# of trains through weston ohio

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
ISWBrad
Railroadfan...fan

# of trains through weston ohio

Unread post by ISWBrad »

Just curious how many trains go trhough this town. Cool looking main st crossing.

MSchwiebert
Railroadfan...fan

Re: # of trains through weston ohio

Unread post by MSchwiebert »

Between 6 and 10. "Regulars" are 506,507,509,324 & 512. 231 can go either via Bates or the C&O side. The K185 ore trains (loads to Middletown, empties back to Toledo Docks) run as frequently as the mill needs ore. There are also occasional run through coal trains for Michigan power plants (usually SB empties going back to Wyoming) as well as ballast trains going to/from the Toledo docks. I've also seen Q200 go via Bates this week as well. Finally, I'm not sure if 508 is back running or not.

ISWBrad
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ISWBrad »

Thanks

Loco_Engr
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Loco_Engr »

Don't forget Q517. Not sure what days he runs, but usually an early morning southbound from what I've seen.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

Loco_Engr wrote:Don't forget Q517. Not sure what days he runs, but usually an early morning southbound from what I've seen.
I don't know about now, but back in the day Q516/517 both ran via Fostoria.
Bottom text.

JoJames
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by JoJames »

517 operates via Fostoria. 508 is back running again although not every day. 324 has been running with at least two sections a day for quite some time.

Loco_Engr
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Loco_Engr »

This morning, I definitely heard Q517 calling signals through Haskins, so he must run via Bates from time to time...

bdconrail29
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bdconrail29 »

Loco_Engr wrote:This morning, I definitely heard Q517 calling signals through Haskins, so he must run via Bates from time to time...
In the 4 or 5 times I've seen Q517 lately, he has definitely gone via Bates.
Brett

CG Tower
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CG Tower »

Q517 has, since 5/17, run via Bates. Profile may have changed as it often does on CSX. Plus, the scenic route via Fostoria is really used as needed.

CG Tower
-You are speaking in nonsense. This troubles me.

See all of my photos at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cgtower/

F40PH Fan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by F40PH Fan »

ISWBrad wrote:Just curious how many trains go trhough this town. Cool looking main st crossing.

Yes it is a neat crossing a bell would not hurt on it but, it still is neat. I have a few videos up on Youtube of that railroad crossing. They are as of right now all night videos but, they focus point of the video is towards the crossing. I will try and post some videos of a train going by it in the day as soon as I can

JoJames
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by JoJames »

Look for most trains to use the Toledo sub north of Deshler instead of operating via Fostoria. Do to the startup on June 1 of four more trailer trains to North Baltimore. Also lots of track work will be done from Deshler east this summer so more trains will head straight up to avoid the congestion on the Willard sub when work begins.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

JoJames wrote:Look for most trains to use the Toledo sub north of Deshler instead of operating via Fostoria. Do to the startup on June 1 of four more trailer trains to North Baltimore. Also lots of track work will be done from Deshler east this summer so more trains will head straight up to avoid the congestion on the Willard sub when work begins.
Sweet! That's some good news, there's several shots up north of Deshler that I want to do but haven't been able to because of the lack of daytime traffic.
Bottom text.

CG Tower
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CG Tower »

I second that! Awesome to hear.

CG Tower

Y@ wrote:
JoJames wrote:Look for most trains to use the Toledo sub north of Deshler instead of operating via Fostoria. Do to the startup on June 1 of four more trailer trains to North Baltimore. Also lots of track work will be done from Deshler east this summer so more trains will head straight up to avoid the congestion on the Willard sub when work begins.
Sweet! That's some good news, there's several shots up north of Deshler that I want to do but haven't been able to because of the lack of daytime traffic.
-You are speaking in nonsense. This troubles me.

See all of my photos at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cgtower/

F40PH Fan
Railroadfan...fan

:D This is good news to hear. Looks like I'll be railfanning Perrsyburg a lot more this summer.

conrailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by conrailfan »

Since I live in town I've got a few shots of the downtown crossing. This week is weston's annual festival and I was railfaning downtown and was pestered by a few little kids on bikes. They were asking what I was doing and proceded to make fun of me for taking pictures of trains. I got a video of some kids playing chicken with a train and I think they are the same ones. Wacth out for them and they may make another attempt to run in front of a train. Calling the wood county shreriff may not be a bad idea if they run in front of another train.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDEz7P7Fa3U

conrailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by conrailfan »

Here is one of my shots from today. CSX SD40-3 rebuilds.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/conrailfoa ... otostream/

F40PH Fan
Railroadfan...fan

@Conrailfan yeah those same kids kept harrassing me for filming too! :? I really don't know why but, whatever. Anyways I posted a video to youtube of Weston, Ohio CSX action in the day to Youtube. Here is the URL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsTSlrC1VEg

Enjoy :D

MSchwiebert
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MSchwiebert »

The flashers in the center of the street used to be common for the towns along the Toledo Sub. Deshler, Tontogany & Haskins used to be that way too. I'd suspect that Louisana Ave. in Perrysburg and SR281 in Custar used to have the same setup, but I haven't seen photographs to support that.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

I used to go there all the time when i was younger, ive seen those kids at school before, they are the type that always got in trouble, but that was a long time ago.
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain