IORY South End thread

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Re: IORY South End thread

Unread post by AARR »

midland sub wrote:It's not the first time they've sent stuff to the WE. At least 2 of the NYSW SD70Ms were shipped over for work.
Was it for stuff that Norwood couldn't perform? Or was it for stuff Norwood could perform but there were concerns about the quality of work?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

Around 7:40 this morning saw the WCH-1 with IORY 9400, IORY 4072, and another loco which looked like a SD45 with a flared radiator parked at Leffel Lane waiting for a crew change at Junction Yd in Springfield.
Exit stage left

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by midland sub »

The 9400 went east on the Midland out of Wash CH Tuesday night around 9:30. They must have went and got the 4072 from somewhere east of there. You also saw the 9500. They brought down 50 plus pellet cars, P&G tankers, a couple loaded centerbeams and 25 to 30 empty pig iron cars. They probably were going to run out of time so they tied the Springfield Turn down at Junction yard. Probably a good thing they did as the Potter and New Transfer tie project started today. 4030 was struggling to move the inbounds off of Potter this morning.

16 more loads of ballast showed up today. I assume they showed up on the Springfield Turn. 4030 took 6 cars and went west out of Wash CH late Wednesday afternoon to spread it- Melvin we think.

Too bad it was a bad photo angle as the 9400-9500-4072 were all coupled together tonight at the Wash CH depot.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Add CIND 5000 to the dead line at Norwood along with the 5008. CSCD 6637 has some sort of odd cooling fan problem.
IORY 4070-PIR 2342-CEFX 6671 and the 6637 once it gets fixed will be the CIND power. CEFX 9400 is supposed to be swapping back and forth between the Wash CH Turn out of Oakley and helping the 4070 on the Honda Turn on the CIND.

They used the NS Dayton District trackage rights on Saturday. Due to the extra grain and fert. trains on the Midland and Wash CH track work, it was easier to spend the money on the trackage rights. I believe CG Tower had a shot of the train at Trainorders on Sunday afternoon with CFE 3888-IORY 4082.

IORY_fan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by IORY_fan »

CSCD 6637 has a bad relay that would not allow the cooling fans to work, CIND 5000 has the same issue 5008 has both need all their power assemblies replaced. I am almost thinking that CSCD 6637 is there so Honda can see a "RailAmerica" unit on the CIND while 5000 & 5008 are down, sure wish 5003 would come back from the ISRR.

Yes CEFX 9400 is the current swing unit that will operate on the CIND to help IORY 4070 on the Honda & Pig iron trains and also work the IORY side where needed. Anyone seen LLPX 2611 lately? LLPX 2602 is now off the property & the HLCX MP15's are head out to that only leaves PIR 2342 as the only "switcher" on the I&O

IORY_fan
"Don't worry I'm pullin for ya, were all in this together"

IORY_fan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by IORY_fan »

[quote="midland sub"]The IORY built the shop at McCullough in Norwood sometime in the 1990s or earlier. I believe they did a good deal of the heavy work and painting at the Logan shop before Norwood came along. I think most of the GP7/9s and all of the GP30s (except 86-87) and GP35s were painted in Logan.[/quote]

The GP7''s were painted in either Mason or Brookville.I know for certain that IORY 51,52,55 & 56 were painted in the Mason shop & IORY 53 & i believe 54 was painted in Brookville. All the GP9's/GP18/ & the GP30's 81-85/ & GP35's were painted at Logan. Note sure where 87 wa painted but IORY 86 was the onlt GP30 to wear both the Red & White scheme & the Solid Red scheme, 86 only lasted in the Red & White scheme for a few weeks if that, I think it got side swiped or something.

IORY_fan
"Don't worry I'm pullin for ya, were all in this together"

That Guy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by That Guy »

Midland,

CHFW arrived this morning with a car for Lucky Trucking. I believe it's plastic pellets. Where is this customer located? Aso had a car for Steel Tec in Ottawa. Should be heading to Lima tomorrow and interchanged to the I&O tomorrow night.

redside20

That Guy wrote:Midland,

CHFW arrived this morning with a car for Lucky Trucking. I believe it's plastic pellets. Where is this customer located? Aso had a car for Steel Tec in Ottawa. Should be heading to Lima tomorrow and interchanged to the I&O tomorrow night.
That Guy...i looked Lucky Trucking up and it brought up Streator Illinois. The only plastic places i can think of that IORY serves on the line are Springfield, Maiweave and Tech II,...Wilmington, Timbertech..Jackson Center, Plastipak..Leipsic, Patrick Plastics...Leesburg, Hyatamaki...Mount Sterling, Wincup...Grove City, Ashland Chemical
and two plastic customers in WCH. Is there a new customer on the line?
Exit stage left

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

I thought there was a warehouse or something on the I&O in Lima leased by a trucking company. Otherwise it has to be on the Mason Sub or Blue Ash lines. I don't think there is anything for the Midland not coming via CSX in Cincy at this point since CSX cracked down on the lease terms.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

midland sub wrote:I thought there was a warehouse or something on the I&O in Lima leased by a trucking company. Otherwise it has to be on the Mason Sub or Blue Ash lines. I don't think there is anything for the Midland not coming via CSX in Cincy at this point since CSX cracked down on the lease terms.

