Green Frog Video- Michigan Fast Freights

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Re: Green Frog Video- Michigan Fast Freights

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

Thats right JT, the southwest corner of the diamond where most people sit, behind the bank, is where the depot used to be.

Also at 5:02 or so, that is Carleton, not Plymouth. And the C&O and NYC from 5:40 or so on is Wayne.
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by RailCanon »

The station was closed in the mid-70s after passenger service was ended. In 1978, part of the depot caught fire and burned and the building was subsequently demolished. The adjacent interlocking tower suffered a similar fate the following year.

tsinoms
Adult Gerber Baby

Unread post by tsinoms »

A couple good Green Frog vids I have include the Rock Island Line, Rockets and Rails, and I've been workin on the railroad. Green Frog is ok... but as matt said great historic vids.
This is my life. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

If this is a problem get used to it.

chico
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by chico »

It is easy to turn the sound down if you don't like the canned audio.

I grew up in SW Mi in this era, was 14 when these films were recorded so seeing these brings back a lot of good memories, even though the rail era sucked with abandonments, mergers, bankruptcies. NYC green boxcars, DT&I, C&O..wow.

But, you would never know what lie ahead looking at those clean hi-cube boxcars, graffitti-free. Can you believe the productivity of the American workforce during that era with regard to industrial output? Man. Times have sure changed.

What a different world we live in today.

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

Hey Trevor how is the RI video. I havent seen it, but wondered how it was.
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

tsinoms
Adult Gerber Baby

Unread post by tsinoms »

sd70accsxt700 wrote:Hey Trevor how is the RI video. I havent seen it, but wondered how it was.
Love it... Great shots from Joliet including fast freight and passenger... even an ALCO RS commuter unit!
This is my life. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

If this is a problem get used to it.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

I like the old historic vids... if we ever invent time-travel, I'll pay any amount to go back with a good camera and lens set and have free roam of Chicago in the 1970's, Ohio in the 70's and 80's... oh lord, I'll stop before I go crazy. :lol:
Bottom text.

Mr. Tops
Ferroequinologist

Unread post by Mr. Tops »

Hell, I'd settle for the early-90's! But, I too would love to go back into the 70s'-80's. Any time but now. I have the Pentrex B&O Oddysey (sp?) video. It is also from the 60's and has scenes from Detroit, Plymouth, Romulus, Carleton, Toledo and so on. Atleast they know their left hand from their right hand (unlike Green Frog and George W. Bush). It also has the "fake" sound but I put up with it. I also have Clear Block Productions Vignettes of the DT&I. Mostly Ohio, I can't remember, but it seems like there is footage at Flat Rock as well.