Plymouth Sucks

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
conrailmike
Signal Maintainer
Location: Less than 100' from CSX (LSRC) Saginaw Sub. MP 61.4 in Highland, MI

Re: Plymouth Sucks

Unread post by conrailmike »

Alan, if you really want to railfan then Michigan really isn't the place to do it anymore. I know it sucks having to drive close to 2 hours to see any real volume of trains. Anywhere you go in Michigan, you're not gonna see a whole lot of action. Ohio, Indiana, and Illinois are your best bet as far as anything "close" to home.

If you think Plymouth is bad, you should try living right next to tracks that really only see 2 scheduled trains on a regular basis and one runs late at night and the other runs very early in the morning 99% of the time. Anything else that runs through here is called only when they need it.

Alan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Alan »

Ok, so today I had the day off from my "dream job" and decided to give Plymouth one more chance since I'm the only person who doesn't see 20 trains a day like the rest of you. I got there at 8:15 am and stayed until 1:00 and saw two trains. Like I said before "what a waste of time."

PlymouthStationGuy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PlymouthStationGuy »

Alan wrote:Ok, so today I had the day off from my "dream job" and decided to give Plymouth one more chance since I'm the only person who doesn't see 20 trains a day like the rest of you. I got there at 8:15 am and stayed until 1:00 and saw two trains. Like I said before "what a waste of time."
Well do 1 of 2 things then .....Do not come down to Plymouth so your not wasting gas... or fine another hobby.
Plymouth Station Guy
Please do not poke at the ramp agent because he has the power to make your vacation
memorable or miserable. It all depends on what flight you bags go on.

Alan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Alan »

conrailmike wrote:f you think Plymouth is bad, you should try living right next to tracks that really only see 2 scheduled trains on a regular basis and one runs late at night and the other runs very early in the morning 99% of the time. Anything else that runs through here is called only when they need it.
I sympathize with you Conrailmike. I hate to say it but I'm saving my gas and money for Ohio.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Here's a bit of a rundown.. sounds like he was correct on the 2 "trains" if you exclude yard jobs and locals.
q321, q322, and q335 went by before he got there. q334 went way early too. he saw E441 and G640. CP X500 is going through right now, K356 coke empties are at fowlerville heading to plymouth, q326 is nearing lansing, but that won't be to plymouth for a few hours.

like JQ mentioned, lots of the action of non-yard job/D700 series trains at night, and I'm seeing between 2-8am.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

Alan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Alan »

Gee, so I'm not crazy after-all !!!!!!!!!!!

gridejq
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by gridejq »

Um yes you are crazy because once again you didnt read the info posted regarding trains in Plymouth. :roll:

Alan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Alan »

railroadfan wrote:Here's a bit of a rundown.. sounds like he was correct on the 2 "trains" if you exclude yard jobs and locals.
Alan wrote:Gee, so I'm not crazy after-all !!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Tops
Ferroequinologist

Unread post by Mr. Tops »

The "2 Trains" comment was in regards to Conrail Mike's post about there being 2 scheduled trains (Q321/Q322) north of Plymouth, I'm assuming. If you look at what else Zack posted in his message, I count NO LESS than 9 trains through Plymouth today: Q321, Q322, Q334, Q335, X500, E441, G640, K356 and Q326. This is not even a full 24-hour list and this does includde the LOCALS that run every day: D716, D717, D738, D739 and other yard jobs out of Plymouth/North Yard.

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

No it was beacuse he was there for 4:45 an seen only 2 trains.
I got there at 8:15 am and stayed until 1:00 and saw two trains.
You know what happens when you AssUME Bob. :wink:
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

Mr. Tops
Ferroequinologist

Thanks Matt. Didn't see that post.

Unfortunately, when I railfan...it's not exactly getting away from my "dream job". Oh well, doesn't bother me one bit!

conrailmike
Signal Maintainer
Location: Less than 100' from CSX (LSRC) Saginaw Sub. MP 61.4 in Highland, MI

Unread post by conrailmike »

Mr. Tops wrote:The "2 Trains" comment was in regards to Conrail Mike's post about there being 2 scheduled trains (Q321/Q322) north of Plymouth, I'm assuming. If you look at what else Zack posted in his message, I count NO LESS than 9 trains through Plymouth today: Q321, Q322, Q334, Q335, X500, E441, G640, K356 and Q326. This is not even a full 24-hour list and this does includde the LOCALS that run every day: D716, D717, D738, D739 and other yard jobs out of Plymouth/North Yard.
Yes, you are correct sir. I was talking about the two north of Plymouth. :D

Alan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Alan »

THAT'S FINE, YOU ALL CAN HAVE YOUR OPINION, AND I CAN HAVE MINE.........AND IN MY OPINION, PLYMOUTH SUCKS. THAT'S ALL I'M WRITING. AND IF YOU CAN'T RESPECT MY OPINION, TOO fark BAD !!!!!

Mr. Tops
Ferroequinologist

First off, that's completely fine - everyone has a different opinion. The fact of the matter is, people need to get their FACTS straight before they "vent". And it's really not that difficult. We make it quite easy here on railroadfan.com, if you check out the "Train Location Update" daily, you can see where the trains are and get an idea of how many trains go through Plymouth.

Secondly, (and this is my opinion) - I'm not sure why you would come on here and post "Plymouth Sucks". I mean, seriously? I am not trying to be demeaning here, but that's something I would expect one of our "junior" members would post. If you don't like it, suck it up and move on. Posting something like this, you have to understand you will be "flamed". This type of post is way too easy to jump on, and where many people may not want to see posts like this, others LOVE them (probably for the wrong reasons :twisted: ).

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go study for my GED. :P

JANGAJONGA
Epic Fail B34 Master

Unread post by JANGAJONGA »

hey c'mon guys this thread is getting a little out of hand now.....

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Mr. Tops wrote:This type of post is way too easy to jump on, and where many people may not want to see posts like this, others LOVE them (probably for the wrong reasons :twisted: ).

Yes, and you can link a lot of that LOVE to the removal of the PRE forum. Now we have to find other things to jump all over each other for.

BTW, good luck with your GED work Bob.
~ Charles W.

cnw8835
Grain Train Fetish LOLZ

Unread post by cnw8835 »

For once, I'm going to side with Janga, this thread has run its course. Locking it down.