttoned down now than in the last week (LOL)..I would like to return the grandeur to the Durand meets.
Dave C

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Railnut wrote:Durand, Durand, Durand!!! The Spring and fall meets were a staple for years..sad this is no longer the case..I hope to be there!!!!!!!!!
I could bring burgers, buns, and pop if someone else brings charcoal for the grill.
Dave C

DURAND!!!!

Heh, I'll need to make a trip home somewhere around those dates anyway, so...if I have the chosen weekend off, I'll definitely try to make the meet. I too miss the old days of the Spring and Fall meets (and the abundance of activity on the message boards that the meets were first organized on...not that I don't appreciate the wealth of information here on Zack's site though).
~ Charles W.

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

yaaaay! Durand. count me in guys. It's for May 9th right?
Exit stage left

David Lang
Railroadfan...fan

OK guys, I think the logical thing to do is to combine your meet with the Lower Michigan Railroads meet to one big day, so May 9th works for us if it works for you all!!!! I look forward to it! All are welcome to attend. Come and go as you please. We will see you all there in Durand at the Durand Union Station on Saturday May 9th. As it gets closer, lets organize a few volunteers who want to bring hot dogs, buns, chips, cookies, etc so we can have lunch with the railfan grill!!!!

Zack - Thanks so much for your support!!!!

Dave Lang

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

David Lang wrote:OK guys, I think the logical thing to do is to combine your meet with the Lower Michigan Railroads meet to one big day, so May 9th works for us if it works for you all!!!! I look forward to it! All are welcome to attend. Come and go as you please. We will see you all there in Durand at the Durand Union Station on Saturday May 9th. As it gets closer, lets organize a few volunteers who want to bring hot dogs, buns, chips, cookies, etc so we can have lunch with the railfan grill!!!!

Zack - Thanks so much for your support!!!!

Dave Lang
i think traingirl, has that covered that as well. I could bring up some buns and some drinks
Exit stage left

TrainNut85
Train Chaser

hey if it works we should all wear name tags so everyone that shows up can be identified.

JANGAJONGA
Epic Fail B34 Master

Unread post by JANGAJONGA »

sounds good. ill be wearing my NS hat again.

David Lang
Railroadfan...fan

All,

Don't forget our Annual Durand Meet is Saturday May 9th. All are welcome. Come and go as you please. Hope to see you there! Thanks.

(P.S. - as it gets closer, we can talk in more detail about the railfan grill, food, etc.)

David Lang

TrainNut85
Train Chaser

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12488

heres the evil twin post of this (LOL).

Ignore the part of me and traingirl21 moving there, it didn't happen due to financial reasons. But so far quite a few ppl are or wanna show up, while others are in the debating stage or awaiting to see if they have the day off for it.

TrainNut85
Train Chaser

BUMP, almost a week to go!

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

railroadfan wrote:Locking down this thread.
Wait a second...what?
TrainNut85 wrote:BUMP, almost a week to go!
Almost a week? Isn't it more like a week and a half?

I wish I could have made it up there for this one...sounds like it's going to be a good time.
~ Charles W.

David Lang
Railroadfan...fan

All,

Well, our Durand meet is less than a week away now - Saturday May 9th. I cannot attend b/c my wife is in a big yank to get the basement finished so the kids can start playing down there, so I'm off this Friday and am going to be working on it w/ my dad, her dad, the neighbor down the street, etc. all weekend. Sorry, but gotta keep the boss happy right Don Simon? (haha).

Have fun everyone!

Dave Lang

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

David Lang wrote: I cannot attend b/c my wife is in a big yank to get the basement finished so the kids can start playing down there
Since we have enough Durand meet threads going, and Dave isn't attending yet again, locking this down, again...

See the original Durand thread starter, Traingirl85: http://www.railroadfan.com/phpbb/viewto ... =8&t=12488
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com