IORY South End part 3

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
JoJames
Railroadfan...fan

Re: IORY South End part 3

Unread post by JoJames »

Weather Seal was the business in Ottawa. Company made windows.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by midland sub »

CSX swapped and an empty Valero ethanol train for a loaded one @ Haynes late Thursday night. Loaded train has a boxcar and plastic pellet hopper for buffers. WCH night extra pulled 33 empty Cargill grain cars on the Valero corn shuttle last night with 3887.

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

I see that Y@ bagged an I&O near Ottawa today and noticed it had a block of steel coil cars. Wonder where they were going too?
Exit stage left

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

They were coming from Delta.
Bottom text.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Some of that steel coil traffic has been moving south to Cincy redside.
redside20 wrote:I see that Y@ bagged an I&O near Ottawa today and noticed it had a block of steel coil cars. Wonder where they were going too?

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Here's the Y@'s pic of the Delta Turn at Ottawa. Looks like one of the new I&O Lima crew "persons" was the conductor yesterday.

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=361392

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

midland sub wrote:Here's the Y@'s pic of the Delta Turn at Ottawa. Looks like one of the new I&O Lima crew "persons" was the conductor yesterday.

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=361392
Yup, she's a newbie.
Bottom text.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Did IORY take any finished steel from Delta north at one time? Or has it always traveled south?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Rare set of 5 matching painted locos for the Wash CH power: 4071-4072-4082-3887-3889. 2 days worth of DT&I traffic from the Wash CH turn waiting to go north.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Typical busy week on the Midland. A bit slower due to more track inspections with the endless flood warnings. First week in quite some time a grain train didn't move via Haynes. Should be an ethanol train coming out of Valero on Sunday or Monday.

4071-4082 were the WCH-B power for most of the of the week. The B Job made a longer than usual run to Jackson Center one day to meet the LSL. They ran an extra out Norwood with 4083-4085 to make up for B Job's trip to Jackson Center.

Friday night's Wash CH Turn came back with over 90 cars and 4085-4071-5678-5003. 30 cars of DT&I traffic and the rest Midland traffic. Saturday's B Job crew switched out the train @ Konrad and rearranged the power. Looks like 5003-4071 will be the WCH-A power and 5678-4085 to WCH-B.

The last segment of the Midland Sub track project is supposed to start at the end of May. Work will be from Potter in Wash CH (BB 76) to the siding at Haynes on the Midland main. Ties and ballast work. The Wash CH storage track is supposed to be returned to service along with ties and ballast on the old Wellston main from the Midland diamond to back into the Wash CH ind park. The Atlas track gang will then head to the Logan Sub for the first phase of the Lancaster to Logan track project.

redside20

Went by Warder Street yard in Springfield and spied an NS SD40-2 idling with what appears to be a plastic granule hopper and a steel coil car.
Exit stage left

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

I don't think there's much interchange other than the wheat traffic for Keynes Bros in Logan moving between NS and the I&O @ Warder St anymore. I wonder if that coil car you saw came from the steel place off of the Dayton Dist at the SR 41 ind park in Springfield. I think there's the steel place and and a warehouse that I've never seen NS switch in years.

CIND 5003 was the WCH-A power on Saturday afternoon. They ended up working Lowes and CPS. Centerbeam traffic for Lowes and Universal Wood in Blanchester is heavier than it's been in years. There was over 40 cars @ Carton for the 2 on Wednesday.

Melvin Stone is moving about 40 cars of stone a week to the old L&N Decoursey yard. The new transload in the old PRR Undercliff yard on the I&O still doesn't seem to be finished yet. The I&O-RA is now using Melvin to supply all ballast for any track work south of Springfield. The 16 MELX cars are currently being used on the CIND tie and surface project.

MSchwiebert
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MSchwiebert »

Had the opportunity to watch the I&O switch Silgan in Ottawa today. There were 6-8 cars by the unloading area and another two cars north of there on the run-around track that is between the plant and the connection with the Ottawa loop. I also checked the spur into Veheroff's.and it hasn't seen use in quite awhile. Couldn't tell if the steel company refeives anything from the I&O or not, but they do have a spur.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

MSchwiebert wrote:Couldn't tell if the steel company refeives anything from the I&O or not, but they do have a spur.
I have read on this board the steel place (Steel Technologies) is an active customer but I do not know how often they are switched.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

redside20

The name of the customer NS switches is Coilplus Ohio and looks to be NS's only customer in Springfield. The other place is M&M Restaurant Supply and doesn't look like anything has touched that spur in quite some time. As a matter of fact they just had a massive layoff a few months back. In other area news, employees of International Fiber in Urbana found themselves furloughed with pay last week after they were locked out over some kind of Union Grievance. The IORY does serve this customer occasionally correct?
Exit stage left

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

redside20 wrote:The other place is M&M Restaurant Supply and doesn't look like anything has touched that spur in quite some time. As a matter of fact they just had a massive layoff a few months back. In other area news, employees of International Fiber in Urbana found themselves furloughed with pay last week after they were locked out over some kind of Union Grievance. The IORY does serve this customer occasionally correct?
M&M also has a place in Toledo off the AA that does not receive rail service and I do not think the spur is in place anymore.

IF is an active rail customer from what I have read (several sources) but I do not know how frequently they are serviced.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Indeed Int'l Fiber is still a customer on the Urbana Sub even though the sign for their entrance says Fiber Sales. I think they get 3 or 4 inbound boxcars of something a month. Their spur is just off the old Bradford main behind the trees in the pic.

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=2319678

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

midland sub wrote:Indeed Int'l Fiber is still a customer on the Urbana Sub even though the sign for their entrance says Fiber Sales. I think they get 3 or 4 inbound boxcars of something a month. Their spur is just off the old Bradford main behind the trees in the pic.

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=2319678
I enjoy pictures of industries served by railroads. Nice pic midland. :)

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Wash CH Turn ran Saturday night with 4070-4082-5003. They came back with 70 plus cars plus the CBNS 5007.

Bids came back for the Greenfield Sub bridge work. Clayton Railroad Const came in as the lowest and under the projected cost. The city is looking into using the extra $150,000 on more work for the line.

redside20

Spied NREX 5678 switching out Ashland Chemical at 10:00 this morning and most likely back to Washington Court House by now. Sad news on the Mechanicsburg Sub, the line suffered a washout just northeast of Springfield by Baldwin Lane because of the nasty storms that rolled through the area this morning.
Exit stage left