765 on Sunday

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

765 on Sunday

Unread post by alittlevanwerty »

Sunday was our day to chase the beast! We were thankfully busy Saturday because the weather was so much better Sunday! We started out in Ft Wayne at 8:30 just as they were pulling off the Wabash. We got our first shot at Winter St which surprisingly it was only us and one NS employee. This is a favorite spot of mine for morning videoing because the warehouse shields the sun and I have a good line of sight of the tracks. Due to city traffic it was a good 20+ miles before we got back in sight of her getting out next shots at the Rt 24 overpass by Wabash and then Pottawatami Rd near Logansport. The crew change at Peru gave us a needed break and time to set up for another video. We got them one more time westbound at Rockfield before getting lost. The new 25 is not on my map, GPS or phone yet! We did get our way back and caught up with the train but didn't get other shots before Lafayette.

After lunch we set up in Buck Creek by the elevator. I had hoped for a good shot here but people crowded the rails and parked in front of the mill. On the way back we hit Delphi, the diamond in the small town west of Logansport that I cannot remember the name of, the 24 overpass east of Logansport and the mill by N Bridge St outside of Wabash. Thankfully this mill was not mobbed! Almost everyone there was on the south side closer to the crossing. We followed them back but due to the massive amount of people in Huntington and other places we didn't stop. I had hopes of getting them in Ft Wayne at Winter St again but they beat us by seconds! I should have stuck around for that CF&E train that was coming up to Mikes Tower EB but it was a long day and dinner time! Enjoy the photos and video. My wife took a lot of the pictures.

NKP 765 by alittlevanwerty, on Flickr
NKP 765 King of the Pumpkin Patch by alittlevanwerty, on Flickr
20th Century Limited by alittlevanwerty, on Flickr
NKP 765 Smokes out Mill Wabash In by alittlevanwerty, on Flickr

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Re: 765 on Sunday

Unread post by AARR »

I like! Especially in front of the old elevator.

There's a picture or two of 1225 smoking away taken in front of the old bean elevator in Henderson MI somewhere around this site. It was taken by Gregg and is one of my favs!
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Norm
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Norm »

AARR wrote:I like! Especially in front of the old elevator.

There's a picture or two of 1225 smoking away taken in front of the old bean elevator in Henderson MI somewhere around this site. It was taken by Gregg and is one of my favs!
I like that photo so well it's the background on my desktop.
Norm

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Norm wrote:
AARR wrote:I like! Especially in front of the old elevator.

I like that photo so well it's the background on my desktop.
One of those is on my photo scroll, too. It rotates amongst about a dozen others. Then it repeats in the 300-photo long screensaver :D

There are several:
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=hen ... ORM=HDRSC2
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bnsf8000 »

Another great set of vid and pics alittlevanwerty! Love those black and white shots! Really, thanks for taking the time and money to do your vids/pics. Isn't anything about railroading/model railroading a great hobby! :D

PW

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Thanks! Even the wife loves to chase steam! She was less enthusiastic about chasing the LSL all day last week lol. Next week my schedule changes and then I will only be able to fans til 1 before work. The up side to it is I'll be able to go every morning!

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Nice shots!

I think both of these were taken at Rich Valley, not Wabash. The elevator looks to be the same, but the 765 is in a different position. I really like the shots too. We caught the 765 at Rich Valley on Saturday night, but there were people all over the place (on the ballast, I mean).

alittlevanwerty wrote: Image
NKP 765 Smokes out Mill Wabash In by alittlevanwerty, on Flickr
~ Charles W.

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

You are correct, Rich Valley it is. My stupid iPhone lists it as a Wabash address.

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

alittlevanwerty wrote:You are correct, Rich Valley it is. My stupid iPhone lists it as a Wabash address.
I think it probably is technically a Wabash address. I don't recall seeing a Rich Valley post office, but I could have missed it...
~ Charles W.