CHFW arrived this morning with a car for Lucky Trucking. I believe it's plastic pellets. Where is this customer located?
could it be heading for the bulk terminal in Lima?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

redside20

AARR wrote:
midland sub wrote:I thought there was a warehouse or something on the I&O in Lima leased by a trucking company. Otherwise it has to be on the Mason Sub or Blue Ash lines. I don't think there is anything for the Midland not coming via CSX in Cincy at this point since CSX cracked down on the lease terms.

CHFW arrived this morning with a car for Lucky Trucking. I believe it's plastic pellets. Where is this customer located?
could it be heading for the bulk terminal in Lima?
That guy.
an update about that plastic hopper
On the western oh yahoo board, CG Tower confirmed that the hopper was sighted along with another hopper in a transload facility at Ford Park Yard in Lima
Exit stage left

redside20

ran by Tremont siding today on the IORY. Even though i could hear the crew on the radio, the power and crew could not be located. However there was a block of 40-50 cars in the siding at Tremont. There was quite a few cylindrical hoppers, some loaded bulkhead flats, some CN boxcars, tankers, about 10 gondolas, and some grain hoppers
Exit stage left

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Redside:

You probably heard the Springfield A Job coming to get those cars or heading up the Urbana Sub. The Springfield Turn out of Wash CH swaps cars at the old Junction yard. They should have CEFX 9400 and CFE 3887. Those 2 brought a loaded grain train down to Wash CH on Saturday.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

It looks like an extra Springfield crew ran out of time and tied up in Wash CH Tuesday morning. 9400 and 3887 had a large train of P&G loads, plastic pellet cars and either an empty grain train or a loaded fert train for South Chuck to take north. The WCH jobs had 4030-4072-9500 and a ton of local cars to switch out.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Either IORY 4036 or 4034 finally made a trip thu WCH on the Midland on Thursday. I can't remember the last time we saw either loco. I'm thinking it came up from Cincy on the Wash CH Turn- might have been an extra daylight turn also ran today. 60 plus DT&I cars came down from Springfield on Wednesday night- all were gone by this evening. That would explain the 4036(?) and 20 northbound DT&I cars in WCH.

To go along with the 20 DT&I cars an empty 65 car grain train will also be going north on tonight's Springfield Turn. All CSX family cars with lots of old Family Lines, Conrail and RF&P cars. CEFX 9500-IORY 4072 will take handle the S. Turn Thursday.

Valero is now receiving inbound loads of corn via Cargill at Bloomingburg. There's at least one 15 car shuttle of Cargill and Lincoln grain cars. There should be another 50 or so Cargill and private grain cars starting to float around the IORY-CIND-CFE for loading at various elevators. The 15 car shuttle was unloaded Monday and another 12 and 5 cars went in on Tuesday and Wednesday.

redside20

Wow midland sub..sounds like things are getting interesting down there. Also Midland Sub, i got a question about Bluegrass Farms in Jeffersonville. I was traveling down I71 near there and you can easily see Bluegrass Farms from the highway and i was wondering when they were going to be breaking ground for the intermodal facility. I saw what looked to be a bulldozer out in a field in the vicinity of the farm but it looked like it hadn't been used in awhile. I heard that the 9500 was in Grove City on Monday and Today it was in Springfield. Are those 65 grain cars going to Mechanicsburg, Urbana, or up the DT&I to Lima?
Exit stage left

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Construction at Bluegrass is on hold until Cincinnati-Barge-Terminal and the city of Cincinnati can agree on the location of the barge terminal. It's supposed to be figured out sometime this summer at the latest. There's a greedy developer in Cincy who's snake of a son just happens to be on City Council. He's against the CBT project, but all for the light rail-trolley project in Cincy (daddy owns a lot of property near the light rail project).

The grain train is for either Southwest Landmark at South Chuck or Mechanicsburg.

When did you hear the 9500 in Springfield today?

Have you seen the Atlas tamper and regulator around Grove City?

redside20

Midland Sub...i heard it being mentioned on the scanner today and not in a good way lol. Thats a shame about the barge terminal and greed. Since when did light rail in Cincy become so important anyway?....Uh no...haven't seen anyway equipment this week in Grovetucky..Mechanicsburg was void of grain hoppers today so maybe thats where there headed.
Exit stage left

That Guy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by That Guy »

CHFW brought in a hand full of Cargill hoppers Tuesday morning. They went to Lima yesterday and today. I think the eleavator(Scott) in Van Wert is selling corn to Bloomingburg as I have been spotting hoppers in there in about 10-15 car cuts. Same 2 cuts have rotating for about the last month. Most are ex-Lincoln cars.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

The CEFX ex SP locos are my favorite IORY power. I don't think any of them run worth a darn though..... The 9500 has had a rough life on the IORY. A couple of years ago it and I believe CFE 3884 were involved in a slow speed head on collison in WCH. A crew forgot they left it on the Midland main and ended ramming it with a loaded phospate train with the 3884 leading. Not sure how they didn't see the 9500 (late afternoon) or forgot about it...

I don't think it's been washed since being repaired an going back in service last year. I know it's a former SP unit, but do they need to make it look like filthy SP power from the early 1980s? Never the less here's the 9500 last Saturday leading a loaded grain train out to Haynes as they pass Cargill and Valero at Bloomingburg:

http://railroadfan.com/gallery/displayi ... pos=-59805